Request – Let all closeable dialogs be closed with "ESC"

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Request – Let all closeable dialogs be closed with "ESC"

This topic contains 14 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Decker87 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Decker87

I play single player and find myself reloading often. By mid-game there are often 5-10 dialogs from won battles and other events that pop-up every time I load a saved game. Some of them close with “ESC”, and some don’t. So, I have to go hunting for the close button just to get them off my screen quickly.

Would it be possible to make them all closeable with ESC?

Fenraellis

Perhaps I’m mistaken in what I’m thinking of, but can’t you just right click on the news item to delete it without opening it? You can do this with most of the little news items that show up(including the ones at the start of the game).

Thariorn

Perhaps I’m mistaken in what I’m thinking of, but can’t you just right click on the news item to delete it without opening it? You can do this with most of the little news items that show up(including the ones at the start of the game).

Yeah, you can just right-click the events in the history on the right hand of the screen
    (Which also closes most dialoques which pop-up by themselve)

Windscion

You cannot do this with the annoying-as-smeg popups when you load a saved game. You oughter be able ter.

Gloweye

You cannot do it with combat-related items, like battle reports. I must admit its annoying when you have like 20 battles a turn.

jakjak

Yes please I kept meaning to post on this but always forget probably because I play mostly multiplayer but still super annoying

Triscopic

+1
    As a SP only player, this is so annoying when I reload!

Low_K

+1

Kind regards,

Low

esvath

+1 on this!

Leon Feargus

this bugs me too

+1

Decker87

+1

I have mild carpal tunnel syndrome, and I have to move quite slowly with my ergonomic mouse. This is why I play TBS to begin with. Every time I reload a game, it takes me a long time to close all the post-battle dialogs.

Dontar

-1 , this is not a issue for me.

tuster

+1

vaportrails

I noticed this after the last patch was released, but not before. Perhaps there was a change?

Either enable us to use spacebar or esc to cycle through these, because it really can take a considerable amount of time and annoyance to cycle through what is sometimes 20 notifications every single time you re-load your game. It feels almost like a punishment for those that re-load their games often.

Decker87

Yup, it is really annoying and frankly, I consider it a design flaw. It’s just basic UI usage in any program to keep the inputs consistent. Having some close with ESC and some not, is very inconsistent.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.