[Q] Charge/flanking and damage channels

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions [Q] Charge/flanking and damage channels

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Telenil

I’ve been wondering, how do “generic” bonuses from abilities interact with multiple damage channels?
    If a hero with a +fire weapon under Poison Mastery does a Charge, which channel(s) gets a bonus? If an apprentice flanks with Faerie Fire, how does the +2 bonus damage applies? What if the apprentice also has [target] Slayer?

I could probably test it, but I’m not home and maybe other people would be interested to know.

Bob5

Flanking gives a +2 damage boost to all damage channels. [target] Slayer only affects the first damage channel in the index (for Fairy fire that’s the fire channel I think). Charge, Polearm, Backstab, Armor Piercing, and Overwhelm boost the physical damage channel only. +Ranged damage boosts for heroes also only affect the first damage channel on ranged attacks. Seeker boost affects all damage channels on a ranged attack.

Note on all these boosts, the game calculates the total attack or strength value on each channel separately, including flanking, slayer abilities, and so on, and then compares that value with the defense (for physical channel) or resistance stat (for other damage channels) of the target. If the difference is still 10 or more in favor of the defending unit, the damage will stay on 1.

Telenil

Thanks! =)

Gloweye

[target] Slayer only affects the first damage channel in the index

+Ranged damage boosts for heroes also only affect the first damage channel on ranged attacks.

These are always the same channel, which you could call the “primary” damage channel. Basically, all +X boost that don’t provide a damage type symbol only boost the primary one, and in the case of melee attacks, this is practically exclusively the physical one.(I can’t really think of an exception..). So that means that a 6 Physical 16 Fire damage Fire Elemental has a slayer ability(say, from a dread hero with pest control squad), it will boost his physical damage, even though fire is more prevalent by itself.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.