Re: Golden Realms Released on GOG ?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Re: Golden Realms Released on GOG ?

This topic contains 48 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  marlowe221 8 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Mr_Pete

Question: is Golden Realms going to be released on GOG?

It is listed on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/299230/) as unlocking in about 2 hours (5-6pm GMT) but with no official price yet (several have stated it will be about 12 Euros)

However, is it going to be released on GOG? There is no mention of it at all, not even a place-holder page. My deluxe copy of AoW3 is from GOG…does anyone (e.g. the devs) know if you can add it to your Steam Game Library and THEN purchase the Golden Realms DLC separately – or must you buy the original AoW3 at full price on Steam first?

I understand if there is a delay with Steam/GOG, but it would be good to know about it from Triumph. Ah well, out in the garden eating too many blackberries and luxuriating in the late-summer English sunshine…

Tibbles

[Pre-launch link removed – you’ll soon see why. For your own good, don’t buy it yet… ]

Gloweye

Online at GOG right now.

syntax_vi

Lucky. Steam just went from 2 hours release time back to 3 :S

Jolly Joker

It is, indeed.

Xerberus86

yep, its available on GoG already. finally something positive of being a GoG-customer in terms of AoW3 related stuff.

Lucky. Steam just went from 2 hours release time back to 3 :S

Looks like Lord Gaben has decided on a second lunch. Peasants will have to wait.

marlowe221

I just purchased the expansion at GoG a moment ago.

Question about the patch though:

Do I just download the new installer and run it over the top of my current installation or do I need to uninstall and then re-install the new build?

Or when I run the GR install file does it also include/apply patch 1.4?

esvath

Is it downloadable yet? I hope I could play Nagas tonight!

Xerberus86

Question about the patch though:

Do I just download the new installer and run it over the top of my current installation or do I need to uninstall and then re-install the new build?

Or when I run the GR install file does it also include/apply patch 1.4?

in caseses like these i usually deinstall the whole game and then re-install it whith the new version. this is a much cleaner / safer way in my opinion.

terrahero

Well thats nice, however it wont detect the base game for me (even after reinstalling) so i cant get it to work anyway.

edit:
    My gf has the exact same problem. Neither of us can install the Goldem Realms.

Marcus

Just bought it on GoG.com thanks to @tibbles.

It’s really weird that there is literally no info on Golden Realms, you can’t find it in search, there is no link on AoW3 page, no twitter message or something. Nothing. No link here too (on Triumph website).

I have no idea who neglects what (if there is something in it at all), but it is probably not a good idea for your customers to walk extra mile to buy your product. Just my 2 cents.

Edit: Ok, now I see it.

If the expansion has a separate installer then common sense tells me you just install it over the base game.

Hopefully the patch is in there too but you can easily check. For example if the human halberdier has overwhelm it means you have the 1.4 patch.

Socratatus

And you clever Devs have another buy. Just this minute purchased this excellent game add-on off GOG. Thanks for making this game available this way. I am no fan of forced-Steam or Origin for games that can be played Single Player.

I’ll buy any more that give us this option. Thanks again. 🙂

Ravenholme

Sadly, it looks like the steam release just got pushed back to 6PM GMT :/

Marcus

In order to use new patch (and apparently install Golden Realm) you have to uninstall the game then download it again from GoG.com (it will be patched) then download Golden Realm and install it. *facepalm*

ten9

I have the same problem. I downloaded the DLC from GoG.
    It says ‘base game not detected’…

Do I need to reinstall the base game first?

TurtleNaTree

Thats what I did, I installed the DLC last

Lennart Sas
    Keymaster

Pre-launch link removed – you’ll soon see why. For your own good, don’t buy it yet.

terrahero

We got it to work.

Download the full game from GOG again, the complete installer, and reinstal using that. Trying to add dlc to the patched version seems to run into problems.

marlowe221

If the expansion has a separate installer then common sense tells me you just install it over the base game.

Hopefully the patch is in there too but you can easily check. For example if the human halberdier has overwhelm it means you have the 1.4 patch.

Yes, that’s true. However, GOG has released TWO new installers – One for the base game and one for the expansion.

My question was geared more toward the proper procedure for applying the new patch than the DLC itself (which might include the patch I suppose).

Ravenholme

Pre-launch link removed – you’ll soon see why. For your own good, don’t buy it yet.

Ominous. I suspect this explains the sudden addition of an hour to Steam’s release timer.

Mr_Pete

Thanks for the replies, I just purchased it on Good Old Games. Really strange though that it is impossible to find at the moment through the GOG main page or search function, maybe they are updating it now.

Good price at £8.99 (11.50 Euros) but with £1.50 store-credit from GOG for any future purchases. So effectively £7.50 (9.50 Euros)

Just about to launch…thx Triumph & GOG! 🙂

marlowe221

We got it to work.

Download the full game from GOG again, the complete installer, and reinstal using that. Trying to add dlc to the patched version seems to run into problems.

Good to know.

I will remove my current installation and re-install the new version of the base game, then apply the DLC.

Hopefully when GoG’s optional client Galaxy launches it will handle some of these issues behind the scenes for us.

I am at work at the moment but I am excited to play around with the patch changes and the new content.

terrahero

what if we already did?

Thariorn

I’d guess Lennart removed the pre-buy link as the technical issue with reinstalling the abse game first shouldn’t be apparent, so…….

Epaminondas

Thanks for the replies, I just purchased it on Good Old Games. Really strange though that it is impossible to find at the moment through the GOG main page or search function, maybe they are updating it now.

Good price at £8.99 (11.50 Euros) but with £1.50 store-credit from GOG for any future purchases. So effectively £7.50 (9.50 Euros)

Just about to launch…thx Triumph & GOG! :)

So GoG gets it earlier than Steam?

terrahero

I’d guess Lennart removed the pre-buy link as the technical issue with reinstalling the abse game first shouldn’t be apparent, so…….

Well im also getting a serious stability problem, the game crashes a lot. Almost everytime i End Turn its a 50/50 chance if it actually turns over, or crashes to desktop.

ten9

Ah, fixed!

You have to download both the (new) base game and the DLC.

– uninstall the old base game
    – reinstall new base game (1.4)
    – install the golden realms dlc.

Then it works.

Gyg

Weird. I found a patch on GOG, downloaded it. Then I bought the Golden Realms DLC. Already a number of turns into a brand new random map game. No problems whatsoever.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.