Repair Machine, Healing, and Mend magic being

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Balance Repair Machine, Healing, and Mend magic being

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Gyor 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Outis

Repair Machine has no cooldown and can be cast every turn in combat.

Healing has a 2 turn cooldown.

Mend Magical Being can only be cast once per battle.

Why the disparity between the healing abilities, especially with repair machine. Shouldn’t repair machine have at least a cooldown period??

terrahero

That is a far to simplistic comparison. You even left out that these skills don’t heal for equal amounts.

-Heal is the strongest skill, healing for 20. Mend and Repair heal for 15.

-Heal applies to the majority of units, and can even be cast on your self. Mend and Repair only apply to a very limit selection of units.
    A skill that heals more unit types, with the same cooldown as a heal that heals a very small number of units, would be much better.

-Availability is very different. Healing is relatively common. Mend, for those who need it, is very easy to acquire. Baseline skill for Apprentices.
    Repair Machine is fairly rare. Elite Engineers, Dreadnought Heroes, very rare Hero item and a fully upgraded Builder.

-Oppertunity cost. To bring Repair and use Repair you’d have to bring hard to acquire units such as Elite Engineers, who are also very squishy and have a respective combat performance ranging from low to non-existant.
    Whereas a unit like Apprentice is quite powerful in battle, even without his Mend.
    Dreadnought Heroes can also be powerful combat units, you are spending a turn on a Hero to not do anything else just restore 15hp to a Machine.

-Unlike Machines, Magical Beings can be healed by normal healing skills as well. Machine’s only have Repair Machine as a combat heal. Mend is weaker, but Magical Beings have a far larger selection of potential health recovery skills and spells to keep them alive.

And that’s why i believe Repair Machine has no combat cooldown.

n0rf

I also never could understand why repair machine relies on dreadnought heroes so much instead of engineers. Imo it would be much better if repair machine has big cooldown (3 turn or even once per battle), but be available for engineers at start. Afterall I think it is main role of engineer – to support his machines, not to throw flashbangs and stuff on battlefield.

kugi

It’s a good idea to nerf (a bit) the repair machine, and grant it for engineers at start.
    example:
    repair machine retores 5 Hp
    +1Hp/for every two levels of the Hero
    +2Hp/for every experience rank of the unit (engineer/builder)

Akinaba

I also never could understand why repair machine relies on dreadnought heroes so much instead of engineers. Imo it would be much better if repair machine has big cooldown (3 turn or even once per battle), but be available for engineers at start. Afterall I think it is main role of engineer – to support his machines, not to throw flashbangs and stuff on battlefield.

Like the point.

Gyor

I find it funny that Succubi love fighting Apprentices because its the one up side to having Magical Origin, Apprentices can heal Succubi and Shadow Stalkers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.