Re: Golden Realms Release Date & Purchase Price?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Re: Golden Realms Release Date & Purchase Price?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Avalon 8 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Mr_Pete

Was just wondering if the Golden Realms expansion is still releasing tomorrow as planned & what the purchase price is? The reason I ask is that it is listed on the Steam Store ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/299230/ ) as releasing tomorrow at 5pm GMT but with no price yet, and it is not listed at all on Good Old Games/gog.com which is where I bought my original copy of AoW 3.

Otherwise, I can’t wait for it, the new content and patch changes look great and I’ve booked several days off to complete the Halfling campaign. In my teenage years I spent many hundreds of hours playing Age of Wonders 1 & 2 & Shadow Magic in my English home village and own multiple copies of them all, but with a career I now have much less time until I read about AoW 3 being released in March. The game was great company in the evenings in April-June when I was working on remote Pacific islands & I completed both campaigns. I’ve been regularly reading these forums, but have yet to post.

By the way, all credit to Triumph Studios (& their supporters) for creating such a fantastic game and vibrant world – I often wondered if they would return to Age of Wonders and what a brilliant result. I can’t wait to see what they create next.

marlowe221

I was also wondering about this since there is not a whisper of the expansion on GoG.

Ericridge

Uh I have no idea XD Triumph studios probably had too much beer and forgot.

marlowe221

Uh I have no idea XD Triumph studios probably had too much beer and forgot.

Hehe, I’m sure they didn’t forget. But it is a little strange not to see something on GoG a couple of days ahead of time for a DLC/expansion/add-on.

esvath

Yeah, I just checked at GOG and there is no Golden Realm! I hope that this will be released at GOG at the same time with Steam. Otherwise, I’d be a sad panda…

JPoll

After all, the price is fixed. It´s 12 Euro/$. Regarding the release, I`ve heard it said somewhere that the game´s release tomorrow will first take place in USA. After that, it will come to Europe, probably in the afternoon or evening. Haven´t heard anything about steam/gog though.

FrankA

I just checked the Steam store and it said the DLC will be released in approximately 23 hours which would put it somewhere between 12 and 1 pm EDT.

Frank

Mr_Pete

Thanks for the replies. So it will be 12 Euros (that’s about £9.50 so I’m guessing £9.99)although they haven’t officially stated that will be the price, and should be realised at 5pm GMT (UK).

I really hope it will be on GOG as well as Steam so I don’t have to buy it again on Steam.

Can’t wait to slay some slippery Nagas with diminutive firework-and-chicken throwing halflings!

Gloweye

Its online at GOG right now!

EDIT:

dev question. I see no patch in my GOG account. I assume I need to completely reïnstall the game?

Does this mean compatibility with old games is, ehm, “unlikely”?(Not that its that much of a problem, but just for knows..)

Avalon

Could you provide a link? It’s not there for me – as well as the patch xD The downloader says there is one patch, the website says there is none.

Nevermind, already found it. For all with the same eyesight as me: You need to go into the screen of the game itself – there is no new article yet to find with the search function.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.