(Possible) new tournament

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions (Possible) new tournament

This topic contains 673 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  bf_markymark 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 674 total)
  • Author

Kireruad

If it’s not too late sign me up.

Sjow

I would like to sign up for this IGN:

Sjow

So I clearly will only play a tournament match if me and my opponent can find a fitting timeframe.

Indeed, so I’m hoping a week between rounds is flexible enough.

If it’s not too late sign me up.

I would like to sign up for this IGN:

Sjow

Both in, check main website, and also match listings, and google group and Steam group.

Ekarus

I Need to find NODOR to determine game time and place for our match this weekend!.

Castaneda

same here. Need to find unknown250!

Nodor

I Need to find NODOR to determine game time and place for our match this weekend!.

I am cleverly disguised as Nodor in the steam group for the tournament. Send me a message with times that work for you in either that group or via this forum.

cbower

I am looking for CypherPhiber, you can get me on steam at cbower, or drop a message in the google group. If those don’t work I’ll post an email here for you to contact.

OK guys that are in the first round, please send me your race and class picks.

Use this form.

It won’t be made public.

Or get me on steam.

alyra

Halflings is missing an “l” on the form I think 😮

Deus_Mortis

Btw i want to clarify some things.
    1) What should we do if both players want to be host? (minor 1turn advantage)
    2) I think there is mistake in russian rule translation. As far i can understand rules…if u played human rogue…next game u cant pick human and u cant pick rogue. So you are forced pick both new class and new race?
    In russian it is translated like…if u played human rogue…u are forced pick new class or new race…so human sorcer or goblin rogue is still available.

if u played human rogue…next game u cant pick human and u cant pick rogue. So you are forced pick both new class and new race?

This is correct.

In russian it is translated like…if u played human rogue…u are forced pick new class or new race…so human sorcer or goblin rogue is still available.

Nope. Not sure how that came about.

Whatever race or class you pick, for your next match, you cannot pick that race and class.

If in doubt, refer to the English rules.

Toss a coin! This has literally never ever come up lol. No fair way to judge it, unless…maybe, whoever goes first (I’m assuming this is for classic turns btw) concedes the right to pick the map settings to the other player?

Xaneorath

Deus_Mortis wrote:

Toss a coin! This has literally never ever come up lol. No fair way to judge it, unless…maybe, whoever goes first (I’m assuming this is for classic turns btw) concedes the right to pick the map settings to the other player?

Aren’t the brackets generated fully randomly by challonge already? .. great! If in doubt: The player who happened to be on top. Problem solved. And I can even keep my coins! 😉

@ Xaneorath, work for me.

Is anyone here on GoG? It’s necessary, as I imagine the Steam Group people (which is 2/3rds the entire list) are on the open beta patch, and it’s not known when that becomes an official patch, so the thorny question arises of which version to use.

The open beta patch is obviously the more desirable (nerfs to Tigrans and Dwarves UG) but if you’re on Gog, then you;re on GoG.

I did ask this a few posts ago, and noone answered that they were on Gog…

so, if you are on Gog, the match will be played with 1.55, and if you are not, then open beta.

Deus_Mortis

Aren’t the brackets generated fully randomly by challonge already? .. great! If in doubt: The player who happened to be on top. Problem solved. And I can even keep my coins! 😉

Well so… some of free 2round players got even more advantage with 1-turn…

Well, we already have our first match played!

Find out more by visiting the Dragon’s Head Inn.

Also, I very much doubt anyone is going to join in the next 6 hrs, so I’m going to start the tournament on Challonge.com, so people can report their matches and the match maker can do its thing.

NINJEW

I just found out that I got moved from round 2 to round 1

Exciting news!

And your opponent is bbqsauceomg.

Good luck.

Xaneorath

Well so… some of free 2round players got even more advantage with 1-turn…

I’d honestly have prefered to play my 1st match. 😉 But anyways..

It turns out my suggestion doesn’t work after all, since after rechecking the brackets it turned out, that it always sorts the opponents with the lower entry number on top.
    Which would seem to me as the order the opponents were added.
    Well. It’s a rare case you mentioned after all. Let’s just hope it won’t happen.. or we would have to get back to the toss-coin-idea. 😛

Xaneorath

Actualy.. the more I look at the bracketing now, the less does challonge seem like a good system to manage tournaments for me, since the randomness of the matchmaking is strongly reduced in favour of the entry order.

I just realized, for example, how alyra (entry number 10) got just matched up with our last entry Sjow (55), while a fair and neutral matchmaking system should’ve reshuffled bracketing randomly whenever a new opponent is added, and should in no case take entry order into account for the pairings. Also apparently all those who got their free match where just the first ones in the list (entries 1 – 10).

edit: Actualy, never mind the last comment. After rechecking on the lists from the tournament page and this board topic, I realized that the names are different. So it seems like the ordering challonge uses isn’t connected to the order of entries after all.

Hatmage

Here to confirm Fakir_Faler was victorious in our match.

Here to confirm Fakir_Faler was victorious in our match.

I’ll need class/race combos that you both used. Fakir was Dwarf Rogue, correct?

@ Xaneorath, I think there was an option to completely reshuffle every bracket, that I didn’t use.

cbower

I am looking for CypherPhiber, you can get me on steam at cbower, or drop a message in the google group. If those don’t work I’ll post an email here for you to contact.

Just wanted to bump this for CypherPhiber

cbower

Wish we could watch the games leading up to the AQ winner, looks like a really tough patch in the bracket. Would be fun to watch.

Wish we could watch the games leading up to the AQ winner, looks like a really tough patch in the bracket. Would be fun to watch.

Unfortunately it’s not realistic to demand that every player invest in decent recording software for this:S

Neckvein

I lost my game. Not sure if I should report here or not.

Just confirming victory agains Neckvein. GG! Where should I write after-action report?

Just confirming victory agains Neckvein. GG! Where should I write after-action report?

Here is fine, but I might start a new thread.

Google group or Steam group is probably best, as this thread is getting long.

Or send it to me on Steam.

What race/class did you guys use?

Yuriohs, are you up for our first round game this weekend? I didn’t see you in the steam group but I should be free any day this weekend.

Xaneorath

cbower wrote:

Unfortunately it’s not realistic to demand that every player invest in decent recording software for this:S

I tried a full freeware software called “Open Broadcaster Software” for it. It is intended to be used for streaming, but can also be used just to make offline records.
    So far it looks really good, and the videos recorded are worthwhile! Sadly my laptop can’t keep up and with the current settings it becomes unplayable for me, if I stream the match as well.
    Still Ill continue to play a bit around with the settings. If someone else tries around with the software, feel free to chat up with me about a good way to broadcast our games! 🙂

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.