Search players for online tournament (not pbem)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Search players for online tournament (not pbem)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 226 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  bf_markymark 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 227 total)
  • Author

fakir_Faler

Which Players from tournament were the best in last one?

1. Hexagon/Azzazir
    2. AbednegoJC
    3. Techno
    4. kemmjensen
    5-6. Gabriel Benichou
    5-6. Griffith
    7-8. Ayenara
    7-8. cbower
    9th place tie:
    Mental/DreadReapr
    Dagoth-Ur
    SanTil
    norf

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  fakir_Faler.

bf_markymark

okay, cbower played too live-multiplayer? Maybe we shall ask him too.
    What is the Name of Hexagon in bf?

Hiliadan

Azazir

so i will announce the tree on friday

I’d say announce it earlier so people see who their first matches will be and we can get a bit more anticipation/hype going.

Hiliadan

BBB, you’ve got a private message on the BF. 😛

bf_markymark

fakir_Faler

there are still no imperial quests in rules
    I of principle ask to bring them in the column of rules, with a mark “are switched off”.
    on number of heroes it isn’t clear too – have it seems agreed with 3 – in rules 5 again.
    I don’t want to arrange disput, just specify how many they will be actually.

quote: “Force high speed tactical combat-doesn’t matter”
    in my opinion, just has. About classical turns said much that long to play with them.
    From my point of view – without fast animation of fights long to play it.

bf_markymark

Copy from BBB, will Change it on page.
    -imperial quests on
    – 3hereos.
    But maybe he had a reason not to Change it.

Techno

Cmone, guys! Give us a tourney tree!

bf_markymark

Okay Techno, i use the random Generator.
    Tournament is started!

1. Please check roster and find your game.
    -> http://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=tourneyroster&tourneyid=3
    Alternative you will finding your game under top menu->
    My AOW3 Games->Open Games->Round [y]: Tournament Game#[xx]

2. Check if you are hosting or not
    (First name in tree or first name in game)

3. Update your times and write messages to your opponents
    Use Comment tool or share your availability

3a. Exchange Steam-Names. Contact him directly

4. When you not can a week, please contact the admins about

Remark: When you have no opponent (wildcard in tree), you are in next round.

Thank you!

fakir_Faler

Azazir and SanTil – the two most powerful players MP – did not give wildcard 🙂
    But recently was asked about the fact who is the strongest in online matches.

That’s me to the fact that the PBEM-players for MP-players are not an authority.
    Therefore, it is not clear why the rating of the PBEM in the use of MP.

Another interesting point … Before the tournament, I was training with Jean de Metz 🙂
    I lost to him with a bang.
    Now I am very sad that I will meet with him so quickly – in round 1 🙂

fakir_Faler

the top half of the grid looks much stronger than the bottom of the grid.
    You can make losers out of the top of the grid, met with the losers at the bottom of the grid, but not with each other?

fakir_Faler

Oh, and it happens in the second round …
    Then hang up, the offer is canceled 🙂

Copy from BBB, will Change it on page.
    -imperial quests on
    – 3hereos.
    But maybe he had a reason not to Change it.

Changed.

@BBB are you in or not?

No. ONLY if a player is needed in a space.

Griffith

imperial quests on

Who wanted empire quests on? I’m confident that’s not a good idea, they snowball too much. We never use them on live games anyway.

bf_markymark

Hero5 and Quests off: We can Change it to next round. See no Problem.

@Fakir Azazir and SanTil – the two most powerful players MP – did not give Wildcard
    Decided with random. But maybe will be an improvement in script, use Wildcards on setted Players first. But Santil was not setted too. Only 4 Players (2 from last tournament and 2 from ranking). Think is fair.

Guys who have played their matches already, don’t forget to inform a Judge of your race/class choices before your next match.

If we catch you playing the same race/class sequentially…well, you’ve been warned.

Lastly, of the 20+ players, only about 5 or 6 have said they want Zaskow’s mod, the rest have said nothing at all, and no-one has said no.

Time to vote:

Shall we use Zaskow’s mod?

Just type yes or no, then we’ll go from there.

The reason for this question is that at least one match has been played using the mod, and at least one hasn’t, and clearly this is an unsustainable situation.

So far, this has been very much a player led tournament, with input and decisions coming from you guys, but here there is not yet a consensus, when one is needed.

You could argue that rule 11 (players can choose whatever settings) could apply to choosing whatever mods, but we can’t have the situation where, for example in the finals, one player has gotten there using the mod and the other hasn’t.

So, rather than wait for that, you guys have until tonight (2359 gmt) to choose, but if there is little/no response, then us Judges will choose.

fakir_Faler

in that saves, which Griffith posted.
    I was there one thing not understood – at Griffith secret forces have not been studied – and labratory / Observatory already give additional five study – and status – with magical buildings that is not possible in principle.
    Maybe this game because of the clumsy transition to the classic turns? and maybe a bug mod?

@ Fakir, I really don’t get what you are asking…

Griffith

Griffith secret forces have not been studied – and labratory / Observatory already give additional five study

Yes the magical structures have been bugged for a while now. It gives the research bonus also, if researched before arcane study. Should be fixed probably, but it’s only 80rp research, and to my advantage usually, so I’ve been lazy to make much noise about it. 🙂

Speaking of bugs, the UG start bug is much more annoying. And relevant to the tournament also. It’s a gamble to pick ug combo / specs, when its 50/50 chance you actually get UG start when you select it.

I’m bit on the fence on this. Most of the changes look good, but few changes makes me worried. Like the beast horde boost seems quite wacky. Maybe it was underpowered before, but boosting it ten times over is too much. Not only does it summon twice the number of units, but also twice better units. Tournament is not the right place to test these ideas.

Also not sure about this necro economy boost anymore. Haven’t played much necro myself, but I’m starting to see the devs gave necro a bad economy for a reason. They have some of the best units in the game, and means to make more on the run. Also whispers of the fallen allows them to tech faster than most other classes regardless. So probably they don’t really need as much economy as some other classes.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  Griffith.

Zaskow

and maybe a bug mod?

I need a save.

fakir_Faler

Please change the grid tournament.
    It is not fair in many ways.
    All worthwhile players on high half of the grid.
    Let pairs round 1 will remain the same, but in the 2nd round should be a different distribution.
    This tournament is 3 – it’s time to distribute the players according to their rank.

It is necessary to match words with deeds.
    First he was asked about the best players of the last tournament, and then distributed them at random.
    Show respect, spread them evenly on the grid.
    If the players in the mail are also strong as and in online games, you do not need to put them in reservation bottom half of the grid.

If there is a claim, then it should be stated, truly? No offense.
    Just let us do everything as it should.
    Without you, the tournament would not have taken place. We appreciate it.
    bf_markymark responsible for grid. But the online championship he organizes for the first time.
    You just have to be consistent.
    To correct everything not late.
    Azazir, Techno, SanTil and Abednego – it is necessary to allocate 1, 8, 9 and 16 games.
    In 4, 5, 12 and 13 games could be distributed Masterboja, Griffith, DreadReapr and plus someone.
    with Masterboja is not obtained. Others have already okay.

If you look, you can reposition SanTil on 8 game, and Techno on 9 game.
    Or just SanTil on 9 game. and all on it.

gabthegab

1. Hexagon/Azzazir
    2. AbednegoJC
    3. Techno
    4. kemmjensen
    5-6. Gabriel Benichou
    5-6. Griffith
    7-8. Ayenara
    7-8. cbower
    9th place tie:
    Mental/DreadReapr
    Dagoth-Ur
    SanTil
    norf

1. Hexagon/Azzazir
    2. AbednegoJC
    3. Techno
    4. kemmjensen
    5-6. Gabriel Benichou
    5-6. Griffith
    7-8. Ayenara
    7-8. cbower
    9th place tie:
    Mental/DreadReapr
    Dagoth-Ur
    SanTil
    norf

Just for information i am not 5 or 6 in this tournament, i was in final before be dispel of the tournament. So i am 1 or 2, or i am not in the ranking… I wish you many fun 🙂 in this new tournament.

@ Fakir, I’ll pass your concerns onto Markymark.

Lightform

I vote yes to Zaskows mod.

Which is totally random because I’ve never played it and have no idea what to expect… but I know it will be at least better than being beaten by the major exploits that are available in default AOW.

Not to mention that I don’t know how non steam users can ever use mods ?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by  Lightform.

Zaskow

Not to mention that I don’t know how non steam users can ever use mods ?

Yes, they can. It’s very easy to make non-steam version of mod. Just ask.

So that’s one vote for yes, one is undecided…

Guys?

Zaskow

Yes the magical structures have been bugged for a while now. It gives the research bonus also, if researched before arcane study. Should be fixed probably, but it’s only 80rp research, and to my advantage usually, so I’ve been lazy to make much noise about it. 🙂

Is it bug of vanilla game or my mod?

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 227 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.