Poll: What games of Triumph Studios have you played?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Poll: What games of Triumph Studios have you played?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  ElderDays 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

The community website for AoW3, the Battlefield.com recently launched a poll untitled: “What games of Triumph Studios have you played?” to see if players there are real fans of Triumph! You can also participate in the poll by login in with your Battlefield.com account and going there: http://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bf_poll&pollnumber=13

Here are the possible answers:
    Age of Wonders (I)
    Age of Wonders II: The Wizard’s Throne
    Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
    Overlord (I)
    Overlord: Raising Hell
    Overlord II
    Age of Wonders III

Ideas for future polls (some specific for the competitive community):
    – What are the best mods according to you?
    – What would be the best system to prevent participants to choose always the same class/race in the next tournament? [1 round cooldown, 2 round cooldown, never the same class/race, no limitation]
    – What is your favourite class?
    – What heroes do you generally refuse if they are proposed on turn 1? (because they are the worst heroes to start with)

Basically, there is one new poll every month.

Gloweye

All of them.

Thariorn

All of them.

Fogcrow

all of them^^

Khelle

All of AoW series only.

alexej

All of AoW titles too

Motasa

All of them, except the expansion for Overlord, Raising Hell. I soon have to muster some time to play through that game once more.

All of them.

SAME!

Draxynnic

All of them, although I haven’t gotten around to finishing Overlord II yet.

SikBok
    Keymaster

WoW, thanks for the support everyone : D>

Hiliadan

It looks like people who read this forum are a bunch of die-hard fans!
    But they seem to be a minority compared to the 18 respondents of the poll on the Battlefield unfortunately! πŸ˜› Only 1 played to an Overlord game, and only to Overlord II. And only 38% (7 people) played to AoW1.

Most people played AoW2:SM though (like me!): 88%.

Still time to vote: http://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bf_poll&pollnumber=13

Jolly Joker

I played all AoW and no Overlord. πŸ™‚

AoW1, AoW2 and AoW3.

Oh, and Shadow Magic. πŸ˜›

Gloweye

It looks like people who read this forum are a bunch of die-hard fans!
    But they seem to be a minority compared to the 18 respondents of the poll on the Battlefield unfortunately! Only 1 played to an Overlord game, and only to Overlord II. And only 38% (7 people) played to AoW1.

Most people played AoW2:SM though (like me!): 88%.

Probably should be noted that I played overlord only after I was already playing AoW 3, when I went looking for what other games triumph had made that might be good.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by  Gloweye.

Mourioche

Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
    Age of Wonders III

Yigg

AoW 1, 2, Shadow Magic, 3
    Overlord 1 on Xbox 360

Soon: AoW 4, the Revenge of Shnaga the Pretty?

LordCameron

All of them, though much less of Overlord. I ran out of goblins making a sweet mace and then got stuck.

ESCL

Definitely all of them. Huge fan of both series having spent well over 100 hours with Overlord (1) (if you haven’t tried co-op, I highly recommend it – the mutual panic when you’re both cornered by dwarven flamers is priceless) and probably over 500 hours with SM if you count the editor. And lets not talk about how many Pony riders I’ve recruited in AoW or how many gnomes I’ve slaughtered in Overlord 2 (stupid special pointy hat…)

Needless to say, any new game from Triumph is likely to be in my library within 24 hours.

Hiliadan

One week left to vote on the Battlefield: http://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bf_poll&pollnumber=13

What is your interest for future polls?

Ideas for future polls (some specific for the competitive community):
    – What are the best mods according to you?
    – What would be the best system to prevent participants to choose always the same class/race in the next tournament? [1 round cooldown, 2 round cooldown, never the same class/race, no limitation]
    – What is your favourite class?
    – What heroes do you generally refuse if they are proposed on turn 1? (because they are the worst heroes to start with)

Basically, there is one new poll every month.

Gloweye

Decided to add my stats to your poll as well.

Sloul

All AoW entries.

Hiliadan

Results of the poll conducted on the Battlefield:

If we add the votes of some players who posted here, the proportion who played Overlord increase a little, same for the proportion who played AoW1.
    However, it’s clear that most players playing AoW3 discovered Triumph and AoW with AoW:SM! And another conclusion that I dare make: AoW:SM was so good that most players (like me) longed for another AoW game and bought AoW3 as soon as they know it existed! πŸ™‚

Yigg

I realize 26 voters is a small sample size, but it surprises me that only about half the people who have played AoW3 have played the first Age of Wonders. One thing I love about the AoW series is that each edition is its own thing and isn’t rendered obsolete by a sequel. The gameplay varies from each version, naturally increasing in complexity, but it’s interesting to see how the game has evolved over the years while still retaining its essence.

For those of you who assume playing the first one would be redundant, I’d suggest checking it out. The branching storyline is fantastic, as is -of course- the tactical combat.

ElderDays

All of the above.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.