(Possible) new tournament

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions (Possible) new tournament

This topic contains 673 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  bf_markymark 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 674 total)
  • Author

ajezierski9

Hi,
    If you want we can play today. The time is 21:22 here – United Kingdom, Wales.

SeeR

Well, 1st round should end 1800 this Friday, and there are still some unplayed matches (11, not counting the loser’s brackets – terrible name- games that are generated after the 1st few matches.) I *might* have to extend the 1st round, on the understanding that the initial matches usually have this issue, and as things progress down to fewer players, match turn around will be faster.

Hey BBB , as you only recently moved me to the first round and a match vs ExNihil who is german …. we have tentatively agreed on playin our match this Saturday ….. An Shold I win that I will be ready for you on the Tuesday after that Mr NORF if that works for you ?

Castaneda

Im playing my game with unknown250 this friday at about 2200. Was impossible to find another time. Is that still tolerable?

@ castaneda, @ SeeR, real life stuff is unavoidable, I’m going to have to move the dates back for the initial round.

It causes a mismatch because osme of the more eager players have already played 1st and 2nd round matches, and some haven’t shown up or communicated at all.

So thankyou for at least setting a date and time guys, I really appreciate it.

glhf.

crimsonsun

Wish I had known about this, not sure how but I’ve not seen any promotion of this event until today.

Wish I had known about this, not sure how but I’ve not seen any promotion of this event until today.

This thread started a while ago and we’re already 1 week into it.

tS were occupied with other stuff otherwise there might have been an announcement earlier, but even then, that’s still quite a few weeks of build up.

Unfortunately, there’s no central place that is about AoW3, not even this website. Boot the game up and check the mp and you’ll see dozens of names that never come here.

I had a game the other day where the host didn’t know about this website.

Fenraellis

I had a game the other day where the host didn’t know about this website.

🙁

I mean seriously 🙁

That just smacks of laziness. If you are interested enough in the game, why wouldn’t you at the very least try searching for it via search engine. Heck, Steam(and likely GOG) has a link to the main website.

It’s called, well, “visit the website”, and the update/news information pages all link to this website’s news articles as well.

@ Fen, yeah it was quite funny.

I joined the open group, and then Abed showed up, and the host was calling me a noob (well I am a noob, but still!)

And then Abed mentioned tournament settings, and the host didn’t have a clue.

And then it transpired he didn’t know about this website.

Still, there’s a degree of arrogance on my part here, but it did make me wonder what the aratio is between those who buy the game:play the game: post here or in Steam.

Serahfemme

My first round game against Chip is occurring today at 5PM EST (about 2.5 hours from me making this post). I will be streaming it (http://www.twitch.tv/serahfemme) for anyone who’s interested.

I’ll try to post another reminder just before the game.

cbower

Cool. Thanks I will try to check it out.

Serahfemme

Game about to start now! The stream (http://www.twitch.tv/serahfemme) will be up momentarily.

Epaminondas

Game about to start now! The stream (http://www.twitch.tv/serahfemme) will be up momentarily.

Can you commentate as well – like Ninjew – so we get an idea of what you are trying to do (not to mention stuff we might miss for sundry reasons)?

Serahfemme

I don’t have a microphone, so sadly, no 🙁

Epaminondas

I don’t have a microphone, so sadly, no :(

Ah, ok.

Meeky

Ack! Sorry, stuff went down. I’m busy tomorrow but free Sunday and Tuesday onward. (Mondays/Sundays are always going to be busy for me, possibly Fridays.) Is there still time or no?

As an aside, the “stuff” I mentioned includes a brief (1-2 day) internet outage, dog dying, and then copious amounts of tabletop gaming in the aftermath of said dog dying.

If the person that I’m up against needs to know my Steam ID: Meeky, just as it is on here. I can discuss stuff there. And stuff.

cbower

Couldn’t make the live contest, is there any chance this gets posted later.

jennaiel

Game was outstanding.Thanks for the stream.

NINJEW

Me n’ Prodigal are about to Duke It Out. Come watch me get slaughtered: http://www.hitbox.tv/NINJEWTSUSA

jennaiel

Thanks going to watch

n0rf

@seer @exnihil who won?
    Whoever it was, please contact me asap (here or in steam) so we can talk about time of our game. I think we won’t be able to play ths weekends already, so we have to play at workday. I can play at workday after 20:00 for my timezone (which is UTC+3). Tell me if it works for you.

NINJEW

Game’s over, and I’m officially out of the Tourney! Video’s here if anyone wants to watch

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/553598

jennaiel

Game’s over, and I’m officially out of the Tourney! Video’s here if anyone wants to watch

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/553598

Game was fun to watch.You had your chances but had some bad luck/dc’s in that one fight .I felt you sorta gave up after that.Thank you for streaming and live commentary.I hope more people do that.Would be a fun tournament.

NINJEW

I was like 5 turns away from everything coming together perfectly and shitting out very powerful stacks out of my throne every 6 turns. I had Cannons, Seeker was about to be researched, when Seeker completed I’d have completed the Master’s Guild letting me 1turn Cannons too, and my leaderstack had 2 Knights in it. If I hadn’t of taken the crow bait and kept my Cannonstack, that game would’ve been far more interesting.

@ Ninjew, you could have still won even after that bad luck fight. But after you lost that fight I felt like Jen did, like you just gave up.

I don’t know if the 3 times reconnecting and the (un) lucky got to you or what, but it was like Prodigal unhinged you.

I *knew* he was going to make a play for your Throne after that, and you did too I think, but you didn’t defend it.

Also, I think you tried to fast tech to the late game, despite starting relatively close to him. You basically kind of just waited for him to make the 1st move.

You were also losing every Scout fight, and after the first time he used moving target, you should have used 2-3 Drones in each scout stack. IIRC, you had the mana for it, and iirc, he could only cast it once in every scout fight, so you have used the old tag team trick, where you send in 1 Drone, make him use whatever spell (in this case moving target) then do some damage (which you were doing) and then hitting it same turn with another Drone.

2 to 3 turns of that would have effectively blinded him strategically, and knocked his confidence a bit.

And then when he was waiting for you to do the same thing, this time you use your Drones as bait (and not the other way, like he did).

Anyway, it’s easy to be wise after the event, but hopefully your next game will be more closely run!

If it had been me, I think I would have made a concerted push with a stack of Golems, just to force him to pay attention to his half, that would have bought you the time you needed to get your seekered Cannons out.

Fenraellis

I think I would have made a concerted push with a stack of Golems

To be fair, when he scouted Prodigal’s throne and saw three Scoundrels, he came up with the (unfortunately false in this case) theory that Prodigal was going for a Scoundrel strategy. In such an instance, a Golem strategy would be a Bad Idea.

Ultimately, I do agree that the unfortunate events surrounding that fight(based on what I observed, the d/c’s were actually all unintended) may have unhinged NINJEW’s strategic planning.

All said, though, it was still an interesting game to watch, even if I do believe NINJEW had a much better chance to fight back than he himself did.

NINJEW

Having people from this forum around during the stream was actually kinda cool

Is there any appropriate place where I would post if I was to stream AoW3 some other time?

Prodigal Sun

The disconnects were very unfortunate and it would have been more costly for me with the first fight, and as BBB says the loss of vision was a big deal. I usually prefer strategic warfare or smaller skirmishes where tactical error is less fatal.

I had vision of the leader stack during that time and from what I could make of it there was little chance to beat me to the city. But, had you gone there I might have pulled back and secured more time for my Stalkers to be researched and built.

My initial idea was to wait for your stacks to leave for my towns and then from stealth or water, assault your towns. I certainly had the mobility to do it and winning the scout battles made the operation area a lot larger.

2 drones in stacks on crucial spots just to know when and where I am moving would have helped a lot.

Is there any appropriate place where I would post if I was to stream AoW3 some other time?

There isn’t any one place, just start a thread when you are going to stream. It’s always fun watching other people play.

1337 Shinobi—??
    Mc-Doge—-??
    millthunder—-??
    Tarskon—-??
    Meeky—–??
    Kemmjensen
    Stormwind(updated)
    Keejchen (updated)
    Ariga(forfeit)
    Fjordus(auto advance)

People with a ?? please get in touch a.s.a.p. You’re holding up the game progression and I haven’t heard from you as to what is going.

@ Kemmjensen (BigFudgyDump) if nothing is heard from Meeky by Wednesday morning, you’ll advance.

@ the ??? if I don’t hear from you by Wednesday morning, you will be eliminated.

Why Wednesday morning? So that Ex and SeeR can get their game done (Tuesday evening)

Marcus and MrXd89 I know your situation (time zones right?) but hopefully that’ll get sorted soon. Sorted. Good match, and nice video.

madmac

Could create a dedicated streaming thread that way anyone could just drop a link whenever they’re about to start a game.

Viewing 30 posts - 451 through 480 (of 674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.