Performance & Compatibility Test

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Linux Specific Performance & Compatibility Test

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Akinaba 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi everybody,

If you are testing on Linux, we’d like you to help us with our performance & compatibility test. Basically we want to know how the game runs across a range of hardware and if there are any issue on your specific setup.

To help us out, we ask you to:
    1) Send us your specs.
    2) Report any compatibility issues you might have run into.
    3) Do a performance test.

To get your Specs:

1. Open the terminal
    2. If you have admin rights, type: sudo -s
    3. To output the system specs, type: lshw > '/home/<user>/<triumph_username>_specs.txt'
    4. Send us the resulting .txt file.

To report compatibility issues:
    Send an email to specs@triumphstudios.com noting what compatibility issues you are experiencing. Be sure to attach the file with your specs.

For the performance test:

1. ‘Start’ Age of Wonders III in Steam.
    2. In the launcher, open the Graphics tab, make sure to:
      Set ‘Quality Mode’ to ‘Medium’.
      Maximize your window. Note: For now only ‘Windowed’ is supported.
    3. Still in the Launcher, open the Miscellaneous tab.
    4. Enable ‘Run in debug mode’.
    5. Press ‘Play’ in the Launcher to start the game.
    6. Write down the build number in the top right of the screen.
    7. In the main menu, press CTRL-F to render the fps counter in the top left corner.
    8. Then press the Scenarios button and select the ‘Caldera Games’ scenario.
    9. Press Launch, then press Start to start the game with default settings.
    10. When the scenario has loaded, press Start to close the screen and – before you move the camera – write down the fps.
    11. This figure changes, please write down the lowest value.
    12. Select the main army in your city and attack the Hero that wants to join.
    13. Select ‘Prepare to be destroyed’ and press ‘Manual Combat’ afterwards.
    14. When you are in the battle, wait for the camera pan to complete and write down the fps shown in the top left corner.
    15. Please send an email to specs@triumphstudios.com, noting the version number and both the fps values. Mark the first fps number as SM – for Strategic Map – and the second fps number as TC – for Tactical Map – to avoid us mixing them up. Be sure to attach the file with your specs.
      If you can test in multiple machines please send us an email for each machine.
    16. Thank you for testing : D>

keiki85

How to activate Linux beta?

Do you just buy the normal game and switch to beta and it’s Linux compatible?

Or do you need a key?

BlueGoop

How to activate Linux beta?

Do you just buy the normal game and switch to beta and it’s Linux compatible?

Or do you need a key?

Yes. You buy the game, and you can play it regardless of whether you boot windows or beta (or mac I assume). No additional key is needed.

Tudhalyas

Just sent my own specs and performance test results. I hope this helps you guys to make the game run better on Linux!

Akinaba

Sent my latest performance test. Must to admit that I always had very bad performance on my system, which is a pity. 🙁

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.