Re: Golden Realms Released on GOG ?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Re: Golden Realms Released on GOG ?

This topic contains 48 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  marlowe221 8 years ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author

@ Gyg, so you have the full working expansion?

Woot for you lol!

GoG supremacists lording it over the rest of us…

marlowe221

@ Gyg, so you have the full working expansion?

Woot for you lol!

GoG supremacists lording it over the rest of us…

Hehe, usually we GoG-ers get things significantly later than on Steam. It’s nice to be ahead of the curve every now and again.

Of course, I purchase things on Steam too – but this game was a GoG purchase for me.

esvath

GOG releases Golden Realm with a 20% discount!!! Wheeee….

Ravenholme

GOG releases Golden Realm with a 20% discount!!! Wheeee….

Ah, was that why Lennart was telling people to hold off on buying it for their own sake?

Pendragon

Yep, I guess so. I paid €11,99 🙁

Xerberus86

Yep, I guess so. I paid €11,99 :-(

dang it, i also bought it earlier but thankfully i paid 12 USD (not EUR), so i more or less already got the discount.

marlowe221

Whoops! Yeah, I purchased before the sale was posted as well.

Oh well, no biggie.

Enjoy the extra $2 Triumph! Don’t spend it all in one place!

Morty

When is the patch going to be available for download for those who can’t buy Golden Realms yet?

Mr_Pete

Yes it is out at Good Old Games, see:

http://www.gog.com/game/age_of_wonders_3_golden_realms

And they are selling it at a 20% discount so £7.19 instead of £8.99 (with c. £1.50 bonus store credit).

I paid for the full price an hour or so ago, but hey, that’s my ‘tip’ to Triumph, and isn’t even a half-pint of good English ale 🙂

Installed and ready to play. Going to be an all-nighter methinks!

Xerberus86

When is the patch going to be available for download for those who can’t buy Golden Realms yet?

on gog it is already out for several hours, on steam i think it will be out at the same time the dlc will be released.

Ravenholme

Out on steam!

terrahero

Looks like i missed out on 3,40euro!

Thats going to be a restless night for me.

Varwulf

For some reason the GOG installer for Golden Realms is telling me the “base game is not installed”. Is it because I installed the Deluxe Edition? Or…?

terrahero

For some reason the GOG installer for Golden Realms is telling me the “base game is not installed”. Is it because I installed the Deluxe Edition? Or…?

The patcher has a problem recognizing the old game launcher, the one you downloaded and patched later.

The solution is fortunatly fairly simple. Redownload the game installer, which should by default already be upto date as far as patches go, and reinstall with that new game installer.
    Downside, if you’re on slow internet, this means another several Gb download. On the plus side, it seems to have a 100% succes rate so far.

Morty

on gog it is already out for several hours, on steam i think it will be out at the same time the dlc will be released.

Does it mean I need to download the new installer and re-install the game?

Varwulf

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Varwulf wrote:</div>

The patcher has a problem recognizing the old game launcher, the one you downloaded and patched later.

The solution is fortunatly fairly simple. Redownload the game installer, which should by default already be upto date as far as patches go, and reinstall with that new game installer.<br>
    Downside, if you’re on slow internet, this means another several Gb download. On the plus side, it seems to have a 100% succes rate so far.

Yeah, I figured that out after a little bit of exploring. Seems to be the case for the Elven Resurgence and Dragon Throne DLCs too. Seems strange you have to reinstall the game and all of the DLC to install a new DLC, but whatever, and least it’s a one time thing–until the next DLC 😛

Mr_Pete

Yes. The solution is to:

1. Uninstall AoW3 (I copied all my saves in my Profile folder at Documents/My Games/AoW3 first)

2. Download AoW3 installer from GoG (about 1.6GBs) & do fresh install.

3. Download Golden Realms installer (and any additional content e.g. bonus from Deluxe edition) and install.

4. Play until dawn! 🙂

Socratatus

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pendragon wrote:</div>

Whoops! Yeah, I purchased before the sale was posted as well.

Oh well, no biggie.

Enjoy the extra $2 Triumph! Don’t spend it all in one place!

I purchase early too. Oh well, I don’t mind if it’s GOG, I’m willing to pay the extra to have the freedom to play my games whenever and wherever.

marlowe221

I was home for lunch (I live close to work) and can confirm that the GoG version works just fine as long as you uninstall the base game and then reinstall the new build with patch 1.4 built into it.

Then reinstall your DLCs, including Golden Realms, which will be very fast, and off you go.

The next few hours are going to really draaaaaagggg by…

Viewing 19 posts - 31 through 49 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.