Plz, make tweakable speed of receiving Racial Government upgrades

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Balance Suggestions Plz, make tweakable speed of receiving Racial Government upgrades

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  llfoso 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Zaskow

Good evening!

What do you think about making tweakable speed of receiving Racial Government upgrades? You could to tweak it by yourself dependent from your tastes or tactics.
    I’ve heard enough complains here that upgrades come too late and you already don’t use units which influenced by these skills. What if we could have tools to make them earlier? Everyone could tweak game for his own purposes and wishes.
    Do you like speed of receiving Racial Government upgrades from release version of EL? Not a problem – just click on Normal speed. Do you want to get them faster – choose Fast or Fastest speed.
    Also I want to mention that implementing of this change could help to get top-tier Racial Government upgrades sooner in MP. Too many times game ends much earlier…

Discuss.

Althea

I thought it was affected by the game speed setting, seems i’m wrong.

Maybe allow the game speed/pace setting to also control the speed of the RG?

Default setting is normal speed, which is like you said should be the equal of the current version of the game.

GeorgiSR

Maybe allow the game speed/pace setting to also control the speed of the RG?
    Default setting is normal speed, which is like you said should be the equal of the current version of the game.

That I am against. If something should be implemented it is not supposed to be tied with the game speed especially for slower games.

ArcaneSeraph

I agree it would be nice to have a setting for it. It should be independent of game setting too. Gives you more control overall that way.

Zaskow

I thought it was affected by the game speed setting, seems i’m wrong.

It’s affected by the game speed setting indirectly. Higher speed leads to bigger population growth, you get larger settlements earlier – more exp for RG.
    I just want a direct options to tweak this and not influence onto population growth and research.
    Honestly, I also want to change research and population growth coefficients separately from each other.

CSav10

Definitely agree this would be nice, playing AI on Emperor they always have champion upgrades around turn 30 starting, which is donkeys before I do.

I agree with the OP.

This is a sensible option to have even more diversity in the maps created by the RMG. In fact, I think there is room for more options to increase diversity & replayability, for example:
    1) to have more control of the Undergroud-layout
    2) to have 1 or 2 more map-sizes to choose from (suggestion: new tiny size=old small size, new small size=between the current small&medium size)
    3) an extra option for less independents then the current few

llfoso

I agree, I tend to play small maps.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.