Shadow Realm – alpha tests

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Shadow Realm – alpha tests

This topic contains 229 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Bob5 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 230 total)
  • Author

Bob5

Shadow Demon Bombard: In combat, only the Bombard-Ability is at default, so you hacve to click on the move-button to walk with him. This is very annoying

This is fixed for the next build.

Shadow Demon Harvester: When I wanted to Spawn Larva on a dead Engineer, the Engineer himself came back under my control with full HP (True Resurrect?) And this although he was infected and exploded when he died. His abilities Fire Biunderbass and Shadow Bomb were on a 2 round cooldown, Ground Magic was impossible to use although he didn´t used it before.
    After I won the battle, I still had the Engineer. Same happened with an non-infected SE Arcane Archer and a killed Bombard of mine.
    The Harvester is also missing the move and act ability for „Spawn Larva“.

Harvester can now move and act in the same action for Spawn Larva.

Fixed the Spawn Larva ability. It should properly transform the resurrected unit into a Shadow Demon Larva in the next build. The Spawn Larva ability now also lists in the description that it does not affect the remains of Machine, Undead, or Elemental units. As an aside, the fix also immediately fixed an as of yet unreported problem of Shadow Larva not spawning in and/or from treasure sites.

Another clarification, you haven’t reported it yet, but as of the next build, Bestow Static Shield should also display in the description that it lasts until end of combat.

Hiliadan

Thanks gladis, big testing yesterday!!! 🙂

It shouldn’t be too hard to make them immune to effects like Convert and Seduce, just add in a checker in those abilities that says they don’t affect Shadow Demons, but I’ll wait until confirmation that that’s really the intention and which abilities should and should not work on them.

I checked quickly and didn’t find any previous discussion about it, so I add in the “to do” to discuss that. I would be inclined to make them immune to Convert and Seduce, or at least Convert, like Animals are.

marcuspers1 wrote:

The Shadow Demon Bombard doesn’t have a check on its “Infected” attack.

I designed it as such when making the ability. I wasn’t sure whether or not it had to be a check there as well, the wording on the wiki was a bit ambiguous in that regard.

The Wikia says “Inflict Infected” is triggered which I meant as a the blight check is triggered. How would you rephrase that? I couldn’t think about another ability affecting only the central hex with an Inflict to copy the wording.
    I would make it as in the Wikia for now and then adjust based on testing, if the Bombard seems too weak. It’s true that it can infect your own units but SD have at least 40% Blight Weakness and can’t be infected themselves so in fights vs pure Shadow Demons, they don’t suffer from it too much.

Shadow portals seem to be very common, on the first map I started I got four of them very close to the starting city.

Yes, know issue, listed in the list: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

Most icons are not displayed correctly.

Yes, I didn’t list that but known issue since the last update (worked OK before, except for Warlord units). Should be fixed by Lordoflinks later.

In several fights I had an issue with the sound (it didn’t stop). I think it was caused by the infantry unit.

Ok, that was not known. Please report again when you manage to narrow down the cause.

So I added this one:
    – the (SR) Ancient Ruins does not display the MCU in its description. They aren’t displayed because the Shadow Realm versions of these structures don’t unlock the MCUs right now, a MCU can only be linked to one structure and they’re already linked to the regular versions of these structures. So a solution needs to be found. (we’ll have to discuss a solution in the brainstorm post, that’s linked to the issue with Forgotten Thrones)

@bob: how is the Will Breaker Horde implemented right now? My initial idea was that Summon Will Breaker would be a secret spell, which could potentially be obtained (though we didn’t design any way to obtain it so far), whereas the battle enchantment would be something else, basically now it’s Will Breaker Horde, which casts Summon Will Breaker every turn.

Is the issue with the Larva fixed for the next build?

Known issues updated: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

EDIT: also this one seems to require to display the timer for the Will Breaker:
    – the Lightning Sprite’s medal bonus do not match the Wikia: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite A property showing the number of turns it has left before dying should be displayed

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Bob5

@bob: how is the Will Breaker Horde implemented right now? My initial idea was that Summon Will Breaker would be a secret spell, which could potentially be obtained (though we didn’t design any way to obtain it so far), whereas the battle enchantment would be something else, basically now it’s Will Breaker Horde, which casts Summon Will Breaker every turn.

Essentially, the Will Breaker Horde spell is just a battlefield enchantment, it’s a combat spell which places the battlefield enchantment in combat. And the Battlefield Enchantment summons a Will Breaker every turn. In a way it’s similar to Call Beast Horde or Arachnid Horde, only without randomisation on the summons. It’s currently set as a tier 6 Secret Spell, you should be able to find it in the Tome of Wonders. It shouldn’t be obtainable to players through any treasure site, it’s not in their reward lists, but it might be obtainable through the Sage Empire Quest, I think that just draws from all Secret spells automatically.

Is the issue with the Larva fixed for the next build?

Yes, should be fixed for next build. It should then spawn in appropriate treasure sites (like Heart of the Shadows and Larvae Pool) and the Spawn Larva ability should then properly transform the resurrected unit. I tested it myself and it’s working, just needs some FX to actually look good. I’ll have some fun making that quite messy and gory, I like to imagine the Harvester brutally devours the corpse and then gives birth orally to the new Larva. Not sure how much we can be done on the Harvester’s side of things and animations on its model.

Hiliadan

It’s currently set as a tier 6 Secret Spell, you should be able to find it in the Tome of Wonders. It shouldn’t be obtainable to players through any treasure site, it’s not in their reward lists, but it might be obtainable through the Sage Empire Ques

Ok would be better if it was excluded from Sage. What about the Prismatic Spire of Wizard Tower Ruins? I think it can’t be obtained in any way. Would be better if Will Breaker Horde was similar, and then I’ll update it in the Wikia.

This needs to be implemented:
    Storm Tower:
    8 shock damage and Inflict Shocking on a random enemy unit outside the wall on every turn.

Infused:
    Updated: +5 HP and Armored and +1 defense, and cost 60 gold http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Shadow_Elf_Infused

Umbral Weaver:
    Pass Wall at Elite

Archon Legionary
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Archon_Legionary

Replacement for Warp Equipment for the Forge of Dreams
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Equipment_Instability_Field

SE Military RG2
    Protector Military: Exterminators gain Athletics

Defender set #3 of the Forgotten Throne
    Added SE Manticore + a SE Succubus
    Also need to check the Shadow Demon set is really implemented

Bob5

Ok would be better if it was excluded from Sage. What about the Prismatic Spire of Wizard Tower Ruins? I think it can’t be obtained in any way. Would be better if Will Breaker Horde was similar, and then I’ll update it in the Wikia.

Prismatic Spire isn’t a spell, it originates from the High Elf race defence structure. But maybe I can leave it solely as a combat property and get rid of the spell part. I just don’t know what the button in the pre-battle screen would link to in that case though, normally it links to the associated spell which causes the combat property linked to the structure.

I’ll update everything tomorrow.

Bob5

Updated Infused and Weaver. Updated Footsoldier, assuming it’s the same unit as the legionary. If not, please clarify? I don’t think the Living Archons are supposed to have two infantry units, they seem to only have one, and there seem to be two versions on the wiki as well.

Hiliadan

Updated Footsoldier, assuming it’s the same unit as the legionary. If not, please clarify?

The Footsoldier is the Infantry unit of the Archon.
    The Legionary is a MCU-only unit, unlocked by the Archon Garrison MCU that you can get with the Archon Fort site.

So that’s two different units, one linked to the Dwelling, the other not. We would need to create a figure for the Legionary. I suggest using the Footsoldier, giving him a Spear and maybe some other tweaks like a different shield, etc.

Bob5

Okay, I fixed that, I thought it was the same unit simply available through multiple sources (like Mermaids which are available both through Merfolk Dwelling as well as through Sunken Cities and through the spell). For the Storm Tower, should Inflict Shocking trigger first or the damage trigger first on the targets? Or random? It matters because if Inflict Shocking triggers first and lands the damage will be greater due to Shock Weakness.

Hiliadan

should Inflict Shocking trigger first or the damage trigger first on the targets? Or random? It matters because if Inflict Shocking triggers first and lands the damage will be greater due to Shock Weakness.

I would say it should work the same as Inflict Chilling from the Ice Queen for instance. I believe the Inflict happens after the damage?

Gloweye

RMG – there is a zoom issue in the SR

It was using half-surface half-underground settings. I changed it from the RMG mod, so should be fine for RMG Games. Hadn’t @refineus fixed it for himself ? Otherwise we should transfer the fix to the SR main mod.

AoW_TerrainLogic.rpk -> Settings -> Terrain Layer Type: Definitions -> Shadow Realm Layer -> Render Settings(Resource) should be set to the surface version.

I think, at least. Still have to test.

RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn just next to starting city (I got one 2 hexes away from my Throne), that’s too close, it should be as far as Cave Entrances in the official version

Actually, I was using exactly cave settings. Should be UG/SR gates now, and made sure there were minimum distances also between caves and shadow gates. Also reduced layer transportation in general a bit, since there’s 3 times the spawn opportunities and we want less than twice the density per layer.

RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn just next to starting city (I got one 2 hexes away from my Throne), that’s too close, it should be as far as Cave Entrances in the official version

AFIAK, there is no way to set a min distance here. There sure as fuck isn’t one for vanilla spawning either.

RMG – Archon (living) Dwellings do not spawn on the SR, others Dwellings also do not spawn (0 on a Medium Land map)

Should work now I hope ? Dragons and Living Archons, at least. The rest of them is Athla-bound.

RMG – Cristal Mines from Decodence have been added to the SR layer instead of Gemstone Mines

Changed to Gemstone mines. hope it works now.

RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn on water (water hex and surrounded by water hexes; they should spawn like normal Cave Entrance on land)

Actually, water is spawning on shadow gates. I’m looking into it.

RMG – Beacon of Light, Heart of Shadows Warband Campfire are not on RMG maps

Warband Campire had a name error, and used to link to Necromantic Circle.
    Beacon of Light was left out last time, has been added.
    Heart of Shadows wasn’t incorperated in final pass only.

RMG – RMG generates too many Forbidden Sanctums on the Shadow layer, see screenshot

Should not be so anymore.

RMG – Shadow Elves do not by default start on the Shadow layer

I’ve done all I can here.

RMG – (living) Archon Dwellings spawn outside the Shadow Realm (surface, UG)

I *think* this was a name issue. IIRC, it had the same name as the undead archons at some point. Right now it doesn’t.

RMG – Merfolk Dwelling can spawn on land on the Shadow Realm layer (should spawn on water with enough water area around it). It can then be guarded by landlocked units.

Shouldn’t be able to spawn there regardless. Perhaps already fixed sometime ?

RMG – maybe a side-effect of Decodence RMG Integration but it’s now possible to get 2 in a 5 hexes radius of your Throne (surface start). It never happens in normal games.

2 of what ?

RMG – the Larva Pool does not spawn in the RMG

This is an issue in the main mod. The structure there does not have a name – it’s name should be LARVA_POOL.

RMG – the Shadow Realm is between the UG and Surface when you click on the arrows on the mini map to switch between layers. That would seem more logical for it to be above Surface

I can’t change this. Both surface and UG layers can be toggled in the user interface. If you uncheck both and then re-check them, it MIGHT work. But whatever I do doesn’t matter.

RMG – when generating map, there is sometimes a “cannot randomize alignment” issue, as below:

This sounds like an issue in the race definition of the shadow elves. That would explain the crashes we’ve seen. Either that, or it’s an issue with the Living Archon dwellings. I think.

Gloweye

hmmm…
    KNOWN ISSUES:
    – Zooming out is still an issue with going under the map. I’ll give that another go.
    – Heart of Shadows spawns inside the void
    – Shadow Gates stopped spawning (Check if UG-presence dependent)
    – undead archons spawn instead of living archons (serious, wtf ?)

ISSUES OUTSIDE RMG:
    (Note – my SR main mod is outdated, still using the PBEM version. Think it’s a couple weeks old now)
    – no syron tomb guards (should be already solved ?).
    – LARVA_POOL name (might be already solved, IIRC ?)

Bob5

You’re right, Larva Pool didn’t have a Structure Name yet. I updated that in the main mod, it should now be called LARVA_POOL

From what I understand Refinius “fixed” it by essentially using a second Surface Layer and calling it the Shadow Realm in LevelEd for the campaign, and using Shadow Realm Clime and terrain there, but as far as the game is concerned it’s a Surface Layer, which means the Shadow Sickness currently doesn’t affect the fake Shadow Realm.

In my latest version of the main mod the Syron Tomb uses the same Adventure set as the regular vanilla Tomb, which means it should just have defenders (generally a bunch of undead accompanied with the odd Warg or Hellhound). From what I can see you should have access to it on the dropbox, it’s currently on build 1129.

Gloweye

– Zoom bug is fixed
    – Heart of Shadows doesn’t spawn in the void anymore
    – im done for today.

Gloweye

From what I understand Refinius “fixed” it by essentially using a second Surface Layer and calling it the Shadow Realm in LevelEd for the campaign, and using Shadow Realm Clime and terrain there, but as far as the game is concerned it’s a Surface Layer, which means the Shadow Sickness currently doesn’t affect the fake Shadow Realm.

Ah, ok. Well, if the RMG mod is loaded, it should work regardless now.

And yeah, I know I have access to a new version. But im running on the PBEM build set of mods where im updating the RMG mod.

lordoflinks

Regarding the ‘inn’ recruitment structure that was mentioned:
    I would be more than happy to create one once it was decided what it would be and what function it would have.
    Regarding icons:
    I’m afraid the blurriness is an issue that I can’t fix; that is a result of the screenshot method I used to create them, and so, I really can’t help it; sorry. In regards to the other issues of weird squares behind the icons, I suspect this may be because I used GIMP to create them, and that has resulted in weirdness, and nothing that I do seems to fix it. If someone else could have a go, using the wiki icons, that would be a boon to me. I would be more than happy to let the Mentat create the icons for the Archons and the Shadow Demons, as I am a bit fatigued by the process.
    Regarding CBL Optimization:
    I would prefer to leave this to the people who deal with the mod tools, as I have no idea how each item interacts with other items through them, and I am worried I will break something.

I am very sorry for my lack of assistance, I am just a bit fatigued by AoW III modding, and I have been studying heavily for exams. The fact nothing I do in GIMP seems to fix those icons also has left me a bit disheartened.

The Mentat

I use GIMP for icons too, so it should be possible to fix them. Can you upload the gimp-files somewhere? Then I’ll have a look.

I can create the icons for Archons and Shadow Demons as well but it might take a while. At least there’s some progress with the ability icons. Around 10 of them are completed so far.

Hiliadan

Infused:
    […] and cost 60 gold

Replacement for Warp Equipment for the Forge of Dreams
    http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Equipment_Instability_Field%5B/quote%5D

@bob: didn’t see these 2 in the changelog so not sure whether it’s in?

[quote quote=273399]Prismatic Spire isn’t a spell, it originates from the High Elf race defence structure. But maybe I can leave it solely as a combat property and get rid of the spell part.

Ok so is it possible to replicate that and get Willbreaker Horde to be something similar to Prismatic Spire? To avoid unlocking it through Sage.

Hiliadan wrote:

RMG – maybe a side-effect of Decodence RMG Integration but it’s now possible to get 2 in a 5 hexes radius of your Throne (surface start). It never happens in normal games.

2 of what ?

Sorry, missed some words… 2 Magma Forges.

@gloweye: you said we should put the fix for the zoom in the main mod, how to do it? (it looks like the instructions you first gave didn’t succeed after your first tests?)

– undead archons spawn instead of living archons (serious, wtf ?)

Is there an issue with the name of the Archons in the main mod?

I updated the list of known issues (some stuff not fully resolved were kept as “known issues” for now): http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

Hiliadan

In regards to the other issues of weird squares behind the icons, I suspect this may be because I used GIMP to create them, and that has resulted in weirdness, and nothing that I do seems to fix it.

It looks very much like an alpha layer not correctly set. In the previous build, the icons were fine except for Warlord so you did find a way to make them perfect, I’m sure you’ll manage to find the right setting again, don’t worry. 🙂 I believe the alpha layer got mixed up in the last update because you added the Exterminator and probably did a small mistake and removed the alpha layer or something like that.

And I think the icons are fine, the blurriness is mostly on the Wikia because the resolution of the icon is quite small, but in game, it appears OK to me. Did you have concerns about specific icons The Mentat?

At least there’s some progress with the ability icons. Around 10 of them are completed so far.

That’s really great! We were quite despaired for the ability icons so very happy you can help with that! 🙂 I think it makes more sense to use your skills to finish the ability icons. I’m confident Lordoflinks can complete the unit icons, and @lordoflinks there is no rush for that, it can take some time, no worry.

@the Mentat: do you have a Dropbox account? If you can send it to me by Steam, I’ll add you to our share folder. Would be nice to 1/ give me the icons in .jpg or other image format so that I can add them to the Wikia and 2/ share the .clb with us directly so that moders can start linking the icons to the mod.

Gloweye

)

Is there an issue with the name of the Archons in the main mod?

That’s the thing – not as far as I can tell. The names seem perfectly fine.

Bob5

Infused cost change was already implemented, I guess I forgot to add that to the change log. Equipment Stability Field I haven’t made yet. Yesterday I made a start for particle effects for the Spawn Larva ability. I’ll get to the battlefield enchantment once I’m done there.

Hiliadan

Yesterday I made a start for particle effects for the Spawn Larva ability.

Nice! Looking forward to seeing the result!! 🙂 And I’m totally happy to wait for more FX to be done before modding the battle enchantment, as the FX are much more fun to watch than a boring battle enchantment! 😀

Reporting a few other things to update in the mod later on:
    – Archon units lack their description: https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Living_Archon#Units
    – Archon Dwelling’s buildings do not have their right name: https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Living_Archon#Buildings
    – the ToW entry for the Archon Dwelling is called “Dwelling: Necropolis […]” and should be renamed. It is empty below: “Can Produce the following units”, it should list the (living) Archon units

Draxynnic

Hrrrmn. My turn’s up in the test, but I can’t start it – I’m getting the ‘mod conflict’ message. I’ve tried re-unpacking the .taf, but it’s still coming up. Thoughts?

Gloweye

I had an outdated SR, needed to grab that from the dropbox

Refineus

That problably explained why all the icons where gone and some bugged in my game. It was suddenly fuzzy. A downgrade and upgrade. Problably try going form normal to debug might fix as I had mod conflict aswell after Gloweye.

Hiliadan

Ok not sure what happened. Gloweye, did you use the SHADOW REALM.taf from 29 May or did you create your own updated with the latest changes? If yes, then please avoid doing that on the folder we use for the PBEM game and rather create a duplicate “Shadow Realm” mod folder. That’s what I do when I want to test the latest .acp.

@Drax: please try to turn ON (or OFF if you’re ON) debug mode and try to play the turn. It looks like Refineus managed to play even with the 29 May’s .taf.
    If it doesn’t work, please wait. The idea was to update the .taf around 15 June, the current build might be buggy so better at least wait this evening that we can check if there aren’t any things to fix quickly before an update.

Hiliadan

Some new ones (I used the latest .acp):
    – these errors appear in the log with the 8 June .acp (without visible consequences):
    [23:15:22][ERROR]Unit Property Lesser Shadow Walking invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:15:31][ERROR]Property Effect Shadow Weed Visit Effect is invalid! Invalid property set!
    [23:15:31][ERROR]Unit Property Lesser Shadow Walking invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Property Effect Shadow Weed Decoction Effect is invalid! Invalid property set!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Spell Shadow Weed Decoction Spell is invalid: Targeter is invalid!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Unit Property Killer Instinct Property invalid! No ScreenDescription!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Property Effect Killer Instinct Effect is invalid! Invalid property set!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Spell Killer Instinct Spell is invalid: Targeter is invalid!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Skill Summon Will Breaker Skill invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Ignoring player class skill Summon Will Breaker Skill! Skill is invalid!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Skill Animate Dead Skill invalid! No ScreenDescription!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Ignoring player class skill Animate Dead Skill! Skill is invalid!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Skill Killer Instinct Skill invalid! No ScreenDescription!
    [23:15:32][ERROR]Ignoring player class skill Killer Instinct Skill! Skill is invalid!
    – these appear when a Bombard unit is on a strategic map:
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit Property Infected Group invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Property Effect Bombard Infection Effect is invalid! Invalid property set!
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit Ability Bombard Ability is invalid: Targeter is invalid!
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit Ability Bombard Ability is invalid! Event is invalid!
    – these I’m not sure what trigger them:
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit Property Ground Magic Damage Buff Property invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Property Effect Ground Magic Self Effect is invalid! Invalid property set!
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit Ability Ground Magic Ability is invalid: Targeter is invalid!
    [23:16:43][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit Ability Ground Magic Ability is invalid! Event is invalid!
    [23:16:47][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit Property Call Forth Darkness Ability invalid! No ScreenName!
    [23:16:47][ERROR][WORLD_ACTIVATE]Unit property Call Forth Darkness Ability ignored in unit! Property is invalid!
    – these appear at the beginning of a fight involving a Lord, a Harvester and a Bombard, immediately when the battle begins:
    [23:16:51][#00000104000003EA\Figure_Main_Template\TemplateLayer_13 0.-00001] Missing template instance for: Figure_Idle_World_Template
    [23:16:51][#00000104000003EA\Figure_Main_Template\StatePlayer_11 0.-00001] Error Broken Template (instance missing for rig?) initiating flow
    [23:16:51][ERROR]Failed to start flow of main layer out pin: Broken Template (instance missing for rig?)
    [23:16:51][ERROR]Failed to activate animation
    – the animation of the melee attack of the Harvester is bugged and cause auto-combat to stop working (the unit stops moving, the other units keep having their “idle” animation playing but nothing happens)

Also Larva are still not displayed on the strategic map, they’re displayed as a white arrow.

lordoflinks

I’m confused. Are my icons bugged or not?
    In any case, I’ve uploaded the source files for the unit icons I have to dropbox, and all the creation is done, they just need exporting, so if something has gone wrong in the export process, so perhaps the Mentant (Or anyone else) could see if he can export them correctly. Sorry they are not all there, a couple glitched and did not save correctly.

Hiliadan

I’m confused. Are my icons bugged or not?

Copying what I wrote you in Steam to avoid losing it (as you were offline and the text disappears after some time):
    I’m not sure what’s going on and I really struggle with the alpha layer on Gimp. But, it looks like I was wrong and it’s indeed an export issue. Because your Gimp files look similar for the different classes, etc. But if you open the Shadow Realm Unit Icons.clb and check the textures, and display “Alpha only” in View Mode below Preview, you’ll see that only some of them have an alpha layer correctly set: racial, Theo, Dreadnought, AD. Theo and Dreadnought appear fine in game. Racial and AD have issues though, and it seems to come from the format: it’s A8R8G8B8 instead of DXT1, so it looks like the export settings are incorrect. For the Warlord, etc. which do not have the alpha layer correctly set, I believe it’s because you forgot to include all the layers (in particular Alpha1″ which you added manually it seems) in the export.

The Mentat

I agree that it has probably been an export issue.

The icons of the base game are DXT3 and when you use this compression, change the usual settings in the content editor – like increase mipmaps +1, disable streaming, … – and delete the black background layer in gimp it works fine.
    I uploaded my test-clb as “Shadow Realm Unit Icons 2.clb” in the icon folder.

Gloweye

RMG mod ready for the beta. It’s in the dropbox. Currently known issues:

– Rare crash upon generation. I’ve contacted the dev’s hoping to get a good clue.
    – The Archons that spawn are still dead, sadly.

I dont think it’s viable to try reduce the amount of shadow gates lower than current – it will start generating gateless islands in the void if I do. It’s been decreased a lot, though.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.