Ram Buffs

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

This topic contains 134 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by  ariga 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)
  • Author

Buczer

The video game equivalent of that thread right now 😉

Ericridge

Out of all units to argue about, it’s the humble battering ram. I never saw this coming at all. Never.

Fenraellis

Out of all units to argue about, it’s the humble battering ram. I never saw this coming at all. Never.

At this stage the argument isn’t even really about Battering Rams anymore, but rather the ephemeral concept of ‘Balance’.

That all being said, can we try to keep things on the actual topic. Barring that, can we try to actually keep things civil? If the Mods were not so busy(presumably?) dealing with the recent spat of spam bots, I would have been entirely unsurprised to see some warnings issued. Or even temp-bans, depending on past offenses.

Bouh

@ninjew : you apparently have no clue about the history of this game, the history of whines, nerfs and buffs there was. Like many people BTW.

If you knew this history, you would be able to see how each and every single balance change called for another one.

If you knew this history, you would see that each balance change followed forum whines.

If you knew this history, you would know that rams were deemed OP at some point, and probably were nerfed, because someone had the idea of using them instead of infantry in MP with some success.

And now you are here bitching because someone see some bitter irony in this thread. And I’m even bitter thinking that two months ago you would have been baned for all the insanities you wrote in this thread.

If you want to see more things that have been badly balanced, just have a look at all the “balance” discussions of these days, and have a look at all the patch change logs since release.

New content is great. Balance usualy is only a reshuffle of things. People have to learn the new good strategies, so it takes some months, and a new “balance issue” arise.

NINJEW

You know the history of the game, why don’t you name the last time people whined on this forum and a terrible balance change went through?

I honestly just straight up don’t believe that many bad balance changes have come from people whining on this forum. I believe this because right now, the game seems pretty well balanced to me, so whatever changes have been made were probably for the better, in my opinion.

You don’t agree with this, but want to discuss it in a way that involves not bringing up a single time this has happened. I don’t know how that’s a discussion that is supposed to even happen. Please demonstrate basic reasoning capabilities by presenting some kind of evidence to support your position. I see no reason to believe that whining has made this game worse, or is at all detrimental to the game, aside from “Bouh, a self-admitted idiot, said so.” Sorry Bouh, but your word alone is not a compelling reason for me, and shouldn’t be for anyone else.

quo

If you knew this history, you would see that each balance change followed forum whines.

Are you implying the game is in worse shape now than it was previously? At exactly what point did it achieve pristine balance that was sullied by whining? It seems to me the developers have been good about changing things where they agree and rejecting changes they disagree with, and that has resulted in a better game.

NINJEW

You’ll find the answer right here:

3 months for a turn based strategy game is nothing to see where balance settle. I said it right after the release : we would need a year to see where the balance actualy sit.

We now are a year after, and so many things have changed that the balance is still a mess no one can evaluate.

Bouh wants the game back to how it was at Release

Had there been 0 patches since then and now, only now would we even be able to consider changing the balance of the game

ariga

Please Close this Thread kid insulting each other for no reason.
    Also to end this Thread problem bhou was talking about is ppl coming on forum & whine about something they never try like they should to talk about balance u should try unit in many condition to see his strength & weakness before post anything on the Forum.
    For example Zaskow talking about Ram having 16 damage & can t three shot stone wall=> he never ever tested it AND he is NOT the Only One doing this.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>NINJEW wrote:</div>
    It takes a ram 3 hits to clear a stone wall, it doesn’t need a damage buff.

Doubtfully. Ram has only 16 damage and stone wall has 100 HP.

NINJEW

Please Close this Thread kid insulting each other for no reason.<br>
    Also to end this Thread problem bhou was talking about is ppl coming on forum & whine about something they never try like they should to talk about balance u should try unit in many condition to see his strength & weakness before post anything on the Forum.<br>
    For example Zaskow talking about Ram having 16 damage & can t three shot stone wall=> he never ever tested it AND he is NOT the Only One doing this.

Who cares if people tried it out or not. As this thread showed, those people will get corrected by more knowledgeable players.

Bouh

Please Close this Thread kid insulting each other for no reason.

Only one kid is insulting people here… It’s so much fun I want to not anwser his question only for him to cry more.

Are you implying the game is in worse shape now than it was previously? At exactly what point did it achieve pristine balance that was sullied by whining? It seems to me the developers have been good about changing things where they agree and rejecting changes they disagree with, and that has resulted in a better game.

I’m not saying it’s in a really worse shape, only that it’s not in a better shape than before. And if it’s not better, was it worth it ? By waiting a bit we would now know how the balance work and how to fix it properly. And I never said that the game was perfectly well balanced at some point.

And there indeed was a time were the game was better balanced before a change than after : the first economic change screw the balance completely off, and it took all the time until GR expansion to fix it to an accepted state. There is also the enchantment rebalance which is slowly undone with each patch. And now powercreep. Powercreep happen when you already buffed everything, so you finaly come to the only thing you haven’t already buffed, and you buff it too.

Anyway with EL I’m pretty comfident we are now in a worse shape than before, mostly because of powercreep, and partly because of many new content.

Buczer

Personal taste. If the game remained in a state that was at release, i would drop it many months ago.

NINJEW

The game is in a far better state now than it was 3 months ago

I really doubt this is a controversial opinion

Bouh

And yet again there is difference between new content and balance.

NINJEW

The game is better in both Content and Balance

I don’t think there’s a ton of people who disagree with this

ariga

To be honest i disagree with Bouh about the patch at release of a game we always need some fix because some stuff didn t got time to get balanced like the necro before the +35% governance with the low growth of city(yeah you fight but u only feed one city so most of time your first big city will stop to get it the more u expand/take city making it almost impossible whatever u do to even get close to the quest to get metropolis. Got it once with 3 farm on it & vassal who was already big but as living would had get it much earlier even if i tried to feed it with fight as much as i could(because other city took the pop when i was not close enough to this one)+ you tend to migrate more as necro since u still lack of governance & want to reach it faster & also it avoid to w8 4 turn minimum every time even for the city at 1 turn of your cap/other city.
    So without the 35% bonus it was a pain to get governance now it’s more fair u still got less governance than other for same starting city with time since they growth slower but not by much(except when they start to get very good moral on race ofc since they also have +35% with cheerful race.
    And many other balance like this was needed & are welcome.
    Ofc we need some time to see big picture about minor balance but for important balance you use to see it quick.
    But for this topic Ram are fine won me more fight than i can count allowing me also to take city on auto without loss while i would had probably lose 3-5 unit for it otherway vs AI & vs human player made hard lose fight into hard win fight.
    So no please don t buff it, would make them OP & broken

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 135 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.