(Possible) new tournament

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions (Possible) new tournament

This topic contains 673 replies, has 80 voices, and was last updated by  bf_markymark 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 674 total)
  • Author

ExNihil

Perhaps it is not. I prefer though to try and see whether we can match schedules. If not I will quit the tourny (although I am in CET so maybe its not necessary if there are enough other players on CET).

It’s more Tarskon and Chip who are concerning me. They asked for, and got, an extension, but I’ve heard nothing since then.

As far as I know they played their match Monday evening…

Schneeente

Since Monday I am back and available 24/7. So it is not my fault, I hope ^^

/edit: I’m Chip

Ok, I know Tarskon is available only on weekends, but it makes no sense to keep delaying things like this.

Also, he didn’t show up for his scheduled map with Chip.

So, I shall forfeit that match and hope he shows up to play the next match, which is against MrXD89, who I also haven’t heard from recently!

@ Ex, @ Blackwhisper:

Both of you have indicated issues with the time difference and real life commitments (thesis, children etc) and have both offered to forfeit in order to advance things.

It basically comes down to a coin toss then, so whoever replies first gets to pick, then I will literally toss a coin 3 times (and film it, so you can see the veracity) and whoever wins the best of 3 goes forward.

it’s either that or DQ’ing both of you, which is silly (but so too is waiting for your match to conclude when everyone else is impatiently bugging me to advance things).

jennaiel

Would be fun if we had the editor /editing tools. Instead of coin toss , we could battle 2 very lucky similar halfling units with best morale using autocombat without spells. The AOW3 Rng could decide who proceeds then.Coin tossing aow3 style.

Blackwhisper

Tails 🙂

Would be fun if we had the editor /editing tools. Instead of coin toss , we could battle 2 very lucky similar halfling units with best morale using autocombat without spells. The AOW3 Rng could decide who proceeds then.Coin tossing aow3 style.

This is actually possible.

Just make a custom map, put 2 sides, give them each one Hafling unit, and let the fight commence.

Might be more entertaining to do it that way.

EDIT: Tarskon was able to make it, but lost, so results are the same as before, i.e. Tarskon to face MrXD89.

Bouh

I did some stats with what I could gather from the weebly forum. I wont post them now because not a lot is relevant.

From what I can say about it, dwarves and humans are the most popular races, but not really that successful : human have 50% win/loss ratio, and dwarves 63%, but they have too many mirrors for the win/loss ratio to be accurate (half their matches are mirrors).

After them come tigrans and draconians (in popularity). Draconians have the second most mirror matches.

For classes, sorcerer and warlord are the most popular, followed closely by rogue and archdruid. They are average or less than average in effectiveness though : 50% for rogue and warlord, less for the sorcerer and archdruid.

Least popular class is the necromancer ; I’d say people are not comfident enough in the class power. After it come the theocrat and dreadnought. Theocrat is under 50% effectiveness (like sorcerer and archdruid) but dreadnought is almost undefeated, with 5 victories for 1 defeat, and most in second round.

Stats show a very good balance for now and class and race popularity is definitely not tied to any statistical advantage, and considering the small size of the batch we are working on it’s impressive (we wouldn’t get better result with random dice through). The only oddity is the dreadnought but it’s still too soon to tell.

n0rf

@BBB

About ExNihil and Blackwhisper game. I don’t know all details of their schedule. But I am the person who played with Blackwhisper on this tourney and who waited long time for game of ExNihil and SeeR. So there are my observations: it was easiely to find convinient time for my and Blackwhisper game, so I think it should be easy for others. We saw that SeeR and ExNihil game was the last game of Round1 on this tourney. And as I know it was ExNihil fault. Also very tight timing was caused by the fact that ExNihil played his first game too late.
    That is why I think there shouldn’t be any random for determine who should be DQ if they can’t schedule their game, ExNihil should be DQ.

All what I said is just my humble opinion. ExNihil, sorry for my insult, but I think you are only one who slows tourney.

Blackwhisper

@n0rf a game to which I got destroyed 😛

I’m ok with a toss BBB… I don’t want to hold up the tourney just keep me posted. Thanks!

n0rf

@blackwhisper

Well if you agree to toss, I may not be the one who grumble about it. So let the Great random dispense justice.

Ludomancer

Hello, I heard that you guys were looking for me. I must admit I had completely forgotten that I had volunteered to enter, and I haven’t been on the forums recently. I apologize to BBB, my opponent and the other organizers. Good luck to everyone participating. I hope you all have fun!

Ludomancer

Nice moustache.

ExNihil

Well, Blackwhisper hasn’t been online for the past 3 days so there is really no way to schedule a game I’m afraid. @blackwhisper – if you are reading me, lemme know in steam pls.

Ayenara

Unknown250, I am supposed to play you next. Is there any way for me to contact you directly? I have steam if you’re using that. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198031669297

Castaneda

His steam name is “TheYellowDart” if i recall correctly

Ok, EX and BlackWhisper, as you can see in challonge you are in round 1, and we just had our first round 4 game.

The only advantage here is that because Fjordus is about to/has just become a father, he has pulled out, which means whoever wins out of you 2 goes to round 3 automatically.

being in round 3 in the secondary bracket means we will have caught the time up.

If neither of you has played the game by Sunday 0001 (technically Monday but whatever!) then the Hafling lucky strike will be deployed!! (whihc is a relaly sucky way to decide who goes through).

Tarskon, your continued internet availability issues are causing issues. real life is disturbingly real, but people are waiting for you (and hassling me!)

Keejchen and Cypherphiber, I need to know what is going on.

Ugh…I am busy today but at some point tonight I will make the Hafling lucky strike map in the editor and one of you will be removed, unless ofcourse you manage to get the game done tonight).

Can’t keep on waiting like this.

Ugh…I am busy today but at some point tonight I will make the Hafling lucky strike map in the editor and one of you will be removed, unless ofcourse you manage to get the game done tonight).
    Can’t keep on waiting like this.

the joy of babysitting players Lord BloodyBattleBrain, you should put the responsibility at the players side and give them a “motivation” to do their turn. I suggest a blacklist for players who cheat or neglecting playing their fight. that should motivate them.

ExNihil

No Blackwhisper in sight. Anyhow, I forfeit. HF

@ overlord, if someone cheated they wouldn’t be put on a blacklist, they’d just be removed from the tournament.

@ ex, acknowledged, Black whisper goes through, and I can put the Halflings away.

@ overlord, if someone cheated they wouldn’t be put on a blacklist, they’d just be removed from the tournament.

so they can return to cheat on the next tourney? still that is not really the issue just an example, the real problem is to motivate people to play their game on time, of course it is not really fair to have someone go to the next round because the other side “give up because he don’t want to wait anymore”

so how are you going to do that and also ban those people for later tournaments? in my personal experience a Blacklist containing people breaking the rules of your tournament is a effective way of reducing those problems. getting on the blacklist means that you cant enter any hosted tournaments using that blacklist and are disqualified from the current tournament.

second problem the location of such a blacklist without breaking the forms policies, we don’t want to just shame and blame people but you still need a location to check if someone is listed or not, a public steam group should be the best solution, giving other hosts a method of checking if that player is not listed, giving the blacklist also more value.

you should be reasonable though, if people have a good reason or prove to be a “good player” you should remove them from the list.

just don’t see this as critic but more as a helping hand running your tournament smoother.

Techno

Yesterday talked to mrXD89 and asking for his D/Q.

Quote:
    Techno: are you gonna continue taking part in AoW tournament?
    mrXD89 сейчас имеет статус «В сети».
    mrXD89: och I’m really sorry but I think Ican’t continue because of some personal problems. Sorry again
    Techno: please massage BBB about that

Well waiting for message…

Tell him to post here as I have no Steam.

Keejchen and Cypher Phiber;
    Tarskon and MrXD89

Weekend has come and gone, and games haven’t been played. You guys are the last in round 2, secondary bracket.

Those in round 3, please go ahead!

Techno

BBB, need your e-mail or another way of connection.

Oh? Curious.

Techno

@BBB I cant play tourney game for already 3 weeks! because of absence of irresponsible noobs who sign in the tourney and then cant find 3 hours in a week to play a game (Tarskon and MrXD89)

They had a week , but they didn’t do it, so asking for D/Q of MrXD89 based on massage to me 2 days ago

Techno: are you gonna continue taking part in AoW tournament?
    mrXD89 сейчас имеет статус «В сети».
    mrXD89: och I’m really sorry but I think Ican’t continue because of some personal problems. Sorry again
    Techno: please massage BBB about that

and grant me victory over Tarskon based on our game 21.06.2015

got the video of that game 850 mb.

I guarantee the authenticity of all the information provided

Viewing 30 posts - 541 through 570 (of 674 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.