Question regarding localization and mod priority

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Question regarding localization and mod priority

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Gloweye 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Gloweye

I’m currently building a program that would enable people to create and manage localization xml files without any programs like Excel. And it got me wondering – Do xml files take mod priority into account the same way that edits to rpk’s do? So if I include a custom abilities.xml in a mod with priority > 1, will that override the entries of the xml that’s included in the base game without having to change all links in the rpk’s?

Because if so, I can change my program in order to allow custom translations – by basically swapping out one language for another. There’s been some requests for portugese/spanish translations, and if possible, I could use it to help them make their own translations.

Another question is regarding the icons – There’s a bunch of in-text icons that can be made by localization texts, and I was wandering whether I could include those png’s into my own program, to make it easier for people to access them while creating texts(as well as having the program parse them for convenience). Am I allowed to include them in the program, despite it’s going to be released independently from AoW3? (Not that I’m really doubting it, since you guys have been awesome in regards to similar requests from the Wikia, but I do want prior permission.)

Program will be available for free of course.

Gloweye

Bumpity Bump Bump?

Gloweye

Dev’s?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.