Shadow Realm – alpha tests

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Shadow Realm – alpha tests

This topic contains 229 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Bob5 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 230 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

I open this to report bugs, balance issues, etc. during the alpha test phase. I’ll try to edit the top post to list all the know issues.

So let’s start with bugs/issues:
    – Shadow Elves do not start on the Shadow layer
    – searching the Tome of Wonders crashes the game (try “shadow “)
    See log, it looks like it comes from the invalid icons for the Shadow Demons:
    [23:58:14]The ID of this entry is “00000159000002A8”
    [23:58:14]The name of this entry is “Welcome”
    [23:58:14]Hyperlink tag: [hyperlink,Tip-00000159000002A8]
    [23:58:14][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unknown iggy command: OPENSTEAMKEYBOARDEIC (window:HUD_TomeOfWonders)
    [23:58:16][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Shadow Demon Lord invalid! No Icon!
    [23:58:19][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Shadow Demon Harvester invalid! No Icon!
    [23:58:19][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Shadow Demon Bombard invalid! No Icon!
    [23:58:19][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Shadow Demon Larva invalid! No Icon!
    [23:58:19][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Property Shadow Demon Group invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:58:19][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Property Bombard Ability invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:58:19][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Property Spawn Larva Ability invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:58:19][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unit Property Tame Shadow Demon Ability invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:58:19]
    – some errors in the log during map generation:
    1/
    [23:53:42][ERROR]Minimum value must be less or equal to the maximum value.
    [23:53:42][ERROR]The growth power/cost must be valid.
    [23:53:42][ERROR]RMG Generation Pass is invalid: SR – Continent – Player (Land).
    [23:53:42][ERROR]RMG Settings Generation Pass List is invalid: SR – Continent – Player (Settings).
    [23:53:42]RMG Zone Settings: Continent (Zones)
    [23:53:42]RMG Terrain Settings: Continent (Terrain)
    [23:53:42]RMG Structure Settings: Continent (Structure)
    – isn’t Shadow Shift supposed to last until the end of the round? So you still have it when the enemy attacks you. Otherwise, it’s pretty limited, as you can use it only in attack.
    – Shadow Elves have Animal Slayer instead of Shadow Demon Slayer

I have more stuff popping in the log but nothing serious.

Gloweye

In general, I’d like to suggest that everyone implementing anything in the mod ensures that that bit works. As in, it wont crash the game.

– Shadow Elves do not start on the Shadow layer

Not an issue. So far there’s no dependency of the RMG on the Shadow Realm main mod, so we can’t add this yet. And before I make that, I want to have the RMG working as it should without all the extra’s.

– searching the Tome of Wonders crashes the game (try “shadow “)

Missing Icons crash the game. Missing text only shows ugly strings. I always use the Melee Strike Icon as placeholder, but people can use whatever you feel like. Melee Strike is just the top option everywhere.

As mentioned, should be gone with the next version.

marcuspers1

I have 1 PBEM game with this alpha test, and I did start in the shadow layer.

At the same time I launched a RMG and I didnt have the option to start in the shadow layer, not sure it’s a bug.

I met a Shadow Elf city, they offered peace, and after 4-5 turns they offered a quest, but the reward was a high elf unit which seems like a bug.

Wicked Flame of Ghrauth could have a better description, its not clear what the reward is by looking at the shrines description.

Other thoughts is that the Shadow Elfs are very melee strong, they lack range damage, but playing Necro so that’s OK.

The shadow shift combined with sprint give the desired results, so even if you are not getting the shadow form at the opponents turn, I would still say it works very well.

Shadow Elf Reanimator have some serious range attack, I would tone that down a bit, also the racial “longbow man” have over the top ranged damage, and get +1phy,+1 shock at veteran, +2phy at silver and +1phy,+1 shock at elite, grand total of +4phy,+2 shock ranged bonus at elite.

If Shadow Elf Hunters and Shadow Elf Mounted Archers have the same kind of bonus it would be insane!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  marcuspers1.

Hiliadan

At the same time I launched a RMG and I didnt have the option to start in the shadow layer, not sure it’s a bug.

Not a bug, we can’t change the user interface (UI). You need to reset the settings in the 1st screen when you set up your game.

also the racial “longbow man” have over the top ranged damage, and get +1phy,+1 shock at veteran, +2phy at silver and +1phy,+1 shock at elite, grand total of +4phy,+2 shock ranged bonus at elite.

That’s not normal. Here is what they should get: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Arcane_Archer i.e. +2/+ in total, as other Archers. I note that as something to correct, thanks for reporting!
    Please always compare what you see in game to what is written here: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion If there is any discrepancy, we need to check it. 🙂

As usual, I cannot edit the 1st post of the discussion, so I’m going to update the list in a post below this one.

Hiliadan

List updated on 11 June 2018:

Bugs and major things to correct
    DEVS – if you created a custom Shadow Elf hero with the mods activated and you try to go to the “Custom” tab during Leader selection without the mods activated, it crashes AoW3 (was tested for a live MP game but I guess that applies to any game)
    DEVS – Switching the RMG mod ON or OFF consistently crash the game whenever you try to generate new random maps. See http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/crash-when-generating-a-map-after-deactivating-a-mod-adding-a-new-layer/
    – the Harvester needs to be re-rigged in the .clb or re-weight-painted in Maya
    RMG – Rare crash upon generation
    RMG – The Archons spawning on the SR layer are only Undead instead of living Archons (+ Undead Archons)

Intermediate issues
    – the T3 building unlocks both, should unlock only the Chariot one
    – the chariot Umbral Weaver has 2 figures on the tactical map, instead of 1
    – Spawn Larva acts as Greater Reanimate Undead (brings back the dead unit) instead of acting as Raise Corpse but with Larva instead of Cadaver
    – Static Discharge seems to be considered a melee attack, should be Touch/ranged (to avoid getting Panicked due to a Fearsome Shadow Demon Lord for instance!! 😀 or if possible the first effect should be Touch – so can get Panicked – but the jump should be ranged and not possible to get Panicked)
    – the Bombard ability directly gives “Infected” to the unit on the central hex instead of triggering “Inflict Infected” with a blight check
    – Celestrial Tower (MCU) lacks the damage description (” … deals 20 to a single enemy unit“)
    – the (SR) Ancient Ruins does not display the MCU in its description. They aren’t displayed because the Shadow Realm versions of these structures don’t unlock the MCUs right now, a MCU can only be linked to one structure and they’re already linked to the regular versions of these structures. So a solution needs to be found.

Minor issues
    – (living) Archon Dwellings do not have their minor race name displayed, e.g. in the diplomacy screen, it’s displayed “(null) (Neutral)” instead of “Archon (Neutral)”
    RMG – the Shadow Realm is between the UG and Surface when you click on the arrows on the mini map to switch between layers. That would seem more logical for it to be above Surface
    – Shadow Artifact gives Shadow Sickness to Undeads (“Shadow Sickness” appears in their unit panel) even if in the end, they do not get affected by its effect (no -1/-1/-1)
    – when generating map, there is sometimes a “cannot randomize alignment” issue, as below:
    [23:56:03]RMG Structure Settings: Shadow Realm (Structure)
    [23:56:03]RMG Zone Settings: Underground (Zones)
    [23:56:03]RMG Terrain Settings: Underground (Terrain)
    [23:56:03]RMG Structure Settings: Underground (Structure)
    [23:56:03]Heap: RMG Heap – Leaking memory! (Allocations left: 491)
    [23:57:03]Report for heap RMG Heap:
    [23:57:03]max system bytes = 4128768
    [23:57:03]system bytes = 4128768
    [23:57:03]in use bytes = 2883816
    [23:57:03][STATE -] SYSTEM: GAME_LOBBY
    [23:57:04][STATE +] SYSTEM: GAME_OPEN
    [23:57:04]Opening Game Session
    [23:57:04]Game Session – Setup
    [23:57:05]Game Session – Load
    [23:57:05]Game Session – Open
    [23:57:05]===============================================================
    [23:57:05]Setting random seed 0x03be49d3
    [23:57:05]===============================================================
    [23:57:05][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot randomize alignment for independent city
    [23:57:05][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot randomize alignment for independent city
    [23:57:05][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Assertion failed: “false”

[23:57:06]Message: [WORLD_ACTIVATE]Meandor’s nam
    – the effect of the Shadow Weed is displayed as “Shadow Weed Decoction” in blue. The visit site can only give a “property”, not a “requisite” so it cannot be “Shadow Walker” and it can’t make units immune to Shadow Artifact (outside the SR layer). “Shadow Weed Decoction” is already the name of a spell, so we need to find another name.
    – there are two Mithril Mines in the Map Editor: shouldn’t we have only 1? 1 is from Decodence so is the other one a duplicate for the SR Expansion?
    – the icon of the Gemstone Mine, Mithril Mine Flame of Gauth, Sword of the Ashen Rose have not an appropriate alpha layer so a black square surrounds it
    – Gemstone Mines http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Gemstone_Mine are not properly described, they appear as Gold Mine, with a Gold Mine description
    – Summon Lightning Sprite does not show blue hexes for valid targets (all adjacent hexes). A possible solution would be to make it move and use, similar to other touch-range abilities where the unit automatically moves to get in range of the ability
    – Infused and Night Guard: we’ve got an issue with their model, it has an armor but the unit doesn’t have Armored. Not sure what we should do. Easiest would be to remove the armor maybe? Depending on how the model is done, should be do-able in the mod tool?
    – the 2 Umbral Weavers have the same name in game, while waiting for a new name (“Foot Umbral Weaver”??… :D), I suggest to rename the old one “Old Umbral Weaver” as a temporary name.
    – the Shadow Demon Larva has no entry on the ToW (I guess I missed where it was set so didn’t reproduce it)
    – Lightning Sprites “Static Discharge“ is by default in “attack mode” and cannot be used as “move and attack“
    – Archon units lack their description: https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Living_Archon#Units
    – Archon Dwelling’s buildings do not have their right name: https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Living_Archon#Buildings
    – the ToW entry for the Archon Dwelling is called “Dwelling: Necropolis […]” and should be renamed. It is empty below: “Can Produce the following units”, it should list the (living) Archon units

Other “to do”
    – Add a description for the entry of Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness listed as an Avatar Empire Upgrade in the ToW: this is what gives everyone (except Shadow Walkers) Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness), Shadow Sickness work.
    – test Disrupt Magical Form and Call Forth Darkness
    – Divine Vengeance renamed Dark Vengeance, for or against? I don’t think it’s necessary.
    – See what we do with bridge tactical maps on Tundra which are lacking their bridges
    – decide whether Shadow Demons should be valid targets for Convert, Charm, Seduce
    – work on the “to do” for the Archons: https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Living_Archon#Additional_ideas and how to get Shadow Demons under control, see https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion#Shadow_Demons
    – add the changes to the Archons in the changes to the base game: rename the Archon Titan, update the ToW entry of Archons

Recent fixes (available on the 11 June update), need to be checked
    – Shadow Elf cities give High Elves instead of Shadow Elves as rewards
    – When a game is loaded, all the Shadow Elf leaders are displayed in the log through this error:
    [11:34:24][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot find Hero Figure Media Dictionary found for: Mount: MOUNT_WYVERN, Race: Shadow Elf, Class: Necromancer, Gender: 2
    [11:34:24][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Cannot find Hero Figure Media Dictionary found for: Mount: MOUNT_WYVERN, Race: Shadow Elf, Class: Sorcerer, Gender: 1
    – when a tactical map is loaded with a SE hero, the following error is displayed (if it’s a Theocrat):
    [11:37:04][ERROR]Cannot find Hero Figure Media Dictionary found for: Mount: MOUNT_WYVERN, Race: Shadow Elf, Class: Theocrat, Gender: 1
    RMG – at map generation, the following error are displayed:
    [00:02:59]Setting up Host
    [00:02:59]Generating new GameID
    [00:02:59]KeepAlive sent..
    [00:02:59]Generating random level with seed: 2608824013.
    [00:03:00]RMG Zone Settings: Land (Zones)
    [00:03:00]RMG Terrain Settings: Land (Terrain)
    [00:03:00]RMG Structure Settings: Land (Structure)
    [00:03:00]RMG Zone Settings: Shadow Realm (Zones)
    [00:03:00]RMG Terrain Settings: Shadow Realm (Terrain)
    [00:03:00]RMG Structure Settings: Shadow Realm (Structure)
    [00:03:00][ERROR]Assertion failed: “pType!=NULL”
    [00:03:35]Message: Can’t assign a NULL type!
    [00:03:35]d:\source.aow.gog\creator\gc\source\hexworld\materialworld\GCMaterialHexCellData.cpp(155): (click to open)

[00:03:35]
    [00:03:35][ERROR]Assertion failed: “false”
    [00:04:29]Message: Meandor’s n
    – Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness displayed for Undeads (Reanimators, Lost Souls) whereas it shouldn’t. They should have Shadow Walker.
    – Gemstone Mine: incorrect defender set (Undead Archon instead of http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Gemstone_Mine)
    – Larva Pool: the Excess use mod is apparently set on gold instead of mana http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Larva_Pool
    – the description and name of the Lightning Prayer Bolts of the Shrine of Storms are swapped
    – Shadow Weed is still called Haste Berries with the description of the Haste Berries? I see many patches of it on the SR and they don’t regen MP but instead give Shadow Weed Decoction.
    – the Lightning Sprite’s medal bonus do not match the Wikia: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite A property showing the number of turns it has left before dying should be displayed
    – Lacking this part of the description of Glass Furnace:
    Fully restores the Health Text of visiting Machine Machine.
    * Replenishes in 4 Turns
    Unlocks: Glass Armory.
    – SE Succubi should have 10 physical, 3 shock melee damage. They have Invoke Darkness instead of Call Forth Darkness. The difference is that Call Forth Darkness also gives -100 happiness and is cooldown 2 instead of cooldown 1. Also Dark Pact gives them Shadow Fire instead of Fairy Fire (Shadow Fire was mentioned only once by Dr_K on p.19 of the Shadow Realm topic http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-brainstorm/page/19/#post-250658 but it was not really agreed on) [Dark Pact remains to be checked]
    – SE Apprentice: a bit like Succubi, the Wiki says Fairy Fire, not Shadow Fire, so should be switched back to Fairy Fire. Medals need to be reverted to Fairy Fire ones too.
    – Shadow Artifact does not cause -1/-1/-1 to non-Shadow Walkers OUTSIDE the Shadow Realm (it should give them -1/-1/-1 but NOT on the Shadow Realm as it does not stack with Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness, and it should affect only non-Shadow Walkers)
    – SE Bards lack Shadow Walker Aura: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Bard And Inflict Shadow Sickness should be removed from them.
    – Strong Will Slayer’s description does not mention the additional damage: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Strong_Will_Slayer
    – Inflict Break Body and Soul’s description does not say that Broken does not affect Machines and Undeads: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Broken
    – the description of Chaos should be clarified to make it clear Taunted is 100% success, maybe as in the Wikia: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Chaos
    – Fire Lightning Bolt cannot be used on enemy unit directly, you have to shoot a hex infront of them to attack them.
    – Call Forth Darkness lacks a proper information on the strength of the check on Blind http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Call_Forth_Darkness
    RMG – there is a zoom issue in the SR. The zoom is weird by default but if you zoom in, it goes below the floor of the map, see screenshot: https://www.my-league.com/games/273/downloads/screens/47398/273/151578090720180113_zoom-bug-on-SR.jpg When not playing in debug mode, this zoom bug in the Shadow Realm layer causes a crash to the game. Especially in a high graphics setting.
    It also crashes in debug mode, and throws the following error a huge number (x200) of times: [00:09:45][ERROR]AllocateShader failed[ERROR]AllocateShader failed[ERROR]AllocateShader failed[ERROR]AllocateShader failed[ERROR]AllocateShader failed[ERROR]AllocateShader failed[ERROR]Assertion failed: “false”
    RMG – Archon (living) Dwellings do not spawn on the SR, others Dwellings also do not spawn (0 on a Medium Land map)
    RMG – Cristal Mines from Decodence have been added to the SR layer instead of Gemstone Mines

RMG – RMG generates too many Forbidden Sanctums on the Shadow layer, see screenshot
    RMG – Merfolk Dwelling can spawn on land on the Shadow Realm layer (should spawn on water with enough water area around it). It can then be guarded by landlocked units.
    RMG – Shadow Elves do not by default start on the Shadow layer
    RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn just next to starting city (I got one 2 hexes away from my Throne), that’s too close, it should be as far as Cave Entrances in the official version
    RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn on water (water hex and surrounded by water hexes; they should spawn like normal Cave Entrance on land)
    RMG – Beacon of Light, Heart of Shadows Warband Campfire are not on RMG maps
    – Shadow Demon Larva can’t be used in game due to lack of iconRMG – (living) Archon Dwellings spawn outside the Shadow Realm (surface, UG)
    RMG – maybe a side-effect of Decodence RMG Integration but it’s now possible to get 2 Magma Forge in a 5 hexes radius of your Throne (surface start). It never happens in normal games.
    RMG – the Larva Pool does not spawn in the RMG
    RMG – isolated road triangles and other shapes (including isolated hexes) are generated in the Shadow Realm, cf. screenshot: https://www.my-league.com/games/273/downloads/screens/47398/273/152041668120180307_2nd-alpha-test_turn4_Shadow-Realm-void.jpg
    – in the .rpk where the icons of SE are defined, the following things need to be renamed: the Storm Priest’s icon needs to be removed (it uses one of the 2 Archer icons); the Weaver’s icon needs to be renamed Storm Priest’s icon; the Exterminator’s icon needs to be renamed Weaver’s icon (we don’t have an icon for Exterminators yet)

To design
    – Wicked Flame of Ghrauth could have a better description, it’s not clear what the reward is by looking at the description.
    – update the description of Shadow Shift in the Wikia: it doesn’t last until end of round but only for the turn of the unit (so available in attack but not defense)
    – Sword of the Ashen Rose to add in the Wikia
    – A description of the Shadow Elf race (in the style “they are violent and multiply very quickly” etc. like for other races) to add to the Wikia and their ToW entry. + Shrine of Storms and Lightning Cannon
    – new defender sets need to be designed for Mana Nodes, Crystal Tree, Flowrock Quarry, Forbidden Sanctum, Tomb, Vault of Knowledge, Wizard Tower Ruins

Balance discussion
    – Should SE Martyrs cost +5 Mana and/or have 11 shock ranged damage, as Human Martyrs are at 11 spirit ranged damage and cost +5 Mana?

Fixed and checked
    – Military RG5 added
    – Shadow Elf Touched is displayed as evolving 100% into Umbral Weaver (http://aow.triumph.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/shadow-elf-evolve-300×168.png) whereas it should be the same figures as for Hatchling evolving into other Draconians
    – SE Scoundrels: displayed “Cave Concealment” instead of “SR Concealment”. And missing the Inflict Marked by Shadows at Veteran.
    – SE Military RG4 to update, cf. Wiki
    – Dragons do not have Shadow Walking/Walker
    – The malus {shadowsicknessPenalty} is not displayed in Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness
    – Draconians have Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness, they should not (they’re immune)
    – Shadow Demon Slayer is displayed as “Animal Slayer” for Shadow Elf units
    – the Wiki needs to be updated to state how the Touched evolve into other units
    – the Wiki needs to be updated to say Shadow Artifact does not affect allied units
    – Shadow Realm RMG.acp is needed to launch a map with the SR. We need to remove this mod as we should use Decodence RMG – Shadow Realm.acp for the SR layer and directly Shadow Realm.acp for the SR
    [23:53:42][ERROR]Minimum value must be less or equal to the maximum value.
    [23:53:42][ERROR]The growth power/cost must be valid.
    [23:53:42][ERROR]RMG Generation Pass is invalid: SR – Continent – Player (Land).
    [23:53:42][ERROR]RMG Settings Generation Pass List is invalid: SR – Continent – Player (Settings).
    [23:53:42]RMG Zone Settings: Continent (Zones)
    [23:53:42]RMG Terrain Settings: Continent (Terrain)
    [23:53:42]RMG Structure Settings: Continent (Structure)
    – crash with Draconians on the Shadow Realm layer on the SR on scenario map #1 of the campaign (to clarify)
    – Shadow Elves have 2 hex vision range on the Shadow Realm (should be 3)
    – Projectile Resistance from Wrapped in Shadows is displayed in red instead of blue; it affects enemy units (should only affect friendly units)
    – SE Economy RG2: all “YOUR” SE hero, to precise in the .xml
    – chosing the Economic RG1 for SE (no longer Dislike UG or Artic) triggers some errors:
    [22:32:07][ERROR]Assertion failed: “pLink->Get()”
    [22:32:31]Message: Link is empty!
    [22:32:31]d:\source.aow.gog\aow\aowc\source\ageofwonders\strategicmap\turnmanager\playersupport\playerpropertymanager\StrategicPlayerPropertyManager.cpp(241): (click to open)
    – missing the defensive building of the SE (can’t be built)
    – Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness from Shadow Artifact bugged: directly gives -1/-1/-1 instead of giving it only on the SR layer [this was actually not a bug, to reverse]
    – Lightning Cannon needs to replace Cannon, cf. stats on the Wiki
    – when a game is loaded (even AFTER is has being generated, so on normal loads even on turn 2), the following errors are displayed:
    [11:34:24][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 3. Message was:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] [string “”]:3: attempt to index field ‘STRUCT_GLOW’ (a nil value)
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] Callstack:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] – NATIVE EventCall “OnVisitStateChanged” in [((null))]
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE][SCRIPTING ERROR] Error in line number 3. Message was:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] [string “”]:3: attempt to index field ‘STRUCT_GLOW’ (a nil value)
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] Callstack:
    [11:34:25][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE] – NATIVE EventCall “OnVisitStateChanged” in [((null))]
    – Forgotten Thrones are called “Forgotten Wizard Throne”, should be just called “Forgotten Throne”
    – SE’s cities do not have the “Like Dense Vegetation”
    – the range of the Summon Lightning Sprite should be one hex
    – the Lightning Sprite lacks most of its abilities: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite like Die after 3 turns, Haste, Static Discharge, 6 shock melee damage, Forestry, 100% Shock protection, 40% Blight weakness, Inflict Shocking, Fey, Wetland Walking, HP, def, res are also incorrect
    – Holow Grove’s reward is not implemented: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Hollow_Grove
    – Summon Lightning Sprite is Once per Battle instead of being Cooldown 1 http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Storm_Priest
    – Archon Paladin (Cavalry) has a threatened area of 5 hexes instead of his 3 front hexes. He can perform Attacks of opportunity to every hex except behind him.
    – Arcane Archers’ medals are not correct, they give +2 ranged damage at each level, need to correct according to the Wikia
    – the Will Breaker lacks: Chaos, Inflict Break Body and Soul, Strong Will Slayer and does not lose HP each combat turn.
    – the description of the builder hall says it will create a high-elf setller/builder
    – war hall says it will allow Gryphon Spire
    – Hollow Grove’s Ritual Circle does not display the bonus given to units properly (cf. https://imgur.com/a/XLDN0) and maybe the MCU actually gives no bonus
    – Crador Ulora Leader starts with abilities: Emergency Repair, Tunneling, Vision Range UPgrade. I’m concerned this is true for all custom Shadow Elf leaders. I’m not sure where this come from. I assume it’s because the abilities have been added to their Leader version instead of adding them to their hero version.
    – Crador Ulora does 7 physical, 3 shock melee damage instead of full physical
    – Kundra Martical does 12/1/2/1/1/1 physical, blight, frost, fire, spirit, shock, has Break Control, Blood Honor and Blight Protection 20%
    – If you just hover over Support units in the city´s Production for a city with Hollow Grove, there is only written “Shadow Step“ as new ability and not Shadow Step and Entangling Strike. [This is just how the game does things. The mouse-over preview only shows active abilities to prevent cluttering the UI, not passive abilities like Entangling Strike. It isn’t about what abilities are new or not.]
    – Syron Tombs should be receive the defender sets, etc. of regular Tombs. Also they should be displayed as “Tombs”, not “Syron Tombs”, it’s just their visuals which are different.
    – incorrect defender set for Glass Furnace: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Glass_Furnace
    – Glass Furnace: missing its MCU
    – Archon Fort: MCU not showing up in city build tree http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Archon_Fort
    – Beacon of Light: missing its reward and MCU not showing up in city build tree http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Beacon_of_Light
    – Heart of Shadows had no defender set
    – Warband Campfire is missing its reward http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Warband_Campfire
    – the Gemstone Mine is named “Crystal Mine” in Decodence, it should be named Gemstone Mine as in the Wikia
    – the Umbral Weaver’s model needs to be updated to the one with a Chariot contained in Shadow Elven Units.clb
    – searching the ToW crashes due to a missing description for Tame Shadow Demon Ability
    – Ground Magic does not work as intended: it can be used on a unit without ANY buff/debuff (it should not) and it causes 1-2 shock damage to its user (it should give it damage bonus)
    – The medal bonuses of Infused are not correct in terms of melee damage, cf. http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Infused Should be +1 damage at each medal, not +2
    – Strong Will Slayer is called Shadow Demon Slayer
    – Inflict Break Body and Soul does not describe “Broken”.
    – the Will Breaker loses 8 HP per round instead of 7 HP
    – Description of the Archon Garrison contains a typing error: It unlocks Archon Footsoldier, not Foorsoldier.
    – Ground Magic doesn´t work on stunned or shocked Units
    – The defence stats of Infused and Exterminator seems to be wrong. The Night Guard´s is 12 (10 in the Wikia) and the Exterminator´s 13 (11 in the Wikia).
    – Exterminators have Armor Piercing (should not)
    – Infused lack Inflict Marked by Shadows http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Infused
    – Night Guards cost 60 gold instead of 50 gold http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard
    – Shadow Priests lack Bestow Static Shield http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Night_Guard
    – Syron Tomb, Syron Ruins with no defender set and no income
    – Chaos: Taunted should be 100% success, only Convert would have a check
    – Monster Hunters lack Shadow Demon Slayer: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion#Units SE Monster Hunter should have 2 copies of it (stacks)
    – Manticore Rider http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Manticore_Rider has Wrapped in Shadows and Inflict Shadow Sickness, should not (was under discussion but in the end we went for Life Steal and Inflict Marked by Shadows, at least for now)
    – The race entry for the Shadow Elves in the ToW is incorrectly named “Shadow Elf”, should be: “Race: Shadow Elf”. It is also empty. The description here: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Shadow_Realm_Community_Expansion#Inherent_traits should be used (Lab cheaper + the content of http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf)
    – The RG entry for the SE in the ToW is incorrectly named “Shadow Elf”, should be: “Race Governance: Shadow Elf”. Also, when clicked on, it triggers an error:
    [21:22:22][HUD_TomeOfWonders]The name of this entry is “Shadow Elf”
    [21:22:22][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Hyperlink tag: [hyperlink,GameConcept-3E363B0E00000001]
    [21:22:22][ERROR][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Assertion failed: “false”
    [21:22:22]Message: [HUD_TomeOfWonders]table ID “RACE_GOVERNANCE_BONUSES” could not be found!
    [21:22:22]d:\source.aow.gog\aow\aowc\source\player\interfacehelpers\TomeOfWondersInterfaceHelper.cpp(741): (click to open)
    [21:22:22]
    – SE Martyrs’ ranged attack should be strength 12 (is 11) http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Martyr. BTW, I add a balance discussion about this because Human Martyrs are at 11 and cost +5 Mana.
    – SE Death Bringer incorrectly has inherent 40% Fire protection, should be removed to land at 60% Fire Weakness. Medals should give +1 phys/shock/phys/shock and no blight bonus.
    – SE Engineers lack Ground Magic. Mana cost should be 15.
    – SE Musketeers gold cost should be 80.
    – Frost Bomb (Engineers) need to be renamed Shadow Bomb.
    – Lightning Cannon: Fire Lightning Shot to be renamed Fire Lightning Bolt
    – the ToW is still crashing (I tried searching “test”):
    [23:16:05]The name of this entry is “Welcome”
    [23:16:05]Hyperlink tag: [hyperlink,Tip-00000159000002A8]
    [23:16:05][HUD_TomeOfWonders]Unknown iggy command: OPENSTEAMKEYBOARDEIC (window:HUD_TomeOfWonders)
    – When clicking on “Unit abilities” in the ToW, it crashes (so the ToW crashes probably comes from here) with no error message
    – the Site “Forgotton Throne” doesn´t have a info about the spell before you enter combat.
    There is only a grey circle instead of Mass Curse etc. I clicked on the Circle and the game crashed
    – Floating units (Spy Drones) do not get +1 vision range on the SR layer

• This reply was modified 5 years, 1 month ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 5 years ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Hiliadan.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  Hiliadan.

marcuspers1

Its absolute madness that a T1 evolves to a T3, please remove that!

Hiliadan

Its absolute madness that a T1 evolves to a T3, please remove that!

Well, it’s already the case with the Draconian Hatchling and in theory, we used the same % for each evolve options.

marcuspers1

The current setting is 100% a t3, not like Hatchling which can evolve to any of 3 t1 units, 2 t2 and 1t3, so 1/6 chance without any additional tweaking.

Hiliadan

Ok then that’s a bug (but might be a display bug, did you try to evolve several of them to see if they really all become Umbrals?), I add it to the list.

Refineus

My team consisting of Arch-Druids is getting butchered by pesky draconians everywhere. But I trying to survive my turns.

Is the Shadow Elf Umbral Weaver not supposed to fly or be mounted? I only have land warriors with this unit.

Hiliadan

Yeah, right, the Umbral Weaver is supposed to be mounted… I’ll need to see with vfxrob if he’s still motivated to do the chariot for it as initially planned, but I’m not so sure. So if he isn’t, we’ll need to change his stats to make it a walking unit.

What do you mean about the Draconians? They’re roaming and attacking you? oO

Refineus

What do you mean about the Draconians? They’re roaming and attacking you? oO

Not really. So far every site around my town has used fire against my forces. Due to shadow elves being weak to fire. Oh well, not a bug really.. just my playstyle.

Hiliadan

Yeah, that’s something we should take into account when designing the defenders for the sites on the Shadow Realm.

Some additional issues spotted this turn:
    – Crows do not have Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness
    – Dragons do not have Shadow Walking/Walker
    – The malus {shadowsicknessPenalty} is not displayed in Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness

Dr_K

Some clarifications/question

– Shadow Elf Touched is displayed as evolving 100% into Umbral Weaver (http://aow.triumph.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/shadow-elf-evolve-300×168.png) whereas it should be the same figures as for Hatchling evolving into other Draconians (+ the Wiki needs to be updated to state the value of these figures)

Confirmed to be 100% T3 in the mod. Probably was just based off of the wiki entry.

– Shadow Elves have Animal Slayer instead of Shadow Demon Slayer

Looks like a display issue only. The ability should function as Shadow Demon Slayer and not Animal Slayer

– Crows do not have Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness

What was the situation that they showed up in? Who owned them? Summoned or not? When loading the mod in SP for me, crows have Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness, at least when summoned for myself.

Hiliadan

Ok forget it for the Crows, it’s there, I was probably sleepy when I saw that. 😛

Some more:
    – SE Military RG2: “they use 5 Movement Points on the tactical combat map on the Shadow Realm” not displayed on the description. Not sure it’s implemented? (could not test)
    – SE Economy RG2: all “YOUR” SE hero, to precise in the .xml
    – SE Military RG4 to update, cf. Wiki
    – SE Scoundrels: displayed “Cave Concealment” instead of “SR Concealment”. And missing the Inflict Marked by Shadows at Veteran.

Adding them to the list and updating the RG5 which has been dealt with.

EDIT: also
    – Shadow Realm RMG.acp is needed to launch a map with the SE. We need to remove this mod as we should use Decodence RMG – Shadow Realm.acp for the SR layer and directly Shadow Realm.acp for the SE
    – Lightning Cannon needs to replace Cannon

marcuspers1

Not sure this is a bug, but when I launched the game without debug mode, I got a crash once the turn was downloaded, but not yet appeared on screen, without any direct reason. Just “AOW3 quit unexpectedly”. In the end I had to clear the save and launch in debug mode, then it worked fine. Not sure its my graphic card that can’t handle the shadow realm, but I also got similar crashes in other games, in debug mode it works well, maybe some features are blocked when using debug?

The speccs are:
    Model: MacBookPro14,1, BootROM MBP141.0167.B00, 2 processors, Intel Core i7, 2,5 GHz, 16 GB, SMC 2.43f6
    Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640, Built-In
    Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C31473332443450472D30393320
    Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 8 GB, LPDDR3, 2133 MHz, 0x802C, 0x4D5435324C31473332443450472D30393320
    AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x170), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.77.37.2.1a3)
    Bluetooth: Version 6.0.0f1, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports
    Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en0
    USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus
    USB Device: USB Optical Mouse
    Thunderbolt Bus: MacBook Pro, Apple Inc., 22.3

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by  marcuspers1.

Gloweye

Nothing is blocked in debug. It might have been a version mismatch, since the match might be made in debug mode ?

marcuspers1

I don’t think so, and even if it was, I think you are allowed to play the turns without debug. Since the game crash before the screen loads of the shadow realm, I’m thinking there was some element there that my computer/graphic card couldn’t handle. The Apple crash report don’t specify what went wrong, just that the game crashed.

Hiliadan

A few new issues spotted this turn:
    – Got some errors when I chose the Economic RG1 for SE (no longer Dislike UG or Artic):
    [22:32:07][ERROR]Assertion failed: “pLink->Get()”
    [22:32:31]Message: Link is empty!
    [22:32:31]d:\source.aow.gog\aow\aowc\source\ageofwonders\strategicmap\turnmanager\playersupport\playerpropertymanager\StrategicPlayerPropertyManager.cpp(241): (click to open)
    – got a crash while entering a Destruction Mana Node fight UG, vs a Troll, a Lesser Blight Elemental, a Skewer and a Marauder. Not clear what’s wrong here:
    [22:35:56]Turnmanager waiting for (request) player: 1
    [22:35:56]Focus lost. Releasing button 255.
    [22:35:56]AI 0 assigned to HUMAN 1.
    [22:35:59]Turnmanager waiting for (request) player: 1
    [22:35:59][STATE -] SYSTEM: GAME_PLAY
    [22:35:59][STATE +] SYSTEM: COMBAT_OPEN
    [22:35:59][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_03 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [22:36:03][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_02 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [22:36:03][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_01 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [22:36:03][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: GC_Slab_Prop_00 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [22:36:03][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: Rock_Small_01 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [22:36:03][ERROR]Ignoring tactical appearance entity record Appearance: Rock_Small_00 – Subterranean – Theme! Resource is invalid!
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Inner North East = Fertile Plains
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Inner South West = Fertile Plains
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Outer North = Cavern Walls
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]BACKGROUND SLOT: Outer South = Fertile Plains
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Searching for an environment record! Material: ‘Fertile Plains’ Layer: ‘Underground Layer’ Theme: ‘Subterranean – Theme’ Race: ‘None’
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Using environment record: Sub_Destruct_Node
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE][TC-Map Appearance] Reverb settings: Underground_Generic
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]ENVIRONMENT: Using environment set AOW_TC_SUBTERRANEAN_VOLCANIC
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]ENVIRONMENT: Using sky dome Sub_Skydome
    [22:36:03][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Setting up tactical world with seed: 0x099E0DAE
    [22:36:03][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Assertion failed: “false”
    [22:36:10]Message: [WORLD_ACTIVATE]Meandor’s name be praised! The game just crashed. A mini dump file was created at C:\Users\yuhui\Documents\My Games\AoW3\Logs\minidump1123_2228.dmp. Give the .dmp, .pdb and .exe files to the programmers.
    [22:36:10]d:\source.aow.gog\aow\game\source\PC/MainPC.cpp(77): (click to open)

I was able to reproduce both (in the same game, same turn).

Gloweye

For issue #1, looks like the racial governance player properties aren’t hooked up correctly. for the #2, I’d suspect it has to do with subterraean combat models of a few rocks, but there’s no reason for any of our mods to even touch those.

Hiliadan

For issue #1, looks like the racial governance player properties aren’t hooked up correctly. for the #2, I’d suspect it has to do with subterraean combat models of a few rocks, but there’s no reason for any of our mods to even touch those.

For #1 probably. The economic one works anyway.

For #2, yes that’s also what I concluded but that does not make sense… weird!

Three more (already added to the list above):
    – (living) Archon Dwellings spawn outside the Shadow Realm (surface)
    – (living) Archon Dwellings do not have their minor race name displayed, e.g. in the diplomacy screen, it’s displayed “(null) (Neutral)” instead of “Archon (Neutral)”
    – the Shadow Realm is between the UG and Surface when you click on the arrows on the mini map to switch between layers. That would seem more logical for it to be above Surface

Gloweye

– the Shadow Realm is between the UG and Surface when you click on the arrows on the mini map to switch between layers. That would seem more logical for it to be above Surface

It used to be under UG, so this was closest I could get. What’s other people’s thoughts about this ?

marcuspers1

Under ground is the closest level to surface, therefore a “darker” layer should be placed under the under ground, surely?

I also brought up something in the chat at the battleground which went unnoticed/ignored: The shadow elves have very poor vision range in the Shadow Realm, I can barely see anything, can this not be improved?

It would make sense that races that isn’t shadow elves have poor vision range in SR, but not the race who naturally inhabits it?

Hiliadan

Surface is “below” underground in vanilla game. As you can cycle through all layers, of course if something is “above” surface, it’s “below” UG but every user will understand that. Whereas having SR between surface and UG just seems weird.

Regarding vision range, I haven’t entered the SR with SE yet so I don’t know how it is. But if you have 3 hex vision range, that’s normal. If less, then it needs to be corrected.
    SE already have massive advantages on the SR, namely no Shadow Sickness, RG boost, SR Concealment on some units, Shadow Demon Slayer and some others.
    If through extensive tests we think they need additional boosts, we can decide that later, but so far we haven’t had any real ways to test balance so it may be premature to decide.

marcuspers1

3 hex vision range is not the normal for me, compare a dwarf, tigran or goblin (they have night vision) in UG, the same should be considered for the natural habitat for shadow elves, others can have a penalty unless through RG to improve it.

Hiliadan

All races have 3 hexes vision range on the surface, and it’s the natural habitats of all races except Dwarves and Goblins though.

Gloweye

wasn’t it 2 and 4 hexes ? 4 on surface, 2 on UG without Night Vision ?

marcuspers1

Yeah, it’s 2 hexes vision range for the SE in the SR.

The travelling circus had a disappointing creature set to recruit from, I was hoping for something more “exotic” or “fascinating”.

Gloweye

Travveling Circus is a Decodence addition. Not 100% sure, but I think it uses the same source as the Inn.

Hiliadan

2 more:
    – Shadow Artifact causes friendly fire (cause Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness to adjacent allied units) (needs to be updated on the Wiki too)
    – Umbral Weaver does not have an Elite level ability (we need to design one)

Also adding the issue with the 2 hexes vision range of SE in the SR.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.