[Fixed] Reproducible crash on a random map

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support General Tech Issues [Fixed] Reproducible crash on a random map

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Joz 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Managarmr

I have a situation where a stack of 6 independents attack my two stack defended city. They’re hopelessly outclassed and will die no matter if I play manual or automatic combat. However, when the post battle report comes up, the game will always crash.

The only way to avoid it is to attack with my summoned stack and defeat them before their turn.

Managarmr

Apparently the save exceeded upload size.

Here’s a dropbox link.

Managarmr

Further testing shows that the map will crash regardless of that battle. If you circumvent it by defeating the stack before end turn, the game still crashes on the next “Next Turn” press. *sigh*

onidog

I have the same problem during a random map, no matter what i change during the turn, after i click on next turn the game will crash.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Thanks for the report Managarmr, it seems that you just captured a rebelling city and the system doesn’t stop it rebelling properly. We’ll have a fix for the next patch! For now, I’ve repaired your save game so you can continue playing:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/irapx4j21b6wkag/Necromancer_crash_fix.ASG?dl=0

Tombles
    Keymaster

I have the same problem during a random map, no matter what i change during the turn, after i click on next turn the game will crash.

Could you email me the save game so I can take a look at it?

savegames@triumphstudios.com

onidog

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>onidog wrote:</div>

Could you email me the save game so I can take a look at it?

savegames@triumphstudios.com

Is exactly as you were saying to Managarmr, i had a city that was about to rebel while playing with necromancer: once i discovered that i just razed the city before it could trigger the event, this was my fix 😛
    thanks for the help tho 🙂

Tombles
    Keymaster

You’re welcome!

Managarmr

Thanks for the report Managarmr, it seems that you just captured a rebelling city and the system doesn’t stop it rebelling properly. We’ll have a fix for the next patch!

Thank you!

I was actually wondering about that rebelling message, since the city was undead under my command, thus not subject to morale modifiers. I figured it would just go away instead of actually rebel. Didn’t think it would cause a crash though ^^ Glad to help!

Joz

Not entirely sure if it’s the same problem.
    Turn itself ends ok, but then the game crashes. Maybe AI player causing it. Here is the link for savegame.
    dropbox-link

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.