Selecting the gender for your Class units

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Selecting the gender for your Class units

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Knight9910 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I was thinking about the dev journal a while back explaining how class units used the assets of the desired unit and pasted them over the racial model. How about an option during unit training where you can select the gender for, say, a Musketeer or a Cavalry Archer? This would add a lot of flavor to the player’s armies. If the option is not available due to gender-specific clothing, you can grey it out.

This might even be possible for racial units (Griffon Riders for instance), again barring the option for gender-specific units. Personally, gender-specific clothing doesn’t bother me much (if you want an male orc in a dress, why not?) but I can imagine the American rating boards going apeshit if you have the option of making a female Berserker.

jimmy

Sounds like you could take that in interesting directions, but there’s probably other features that are the same effort for implementing and would have more impact.

C’mon, at least give us a female landship.

M
    S
    C
    Would-Have functionality then? 🙂

I’ll just paint said Landships pink for now…

Knight9910

But all the Landships are already female, just like all ships…

Then I’ll attach a large wooden fallus to it for gender equality.

You’re thinking of a battering ram. 😉 I think those are “in” too if you know what I mean.

Lol! Touché. That would be an awesome insult, having your city gates bashed in by a giant wooden penis. With reinforced steel tip.

Nerdfish

LOL. I need to change the gender for my cannons and flame tanks as well 😀

Knight9910

To be serious for a moment, though, this would be cool but it’s never going to happen I don’t think. It would add a lot of customizability, though. I’d like to be able to make a side of “amazons” where all the warriors are women, for example.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.