Question about Vanilla Campaigns

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Question about Vanilla Campaigns

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

oasis

What up, players!

I’m about to return to AoW3 after a long time off (haven’t played since beta). I don’t own any of the expansions and my current goal is to play through the original campaigns. My question is this:

Is there any pressing reason to buy the expansions before playing through the vanilla campaigns? I’m unsure what all it would change in the game in regards to just the campaign mode. I’ll probably purchase the expansions eventually, I’m just wondering of there is a pressing reason to rush out (to the Steam page) and buy them now.

I hope that made sense. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

ESCL

Hello,

The campaigns in vanilla won’t change if you download the expansions. The only real things that’s added to the existing races and classes are the racial governance and mystical ciy upgrades – and these aren’t enabled in the vanilla campaign. Everything else has been added in patches instead.

That being said, I just started the campaigns again some weeks ago and I wouldn’t play them without the expansions. The reason is that you only need to enable a setting in the editor to be able to use both RG and MGUs in all campaign maps. And since I love these upgrades and can’t play without them – I would highly recommend this. Could affect the difficulty and balance of some campaign maps though, so it’s your choice.

oasis

Cool, thanks for the info.

Weltenreiter

Is there a similarly “easy” way to unlock full item/loot list in campaigns by way of mod?
    What about item forge? (Yeah, OP. I don’t mind, whats good enough for Ke’Nan is good enough for Sundren D:< )

Gloweye

Is there a similarly “easy” way to unlock full item/loot list in campaigns by way of mod?
    What about item forge? (Yeah, OP. I don’t mind, whats good enough for Ke’Nan is good enough for Sundren D:< )

You should be able to enable the Item Forge from the Map Settings in each individual map.

Centurin

That being said, I just started the campaigns again some weeks ago and I wouldn’t play them without the expansions. The reason is that you only need to enable a setting in the editor to be able to use both RG and MGUs in all campaign maps. And since I love these upgrades and can’t play without them – I would highly recommend this. Could affect the difficulty and balance of some campaign maps though, so it’s your choice.

How exactly do I do this? If I try to load the campaign maps in the editor, it refuses to load with “Cannot open map, not a user made map”. Anyone have any ideas?

Gloweye

How exactly do I do this? If I try to load the campaign maps in the editor, it refuses to load with “Cannot open map, not a user made map”. Anyone have any ideas?

It might be impossible to edit the DLC campaign maps in this way. Not entirely sure. I know for a fact that the vanilla campaigns are possible to edit. Which map exactly were you trying to load?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.