Racial Dwellings Mod

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Racial Dwellings Mod

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LordCameron 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

LordCameron

Is anyone making one or will that be my third mod to work on? I don’t mind, but I imagine it would be better if someone with greater skill created it.

(I am assuming that the race requisite for building units does what I think it does, I haven’t tested that yet as I haven’t had the need)

Jolly Joker

What is the difference between a “racial dwelling” and a town?

By the way – I am working on a dwelling, but that’s a very complex project which involves the creation of new abilities, units, models, icons, buildings…

I don’t know how to tell the system to make a dwelling into a race so I *think* the only way to do it is to create a new race (using the Dark Elf template) and then import your chosen dwelling units into new race.

E.g. create a new race called Dragon.

Link the Dragon dwelling buildings to this new race.

Link the units.

Remove/disable Dragons as a dwelling (not sure how)

And your new race is a race (not a dwelling) according to the system but for gameplay purposes it is basically a playable dwelling.

I don’t know what you’d do about heroes though as I believe those are hardcoded as Humanoids on Horses.

NB: all of the above is pure theory crafting, that I’ll be testing this weekend.

I may well be completely wrong.

Gloweye

I may well be completely wrong.

Nah, you’re pretty much 100% on point.

LordCameron

Sorry, I was unclear.

I mean a mod where each race or class or both gets a unique unit from a dwelling. So necromancers could get bone dragons from dragon dwelling and maybe goblins could get kharag from giant dwelling. that sort of thing.

Although I like BBB’s interpretation, but that is beyond what I am prepared to do at this time.

@ LC, I don’t know if it possible to do that.

I mean, in theory it should be right? A question of linking particular units to particular races (or linking the buildings that give you those units).

Like you could make Dragons Dwellings capable of producing class buildings (just link the class buildings to the Dragon dwelling in the editor) so you could give each class a specific building.

I don’t know if that would work with races though…

LordCameron

I think you can make it so a unit requires a race to be built. So you could make the unit buildable in the normal buildings in a Dwelling, but it might not appear or be possible for the wrong race to build. I’ll try it out sometime soon, maybe this weekend.

Fenraellis

Since race is independent of other factors(unless you can co-opt the Migration races-within-empire check system somehow?), I’m not so sure. Now tying special dwelling units or structures to class restrictions should be much easier to do, though.

Actually, it is doable for races!

Not directly, but you can select a “required player property” category when in the Dwelling Upgrade pack, and then chose a race governance skill of choice to be required before you make the structure.

You can also do specializations, some (but not all) classes, and other things.

You can also link the class buildings to the dwellings, and then have that building allow special dwelling units to be produced (the normal class units won’t be produced because there is no dragon martyr, for instance).

Gloweye

You can have a city upgrade of your choice (say, the T3 military building) apply a player property, and require that for the dwelling units you make. Or just link it to RG like suggested above.

LordCameron

Actually, it is doable for races!

Not directly, but you can select a “required player property” category when in the Dwelling Upgrade pack, and then chose a race governance skill of choice to be required before you make the structure.

You can also do specializations, some (but not all) classes, and other things.

You can also link the class buildings to the dwellings, and then have that building allow special dwelling units to be produced (the normal class units won’t be produced because there is no dragon martyr, for instance).

Clever 😀

Now who is going to do it? (I’m going to play around with this either way.)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.