Review Frostlings

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Review Frostlings

Tagged: 

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Gyor

Okay here is my review on Frostlings. Awesome.

Best units Frostling Succubi, White Witches, Frostling Monster Hunters, Frostling Shamans, Frostling Exalted, Frostling Assassins, Royal Guards, Frostling Apprentices, Frostling Manticore Rider.

Unless your a Sorceror your not going to want spam Ice Queens, good at debuffing, or altering climate, but not major damage dealers.

If your a Frostling Warlord your going to want the Racial Goverance T4 Military that grants Frostbite to Frost Weapon users, Sorcerors and maybe theocracts and archdruids will want the economic Frost Castle instead.

Frostlings are really cool, but they’re class racial units can be summed up by saying Frost Magic. Seriously they all seem to get Frost Magic either directly, via frost damage and inflict chilling, or even more commonly Frost Weapons, weapons made of an cold enchanted metal.

Frostling Monster Hunter breaks the mold by getting Harpoon which immobilzes, although again they deal frost damage.

Frostling Assassins get both Frost Weapons and Artic Concealment, which means you can have units that are a mix of Royal Guards, Frostling Assassins, and Raiders defending your Artic Turf, completely undetected.

The most powerful Frostling Units are Frostling Succubi and Frostling Manticore Rider, no surprise.

Because Frostlings start in Artic Terrian, I’ve noticed a fair amount of Halls of the Forefathers, so if this hold true as a general rules Yetis should be a common element in Frostling armies, which is awesome for Frostlings, path of frost at Gold, a Gold Medal Yetis in service to Frostlings and you don’t know how many troops are there, because Frostling have units with Frost Concealment.

Shadow Stalkers really benifit from inflict chilling, a mixed army of Shadow Stalkers and White Witches would work really well.

Gyor

At first I thought that evangelists were weak compared to other T3 Frostling support units, no inflict chilling, or cold damage or anything, then I realized that the Evangelist is one of the only Frostling units not dependant on Frost Damage, like other Evangelists he deal physical and spirit damage, making him one of the best Frostling Units for fighting Necromancers, Spirit Damage, plus high Frost Resistance, and no Frost Damage until Deity RG. The only other Frostling Support Unit without inherant Frost Damage is the Frostling Bard (coolist looking Bard IMO), btw noticed that the Frostling Bard uses her Harp as a bow, anyone else notice this? Its not like she pulls out a seperate weapon.

Gloweye

Yeah, I must say I like the frostlings to, much moreso than I do Tigrans. Royal Guards, Witches and Queens are just awesome, while the Mammoths are good, but generally heal to slow to be really good at clearing. Still, great in sieges to open up some walls. You shouls try Necro or Theocrat – it allows you to build stacks of equal numbers witches/guards, which can both buff each other, after which they enter combat, with the Witches healing the Guards while the Guards abuse your T2 Military governance to get some health back on their own. Becomes really strong with a couple of ranks, since Witches get 3 inflicts.

terrahero

I’ve found the Frostlings very fun to play so far. Every unit they have is good and the whole race has been designed with a clear idea in mind, where units combo and synergize very well and control is prominent.

As a general rule of thumb, the Fire weakness is a significant drawback as it’s quite a commonly used element. The Frost weapons are a significant advantage as Frost resistance is not very common, altough it suffers against Necromancers and Rogue’s. But the debuffs that increase Frost weakness synergize very well.
    You’re initial mobility will be very high as you are bound to start in an Arctic climate and Frostlings have Arctic Walking.

-Ice Scapers are very strong. A 2turn Freeze is a game changer, it can turn a losing battle right around. I’ve yet to fight a battle with one of these, that went longer than 2 turns, where they didn’t proc atleast once. My gf said they are her MVPs as they keep winning battles for her. Last night she went 7 for 7 on Freeze before the first failure, against a t3.

-The Raiders are a solid t1 melee unit, i’ve had great succes keeping them alive and they deal good damage thanks to stacking Chilled from other units. They are very useful in quick sieges and can destroy structures and machine’s very efficiently.

-Harpoon Throwers i havent used much yet. The Immobilize is very powerful, in return they don’t do stellar damage. But a proc from one of these can, just like the Ice Scapers, turn a battle around.

-White Witch’s are simply a great unit. They don’t have a heal but instead they have a strong buff. Adding +2fire/+2 Frost to a unit as well as a ton of Fire protection. This unit is amazing because it turns the numbers around. A units weakness suddenly becomes his strength.
    The frost/fire damage on Castigate is not the greater, but it is very reliable. Rarely, if ever, has a unit protection against both frost and fire. Usually protection against one, but weakness to the other.
    The Chilled procs, along with Scorched and Freezing un rank up’s makes her a terrifying debuffer that syngergizes amazingly well with the Frost damage of her kind.

-Royal Guard to me are a solid unit. Altough it is clear the gimmicks really come at a cost, as bare stats on it are not amazing for a t2. It needs to combo with units that it can Guard, if just to pump up his own stats somewhat. The utility is very good however, a solid health battery for a Frost Queen or a Witch.
    If it cannot use his unique mechanic i would not recommend it to much, don’t bother taking it in stacks with no Frostlings/Frostling females. You will likely get as much use out of a t1 Pikeman.

-Mammoth’s are absolute beasts. People say their drawback is slow recovery on the worldmap, i say, who cares? These monsters win you fights. They deal devastating damage and are tough as nails to take down. They can even break through city walls.
    Put them in a stack where there is a healer and they are back on their feet in no time.

-Frost Queens. If you are expected a t3 version of the Frost Witch (or any other typical racial t2 support) you’re going to be disapointed. She has no real ranged attacks and in order for her to be usefull she really has to get in the thick of the battle. While her damage is not exactly good either, 6physical/6frost.
    The strength is in her ability to weaken the enemy, do an aoe guard break that also does a bit of Frost damage, and generally just tip the stats in favor for her allies.
    Would recommend taking Royal Guards to soak of damage for her, because she is absolutely not a designated melee brawler but that is where she will be most of the time.

TL;DR

Frostlings have solid weaknesses and strengths. They perform at their best when synergizing with their sisters and brothers, and they are quite powerful when they do. But as a result they are not the most mixed army friendly as they lose a lot of what makes them powerful when they don’t have the synergies.
    Have a strong melee presence and control, but are not great ranged damage dealers.

Sugar Rush

That was a nice write up terrahero.

Do you have any thoughts on which class works well with the frostlings and/or which class/race is a hard match up for them (other than frostling necro!)? I would guess Sorcerer and Theocrat are decent classes, given their focus on support units. But I’ve yet to play as them so have no deep insight.

Gyor

I say Dwarves in Meteorite Armour, 40% Frost and Fire protection make White Witches cry.

I noticed an unexpected combo, Ice Queen and Frostling Succubi. Ice Queens Dome of Frost causes exposer drops resistance by -1, which makes cursing and Seducing easier to achive for Succubi, expose also cause 40% unresistable Frost Weakness in none Frostling none Frost Immune troops, which make her really good against none Frostling Undead. The Succubus in turn further lowers resistance, morale, and defence with curse and then Seduces an enemy. The lower resistance and Frost Weakness also makes inflict chilling and Inflict Freezing more likely to Proc.

The Succubus is also good protection against other Frostling Units which are a weakness for the Ice Queens.

I also noticed that Shadow Form can help in some situations when you go more mono unit.

Like a Royal Guard with Shadow Form cast on him, RGM2, and Gold Medal is badass, he has tireless from Gold medal and life stealing and +1 defence from RGM2 and 60% physical protection from Shadow Form.

Gyor

Dome of Frost is the Ice Queen’s key ability, which ironically makes her really weak against other Frostlings, because she relies on it to buff her damage frostlings are immune.

Epaminondas

Fired up a quick game of Frostling Sorcerers to test yesterday as well. Overall, I am amazed at how strong they are at creeping, even when they don’t have a “point-and-click” juggernaut T3 like the Human Knight or the Dwarf Firstborn. I haven’t come close to losing a unit on the hardest independent monster setting; and the overall racial synergy, combined with the synergy with the Sorcerer, is almost too good to be true. I might run into trouble against someone who counters me heavily with fire stuff, but I don’t expect the AI to do that.

Klydon

Just limited messing around with them. They feel very powerful in most cases and the White Witch unit is disgusting around a range DPS hero like a Sorc or a Theo. (3 channel range damage so early is nasty).

The one thing they are not is fast. 5 mover cav is a disadvantage for sure. It is a hard hitter, but I was never a fan of slow cav like that (Dwarf rider has the same issue).

Some of the more brutal combos have been laid out above and I can see rogues having a lot of fun with this race with how it would work with the stalkers.

As brutal as a lot of things are, this race is going to be like the Dracs in that there are always going to be things that can hurt them bad or they want to see no part of.

Gloweye

Some of the more brutal combos have been laid out above and I can see rogues having a lot of fun with this race with how it would work with the stalkers.

Maybe, but you will be putting all your eggs in the frost basket. Should you meet another Rogue or Frostling(Necromancer), you will suffer.

Gyor

That’s what Peacekeeper Mastery is for, especially shield of light. Not only does it give units a nice way of dealing spirit damage, but the spirit weakness makes units more vulnerible to the charm of my bards, and the seduction of my Mermaids and Succubi, it goes well with mediate and Keepers Creed.

I had a battle between a mermaid and an enemy Necromancer Hero, cast Shield of Light in deseperation thinking dang, I’m going to lose my Reef Dwelling, but nope I send the mermaid to seduce the hero, and her odds of success were over 70%! So she seduced the enemy and saved the city and netted me a necromancer hero who had killed my crows earilier (gaining a level in the process which I now see as an investment).

Frost Aura and Shield of Light should be an interesting combo.

And Keepers Creed + Spiritual Flames should be really cool combo.

Gyor

Here is how I see the heirarcy of the Frostlings power and status.

Frostling Leaders, these are basically God like beings, which is why Gender matters less in terms of status, after all whose going to say to a being that can cast global spells that they’re just a male? Hence why Arvik is the boss, raw power trumphs Gender. The High Queen is likely a leader herself and if so out ranks other leaders, I don’t know (is there a High Queen Leader that you can select to play2?).

Next is Heroes, same as leaders, but without the Global reach, but still powerful enough that Royal Guards can bend the rules do pledge of Protection with them.

Next up Ice Queens, as far as I can tell they rule the Frostling Clans. They concider Royal Guards sons and White Witches Daughters.

Next up are White Witches, they command respect from both the strength of they’re Frost Witch blood and thier dangerous mastery of fire as well as Ice.

Royal Guards are freaking awesome, the most magically gifted of all racial pikemen. They protect the Frostling Females and other VIPs (heroes/leaders). They have status over almost all other males.

Mammoth Riders, anyone who rides those big beasts commands respect.

The rest of the Pure Racial units have they uses and professions, so are roughly equal.

Now Racial Class units are probably somewhat outside the usual hierocracy.

Frostling Rogues:

Succubi are likely the main rivals of Ice Queens, in fact Ice Queens would likely fear them, but I don’t think they’d command clans directly, but serve as the right hand women to the Rogue Leader. Were Ice Queens lead by Regal Dominance, Succubi rule by Seduction, Ice Queens demand respect, Succubi give pleasure in exchange for service. Also a Succubus’ ability to change genders subverts the Matchairy. Equal in Status to a Ice Queen, politically powerful even without ruling clans on raw magic alone.

Bards while possibly be threating, I seem them as entertainers to the Ice Queens court, and charm is less powerful then seduce, so they’re likely more popular with the Queens. Equal in status to a White Witch, but more loved then feared.

Assassins, direct servants of the Rogue, most Frostlings are unlikely to see much of them, still they’d be loyal to they’re clans and Ice Queens, or Succubi leaders if they’re clanless.

Scoundrels: Low ranks males.

Epaminondas

That’s what Peacekeeper Mastery is for, especially shield of light. Not only does it give units a nice way of dealing spirit damage, but the spirit weakness makes units more vulnerible to the charm of my bards, and the seduction of my Mermaids and Succubi, it goes well with mediate and Keepers Creed.

Hmmm, wouldn’t the Shadowborn path be better for melee-oriented classes like Warlord and Rogue to get some lifesteal?

Gyor

Theocracts: All Frostling Theocracts units serve they’re Gods/Faith above all else. Having said that most likely respect the chain of command. They’re power comes from powerful faith, not Frost White Blood, so none are likely to be high in status, although being able come back from the dead like Exalted is likely to earn respect. Devout Ice Queens like see Frostling Evangelists as wise spiritual advisors and teachers and seek they’re councel often, but none Devout Ice Queens would see those as rivals and a male threat to they’re power.

Warlord, most units would be seen as just normal if skilled males. Frostling Scouts are at the bottom tier military and amoung females, but Royal Guards can still protect them, so they have that weird advantage over scouts of other races.

Manticore Riders have to pull major respect, they’ve mastered a beast powerful enough to make the unit Tier 4, but that doesn’t mean they have alot of political power, equal or greater then Royal Guards, but no direct political power off the battle field, still they’re combat ability means even Ice Queens command them respectfully.

Druids, Male Units, Hunters are autonomous most of the time, but defer to Ice Queens. Shamans are likely seem used as Advisers to Ice Queens, not seen as as Threatening magically as Evangelists. Horn Gods aren’t Frostlings, but would treated with reverence and worship by Frost Queens.

Sorceror: Apprentices would be respected for they’re magic, equal to Royal Guards.

Dreadnaught: Musketeers and Enigeers likely seen as normal soldiers. Society males more likely to question female domainance.

Necromancers: Ghouls likely don’t care and living Frostling just find them creepy.

Yeti: Yetis are Frostlings, but are related, likely highly respected and could join Frostling clans.

Shadow Stalkers: I have a feeling that Succubi and Stalkers come largely from society outcasts hungry for power and immortality and as such Stalkers likely only listen to the Rogues themselves or sometimes Frostling Succubi, epecially because they’re not even Frostlings anymore.

Gyor

Frostling Succubi get Life Stealing at Gold and Royal Guards get it with RGM2. The benifit of Peacekeeper with Frostlings, especially Rogues is it gives them access to spirit damage which can help save them when up against other Rogues, Necromancers especially.

If you have a Shadow Stalker with mediate giving him +2 Spirit Damage, Keeper’s Creed giving him +2 Spirit and +2 Defence, Aura of Inspiration another +3 Physical and +2 Spirit damage and a morale bonus for nearby units, and Shield of Light, the Stalkers. The Stalker gets by Gold Medal 14 physical, 17 Frost, 6 spirit damage per melee attack, plus 5 spirit and 5 Frost when enemies with Daze and Freeze when hit, and has 12 resistance, 15 Defence. Really good for killing undead. Steal Life doesn’t work on the undead, machines, and Elementals.

Fenraellis

I had a battle between a mermaid and an enemy Necromancer Hero, cast Shield of Light in deseperation thinking dang, I’m going to lose my Reef Dwelling, but nope I send the mermaid to seduce the hero, and her odds of success were over 70%! So she seduced the enemy and saved the city and netted me a necromancer hero who had killed my crows earilier (gaining a level in the process which I now see as an investment).

For what it’s worth, Necromancer heroes are not Undead without the Harbingers of Death class upgrade. So unless it was owned by a Necromancer with that upgrade, Seduce is just Seduce, Necromancer hero or not. They have bonus HP, not Resistance(Like Archdruid or Theocrat heroe do, even without class abilities).

If it was Undead, then Seduce wouldn’t have worked regardless of Shield of Light(although Shield of Light would have been handy for Spirit damage, certainly).

terrahero

That was a nice write up terrahero.

Do you have any thoughts on which class works well with the frostlings and/or which class/race is a hard match up for them (other than frostling necro!)? I would guess Sorcerer and Theocrat are decent classes, given their focus on support units. But I’ve yet to play as them so have no deep insight.

Dwarves should be a strong matchup. They apply some fire and exploit the Frostling weakness while they arent weak to Frost. The racial giving an extra +1res makes them hardier to the elemental-heavy damage and debuffs. Meteorite Armor is just icing on the cake as these level of RG are really late game.

HE will also be a good match. +1res, same as the Dwarves. And with Frostlings not being amazing strong ranged damage and relying on pinning their enemies down the HE superior ranged damage and high mobility (phasing unicorns, flying gryphons) can be a challenge.

Classes besides Necromancer that should do well against Frostlings. Well the Dreadnought has a fair bit of Fire damage, but no Frost weaknes and superior ranged firepower. So they should be able to burn through Frostlings fairly well.

Besides that i’d actually think Rogue. (Lesser) Shadowstalker are beastly with Frost immunity and high Physical protection. Their own damage suffers a bit against the Frost protected Frostlings. And they have pretty mobile units. A well placed Seduce or a Charm is already powerful, but with the Frostlings you can break the cohesion of their synergy.

I dont think Theocrat is a particularly powerful matchup against Frostlings in general. Theocrat doesn’t exploit Frostling weakness (fire on T4), and Theocrat class units are light on ranged power. Relying more on getting into melee with Support from their backline. Theocrat support brings heals, while Frostling support brings debuffs and control.
    It’s not a hopeless matchup, not by a long shot, but it’s not an ideal opponent for a Theocrat and you might really want to incorporate some good racial units.

Classes that work well i don’t have a lot of experience with. I’ve only played Necromancer so far and found it to be quite a good match.
    Necromancer’s rely on their Support units to Heal their undead, and Frostlings have good supports units and a tier3 support unit.
    Frostling Deathbringer has Frost weapons, so they have a triple damage channel (physical/frost/blight). And the Frostling Reanimator has Inflict Chilling, which is a good debuff that stacks and makes the target vulnerable to Frost damage and lowers their Defense. Frost still has relatively little counters.

Of course you are doubling up on your Fire weakness. But with an Embalmers Guild iirc the Ghouled Frostling units are less vulnerable to fire than non-Ghouled Frostling units. But i think most races will do pretty well with Necromancer, only the Tigran don’t get a special something for the Reanimator.

Besides Necromancer, maybe Dreadnought, i might try that next since i havent played Dreadnought for so long. That fire damage on the Flametank is easily countered as Fire protection is fairly common. Instead spraying around Frost can be a nasty surprise. Not a lot resists Frost well, besides other Frostlings. And even less is outright immune to it.
    Spreading out your options is something i always like. You cannot double down on a strength and without risk of getting exploited, and you need to keep your options open to counter what your opponents might do. By the time Frosttanks are relevant and available you are bound to have other races within your control to also make Flametanks an option.

The thing with high elves is that they do better with frozenflame offensively than anyone else because of longbow. Once they get a few white witches, they can really wreck things.

Also why a frostlings AD does well with their personal longbow for early clearing.

Sugar Rush

Forstling Dreadnaught could be fun. Would the pistol sidearm apply to the forst queen? The supress nature ability would be really handy given frostlings bad terrain match up. Sadly, they lack class units to take a advantage of the efficiency abilities that come with the class (def, cost redux etc.), although you could run an interesting set up of harpooners and musketeers (both archers, so benefiting from that) and run a freeze and spank tactic (freeze while reloading).

I think I will give this a go later today in fact. I would think the grey guard mastery would work well, giving cardinal culling and a T4 summon for the late game. Shame that the dreadnaught doesn’t have a class ability to give “repair machine” to support units. Now THAT would really open the class up.

Anyway, thanks for your thoughts terrahero, it’s given me some of my own.

Gloweye

Would the pistol sidearm apply to the forst queen?

Nope, it won’t. Frostling Dread doesn’t sound to good to me personally, maybe partly due to not having any racial Armored units. However, the Frost Tank is unique and synchronizes nice with the AoE frost weakness from the Ice Queen.

Gyor

Does Frozen Flame work on Machines, because if it does you could cast it a Juggernut or Cannon, or Golem.

Of a side note Ice Nova works with hearts of… I got a Heart of the Blight and Frost Queens built there could inflict severly poisoned with Ice Nova and the -1 to resistance from Dome of Frost means its more likely to proc.

Sugar Rush

Does Frozen Flame work on Machines, because if it does you could cast it a Juggernut or Cannon, or Golem.

Of a side note Ice Nova works with hearts of… I got a Heart of the Blight and Frost Queens built there could inflict severly poisoned with Ice Nova and the -1 to resistance from Dome of Frost means its more likely to proc.

Yup, and this works with the Sorcerers stun on support units as well, for an AoE stun!

Sad to hear about no pistols on the Queens. That would have been fun. My interest has waned a little. When I get a chance, I think I will stick to one of my previous ideas.

Gyor

Shanga the Witch is a Frostling Rogue hero!

Her special talent is inflict Chilling. Shanga is especially important because in Age of Wonders Shadow Magic Shanga was half Frostling and half Frost Witch, which is where I first got the idea that Frostlings and Frost Witches could interbreed.

I then pushed for the idea of mixing the two races in Age of Wonders 3 during the earily days after release, so we wouldn’t get a second set of Goblin Looking Succubi (plus Frost Witches were my favorate part of that race in previous editions).

So Shanga is officially my favourate frostling hero and I just got her.

Side not I also had a Frostling Warlord the Fast who had sprint.

ninninnin

frostlings are overrated, but i like them for their focus on support units and amplifying damage. what i dont like is that they feel like a gamblers race to me, more so than halflings. sometimes i wonder why i dont just play goblins. its the theme really, i like ice more than i like smelly things and sickness.
    its funny how similar they are to goblins. they are both very gimmicky. powerful life stealing pikeman and a reliance on support units to do the damage type they have mixed into nearly every unit. dreadnoughts and necromancers are bad news to both races. what frostlings dont have is a “rot” equivalent and their blight doctor is split between 2 units.

from the moment the map gets generated you might have a difficult or smooth game depending on what sites start nearby, what climate you start in, what climates are around your starting area and your starting units. its not uncommon to be surrounded by volcanic and tropical while starting in a tiny arctic zone. your starting units can also have a larger impact than most races, if you dont start with a white witch or ice queen you might have a pretty rough time.

every unit except raiders have an on hit proc and they can still get one with the frostbite governance. queens and mammoths get theirs at veteran.
    most of the procs are pretty low chance, probably a good thing in the case of immobilize and freeze. they are ridiculous and can completely change a fight when they land. the procs are reliant on being able to land chilling, even chill itself needs chilling for a half decent chance at landing, which sucks for something that needs to stack to be effective.
    white witches cant be relied on to reduce defenses unless an ice queen is also there. i dont like how reliant white witches are on ice queens, i wish they had a better chance at chilling. thats my biggest problem with the race actually, chilling having a low proc chance but needing to stack. it really bugs the hell out of me.

royal guards are an awesome unit, im not too fond of their exploding to be honest, it makes frostling necromancer a less attractive option to me. the necro heros are essential though for how dark gift and throw curse helps land chilling

i dont think frostlings are exceptional warlords. i saw someone say the one thing holding them back is their over reliance on physical damage so frostlings are fantastic at it, but when is this really a problem? shadow stalkers are completely immune to frost. dreadnought units are going to be spitting fire everywhere and chilling doesnt work on machines, but dome of frost does. your phalanxes cant pledge of protection either.

i do like frostling theocrat. theres nothing flashy about them, but nothing goes to waste and it makes up for a lot of their weaknesses. youre reliant on supports anyways, well now theyre even more useful with heals that the race doesnt have of any sort and devout mechanics. youre now on an about even playing field with necromancers now who normally shove frostlings around. you can attempt to mitigate your fire weakness with res buffs. mark of the heretic can help deal with high defense which is normally a problem for frostlings due to their mixed damage. you also get a flyer.

archdruid is also a decent class for them. you have a 3 shot ranged physical unit, which is ideal for frozen flames, white witches can swim and for the most part keep up with mobile druid parties, and your shamans do pure frost damage, something that actually makes full use of chilling, only frost tanks also make full use of this.
    one with the elements is a relief, since most of the map will be things frostlings hate (on default settings)
    with rust strike and hardy sometimes not particularly combustible summons you might not melt upon contact with a dreadnought either.

necromancer frostling is good. you wont be “throwing away” healing since you dont have any. witches get to flip the fire weakness on non ghouls and enbalmers guild helps you get ahead somewhat on your fire weakness as frostlings. dark gift is crazy for frostlings, really anybody who does multiple damage types benefits immensely from curse, but with your gratuitous procs it helps even more.

i wanna mention dreadnought too. it would really suit them, noxious fumes lowering resistance and defense works in favor of dual damage types/procs much like curse. suppress nature is awesome for the same reason the druid thing is and machines dont melt to other dreadnoughts. force field can protect units from scary fire.
    there are too many downsides though. you cant use frozen flames on machines, nobody can buff machines except dreadnoughts but a large part of why frostlings are good is because of that buff. a complete lack of racial armored units ignores 2 essential empire upgrades.
    youre betting everything on the frost tank, mammoths and queens need not worry about friendly fire while the latter will make the tank do glorious amounts of damage. but the frost tank also flips the tables on some matchups, you arent the bane of undead and shadow stalkers with this dreadnought.
    definitely keep another race around for flame tank production.
    goblins dont have racial armored units either, but their cheaper units and lower upkeep lets them field as many musketeers as they feel like. goblins just have a strong economy in general and can keep up with dreadnought production.

this is what i learned playing mostly frostlings vs a team of 2 emperors on otherwise default settings.

NathanDrake

Хау люди! Недавно купил PS4 Немного офанарел от цены на игры по 4000 тыщи но нашел ссылку на магазин с дешевыми аккаунтами PSN стоит купить здесь аккаунты ps4 ???

http://Psn-Market.com/ – Дешевые аккаунты PS4

its funny how similar they are to goblins. they are both very gimmicky.

I’m glad you mention this. In the lore, frostlings are essentially a stray group of Goblins that found themselves in the north (loong ago obviously) and learned to live there, and then (more recently, as in in time for aow3) merged with the various spirits that live in the north (fey of the north) which is why they are quite magical, yet have low armour etc.

also, the white walkers from GoT are an obvious influence :).

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.