(Possible) new tournament

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions (Possible) new tournament

This topic contains 673 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  bf_markymark 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 421 through 450 (of 674 total)
  • Author

cbower

Darn looks like I missed the live show, looking forward to the tape. Thanks for doing this NINJEW!

NINJEW

Tape’s here, for those who can’t wait until after I write up my AAR:

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/545488

Epaminondas

Wow, 22 turns? No wonder I hate pick-up MP games.

cbower

Great stream NINJEW, love that you do commentary.

Gaslov

I won against Sayl.

NINJEW

I would not call that game ordinary by any means. I was totally outclassed, on a map that heavily favored my opponent’s race/class pick, against an opponent who is apparently noteable for having a very strong early game, who tried to talk me into map settings that favor summon rushes.

I’d say most games I play are more in the 40-70 turn range.

Epaminondas

I would not call that game ordinary by any means. I was totally outclassed, on a map that heavily favored my opponent’s race/class pick, against an opponent who is apparently noteable for having a very strong early game, who tried to talk me into map settings that favor summon rushes.

I’d say most games I play are more in the 40-70 turn range.

Ah, ok; thanks for the clarification. So what was the map setting?

Fenraellis

Mine ended up being a grueling 108 turns… Technically it could have gone on even long than that, but Prodigal opted to end things early(so to speak), after losing his last main forces(9 Exalted, 2 Shrines and 1 Lord of the Deep) in a final desperate attack against my only surviving city, hoping to remove the last of my limping economy. Thankfully, I was reasonably defended. Two stacks of Elf Hunters, and a stack of Storm Sisters, with a level 8(9?) Archdruid hero, a Swordsman and a Phoenix mixed into the stacks.

My flavorful, more or less, report is here.

To be fair, though, as I vaguely acknowledge in my report itself, I may have been able to end it some time in the 50~60 turn time range(I believe the major battle occurred some time in the mid-40’s), but I really wasn’t sure about what kind of forces Prodigal may have had defending.

NINJEW

The map settings we used were the default for the tournament: medium size, underground enabled (though neither of us went underground once), random map type (it ended up being either continents or islands, I don’t have enough experience with either to say which I think it is confidently), with everything set to average except for city frequency and dwelling frequency, which were both set to few

I normally play with an average number of cities and dwellings, which does make the games go on longer. This game was still over extraordinarily quickly though.

And, of course, keep in mind that “extraordinarily quickly” still means “almost an hour and a half,” so.

kwibus

@ kwibus, at least one has been recorded, upload happening soon.

Also, everybody stop playing Dwarves…

Great BBB.

Also nice hitler is angry movie. Certainly made me laugh 🙂

kwibus

Hitbox. So i follow your link, there is a play button, but it doesn’t work. This is on an ipad.

I need to register or something? Dl some stuff? I prefer youtube 🙂

kwibus

The map settings we used were the default for the tournament: medium size, underground enabled (though neither of us went underground once), random map type (it ended up being either continents or islands, I don’t have enough experience with either to say which I think it is confidently), with everything set to average except for city frequency and dwelling frequency, which were both set to few

I normally play with an average number of cities and dwellings, which does make the games go on longer. This game was still over extraordinarily quickly though.

And, of course, keep in mind that “extraordinarily quickly” still means “almost an hour and a half,” so.

Hour and a half for 22 turns.

Obviously means i need to divorce and never see my kid again to seriously consider particiating in a aow3 tournament 😉

Prodigal Sun

To be fair, though, as I vaguely acknowledge in my report itself, I may have been able to end it some time in the 50~60 turn time range(I believe the major battle occurred some time in the mid-40’s), but I really wasn’t sure about what kind of forces Prodigal may have had defending.

Yeah… even if I had more troop value even after the larger fight, all my units were ineffective. Racials, class units, all the same. I fought wars of attrition, but rewards for clearing provided the upkeep needed for your Gods, I think.

*Very* tough to fight against the new Gods, I must say. I’d choose incorporeal or banish summon to deal with them – most other units face Entangling Strike at 12 strength. This is very strong in its current form. Probably should have gone for Destruction Mastery for this match since it was so hard to kill your AD leader with Regrowth/CL, guarded by Gods. Disintegrate may have done the deed against that nasty doom stack. 🙂

Fenraellis

On a side note, neither Prodigal nor I took an Alignment Specialization, and didn’t really feel like we missed out by doing so. 😛

I won against Sayl.

For future reference:

I need more information than that and it needs to be posted here.

If the results don’t get posted there within 24 hrs of a match, they are voided.

I’ll post your victory there this time, but just bear that in mind for the next match.
    It’s extremely easy to miss a post in this thread.

@ kwibus, at least one has been recorded, upload happening soon.

Great BBB.

Also nice hitler is angry movie. Certainly made me laugh :)

Give thanks to Abed, he made the video.

Castaneda

unknown250

whenever you are ready! 😉
    BTW, you will have to host if possible

Unknown250

unknown250

whenever you are ready! 😉
    BTW, you will have to host if possible

Agh, so sorry mate. I’m a complete idiot. For some reason I was thinking I was three hours behind you when I’m actually three hours ahead. Is there another time that works?

Castaneda

it would be great if there was a direct way to communicate with you. Steam?

Castaneda

and I still think you´re 6 hrs behind me! 😉

NINJEW

Hitbox. So i follow your link, there is a play button, but it doesn’t work. This is on an ipad.

I need to register or something? Dl some stuff? I prefer youtube :)

I’ve had some issues with Hitbox videos in the past shortly after uploading them. Could you try again and see if it works now? If it doesn’t work still I will look into uploading to Youtube.

Hour and a half for 22 turns.

Obviously means i need to divorce and never see my kid again to seriously consider particiating in a aow3 tournament 😉

I’d say a normal game lasts between 2 and 3 hours. If the game is really dragging on, you can always save and come back to it later.

This is the big reason that playing with more than one other person is difficult though, as multiple people are going to make the game take way longer, and it’s way harder to get 4 people to all be free at the same time again than it is to get 2 people. Forget crazy things like 8 players.

NuMetal

I thoroughly enjoyed that video.
    Thanks to Abed! 🙂

Castaneda

@unknown250

dude, im really giving up! If you want to play in a tournament, you should at least provide working communication channels! Waited almost all of my sunday for you to appear or at least answer.

Deus_Mortis

Still cant find mc-doge…in steamgroup either. 6 days already.

Well, 1st round should end 1800 this Friday, and there are still some unplayed matches (11, not counting the loser’s brackets – terrible name- games that are generated after the 1st few matches.) I *might* have to extend the 1st round, on the understanding that the initial matches usually have this issue, and as things progress down to fewer players, match turn around will be faster.

n0rf

Hey! Why did Gab moved to another cell?
    I was encouraging myself to fight him by listening “Eye of the tiger” for weaks. And now when I’m ready you move him away. It’s not honest!

Actually I’m just grambling. And I don’t think that it is foul. But I’d be happy to fight Gab at this weekends

@n0rf, late entry necessitated a reset.

drunkseraph

I really oughtta check out the forums more often, could have lost to someone by now.
    There better be another tournament at some point!

ajezierski9

Hi,
    Can I sign in here for the tournament?
    xx

kenmjensen

Hey Meeky,

As of this post it is almost 10AM where I am located(Pacific Standard Time, west coast USA).

I am fairly open for a time to meet and play.

Please respond with dates/time(s) that may work for you.

Thanks,
    BigFudgyDump

Viewing 30 posts - 421 through 450 (of 674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.