Shadow Realm – alpha tests

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Shadow Realm – alpha tests

This topic contains 229 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Bob5 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 211 through 230 (of 230 total)
  • Author

Hiliadan

The icons of the base game are DXT3 and when you use this compression, change the usual settings in the content editor – like increase mipmaps +1, disable streaming, … – and delete the black background layer in gimp it works fine.

Not sure what you mean by “delete the black background layer in gimp it works fine”?
    I wrote a step by step guide for Gimp users: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/icon-creation/#post-273658 Could you please complete how to do to select all the layers? I tried on the Warlord file and was able to select only the Monster Hunter, so only it was exported. But I checked the end result after adding it to a .clb and linking it to an icon, and it worked, no naughty background behind the unit icon in game.

Hiliadan

Some new ones (I used the latest .acp):
    […]

Also Larva are still not displayed on the strategic map, they’re displayed as a white arrow.

Ok you can ignore all this, it looks like it was caused by me having updated just by moving the .acp so not having the right .clb.

For the Wardband Campfire, Lordoflinks tells me it’s here but the model is very small and should be adjusted through the mod tool (or in the .clb, I forgot where this is set up).

I updated the list of known issues: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272

Draxynnic

I’ve tried with and without debug mode, and I’m still getting the same message. Should we wait until the mod gets updated properly? Or let the turn timer tick down and see if other people are having the same problem? (It’s not like we’re being competitive, so missing a turn is only a minor irritation)

gladis

Each Combat turn or round?

Bob5

Each Combat turn or round?

Every round. Battlefield enchantments that fire spells automatically always fire at the start of the caster’s round if I’m not mistaken. That hourglass symbol always refers to full rounds as far as I know.

Hiliadan

It seems RG3 eco’s does not give the bonus on the 1st class building.

EDIT: also @refineus: Varaxan the Executioner has Dark Zeal but it works only vs Heretics units so useless if you don’t play Theocrat. Would be good to change it or add another ability in addition.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  Hiliadan.

Gloweye

Dark Elf Executioners had Life Steal. Give it to the hero ? There’s more that got it (Borkur the Vampire), but it’s decent and not to OP.

Refineus

We can look over the hero Varaxan. I have not tried “Dark Zeal” it sounded cool however

HousePet

I am finally available to help again.
    I just had to:
    Deal with an update to another game meaning I needed to critically update one of my mods, and had to do some balancing and other bug fixes while there.
    Go on a small holiday.
    Deal with all the other silly things life throws at you.

So I went to fire up a RMG game to have at look at what you had all achieved and discovered that AoW refuses to acknowledge that Decodence is installed…
    Tried reinstalling Decodence, but it insists its not there.

HousePet

Nevermind, was confused by the “Map Editor Content” bit in the name… >_>

HousePet

Okay, I’m missing the Shadow Realm RMG files. All I can find in the dropbox is a .taf.
    Also, I can’t remember how you trick the forums into letting you edit posts, so sorry about the spam here.

Refineus

In the “exported mods” folder in our shared dropbox the files you need is Shadow.Taf and Shadow RMG.Taf also from Steam decodence RMG and decodence map content. 4 mods you need to fire everything up. Hope you get it running.

Hiliadan

Put the 2 .taf mentioned by Refineus in your UserContent folder. Make sure to delete everything else related to the expansion before.
    Check this post for instructions: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-brainstorm/page/35/#post-273300

Good to have you back! Work still needed on the balancing of sites. 😉

Hiliadan

@bob:
    Would it be possible to fix these (or tell me they’re already fixed, see http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-alpha-tests/#post-258272) for next build:

– the T3 building unlocks both Umbral Weavers (the new one should be renamed Umbral Weaver Chariot for now, waiting for better names), should unlock only the Chariot one
    – the chariot Umbral Weaver has 2 figures on the tactical map, instead of 1
    – Spawn Larva acts as Greater Reanimate Undead (brings back the dead unit) instead of acting as Raise Corpse but with Larva instead of Cadaver
    – Static Discharge seems to be considered a melee attack, should be Touch/ranged (to avoid getting Panicked due to a Fearsome Shadow Demon Lord for instance!! 😀 or if possible the first effect should be Touch – so can get Panicked – but the jump should be ranged and not possible to get Panicked)
    – the Bombard ability directly gives “Infected” to the unit on the central hex instead of triggering “Inflict Infected” with a blight check
    – Celestrial Tower (MCU) lacks the damage description (” … deals 20 to a single enemy unit“)
    – (living) Archon Dwellings do not have their minor race name displayed, e.g. in the diplomacy screen, it’s displayed “(null) (Neutral)” instead of “Archon (Neutral)”
    – Summon Lightning Sprite does not show blue hexes for valid targets (all adjacent hexes). A possible solution would be to make it move and use, similar to other touch-range abilities where the unit automatically moves to get in range of the ability
    – the Shadow Demon Larva has no entry on the ToW (I guess I missed where it was set so didn’t reproduce it)
    – Lightning Sprites “Static Discharge“ is by default in “attack mode” and cannot be used as “move and attack“
    – Archon units lack their description: https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Living_Archon#Units
    – Archon Dwelling’s buildings do not have their right name: https://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Hiliadan/Living_Archon#Buildings
    – the ToW entry for the Archon Dwelling is called “Dwelling: Necropolis […]” and should be renamed. It is empty below: “Can Produce the following units”, it should list the (living) Archon units

gladis

2 notes:
    Inflict Shadow Sickness: State what units are not affected (e.G. Dragons)!
    Inflict Marked by Shadows: Please state directly what debuffs occur<and note unaffected units, too.

Now my testing:

– Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness displayed for Undeads (Reanimators, Lost Souls) whereas it shouldn’t. They should have Shadow Walker.

Tested in SR-Tomb: The Undeads haven´t listed „Shadow Walker“ but aren´t affected. The Problem: The Warg isn´t affetcted, too.

– Gemstone Mine: incorrect defender set (Undead Archon instead of http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Gemstone_Mine)

Still called „Gold Mine“ : 10 Gold 10 Mana And it´s generated in every City domain, including Throne.
    Didn´t see a wrong defender set.

– Larva Pool: the Excess use mod is apparently set on gold instead of mana http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Larva_Pool

I still got Gold as reward.

– the description and name of the Lightning Prayer Bolts of the Shrine of Storms are swapped

Fixed in the Tome, but in Hiliadan´s Testing Realm, the normal Shrine of Smiting is generated.

– Shadow Weed is still called Haste Berries with the description of the Haste Berries? I see many patches of it on the SR and they don’t regen MP but instead give Shadow Weed Decoction.

This is fixed, but I feel like there are way too much Shadow Weed generated.

– the Lightning Sprite’s medal bonus do not match the Wikia: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Lightning_Sprite
    A property showing the number of turns it has left before dying should be displayed

Only the Medal bonus fixed, but still lacks a 3 round countdown the hexes there you can summon the Sprite aren´t marked with the blue circles.
    You could add that the Sprite starts with 0 MP.

– Lacking this part of the description of Glass Furnace:
    Fully restores the Health Text of visiting Machine Machine.
    * Replenishes in 4 Turns
    Unlocks: Glass Armory.

Fixed.

– SE Succubi should have 10 physical, 3 shock melee damage. They have Invoke Darkness instead of Call Forth Darkness.

10 physical, Call Forth Darkness
    They have Fairy Fire with Dark pact, (4/4/4) but no more damage through medals. There isn´t any damage buff listed in the medal list, too.

– SE Apprentice: a bit like Succubi, the Wiki says Fairy Fire, not Shadow Fire, so should be switched back to Fairy Fire. Medals need to be reverted to Fairy Fire ones too.

Fixed.

– Shadow Artifact does not cause -1/-1/-1 to non-Shadow Walkers OUTSIDE the Shadow Realm (it should give them -1/-1/-1 but NOT on the Shadow Realm as it does not stack with Vulnerable to Shadow Sickness, and it should affect only non-Shadow Walkers)

Not fixed! a Kobold in UG is still at 7 Defence and 7 Resistance. The „Shadow Sickness“ is written in red though while my Weaver stands nearby.

– SE Bards lack Shadow Walker Aura: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Bard And Inflict Shadow Sickness should be removed from them.

Fixed.

– Strong Will Slayer’s description does not mention the additional damage: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Strong_Will_Slayer

The image of the physical damage is missing.

– Inflict Break Body and Soul’s description does not say that Broken does not affect Machines and Undeads: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Broken

Fixed.

– the description of Chaos should be clarified to make it clear Taunted is 100% success, maybe as in the Wikia: http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Chaos

The strength (spirit check) is totally missing in the unit´s panel and description of ability.

– Fire Lightning Bolt cannot be used on enemy unit directly, you have to shoot a hex infront of them to attack them.

Fixed.

– Call Forth Darkness lacks a proper information on the strength of the check on Blind http://age-of-wonders-3.wikia.com/wiki/Template:Hiliadan/Call_Forth_Darkness

Fixed.

RMG – there is a zoom issue in the SR. The zoom is weird by default but if you zoom in, it goes below the floor of the map

Fixed.

RMG – Archon (living) Dwellings do not spawn on the SR, others Dwellings also do not spawn (0 on a Medium Land map)

Same here.

RMG – Cristal Mines from Decodence have been added to the SR layer instead of Gemstone Mines

Don´t know.

RMG – RMG generates too many Forbidden Sanctums on the Shadow layer, see screenshot

I saw 2 Wizard Tower Ruins within 7 hexes and 5 hexes away a Forbidden Sanktum and Hollow Grove (only seperated by 2 Hexes). So 4 Mythical Buildings in the Range of one bigger city.
    In another game there were 2 Forgotten Thrones only seperated by 2 hexes, forming a Triangle with a Hollow Grove. And there is a line of 3 Wizard Tower Ruins within 7 hexes.

RMG – Merfolk Dwelling can spawn on land on the Shadow Realm layer (should spawn on water with enough water area around it). It can then be guarded by landlocked units.

Not saw such Dwelling.

RMG – Shadow Elves do not by default start on the Shadow layer

I started always on the SR.

RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn just next to starting city (I got one 2 hexes away from my Throne), that’s too close, it should be as far as Cave Entrances in the official version

Didn´t see any of those.

RMG – Shadow Gates can spawn on water (water hex and surrounded by water hexes; they should spawn like normal Cave Entrance on land)

Didn´t see any of those.

RMG – (living) Archon Dwellings spawn outside the Shadow Realm (surface, UG)

Didn´t see any of those.

RMG – Beacon of Light, Heart of Shadows Warband Campfire are not on RMG maps

I found the first two. Wicked Flames of Ghrauth is also new to me.

RMG – the Larvae Pool does not spawn in the RMG

Fixed.

RMG – isolated road triangles and other shapes (including isolated hexes) are generated in the Shadow Realm

Still found some lonely roads.

/gladis

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  gladis.

Hiliadan

Where did you see this ability? It’s supposed to be removed.

Inflict Marked by Shadows: Please state directly what debuffs occur<and note unaffected units, too.

Inflict Despair works similarly: it doesn’t describe Despair (didn’t double check in game).
    I’m not sure about the units unaffected actually.

Other issues:
    – Warband Campfire are not generated by the RMG (on the Shadow layer)

I updated the list of known issue in the 2nd post here: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-beta-tests/#post-280051

gladis

Where did you see this ability? It’s supposed to be removed.

Not sure, but it is mentioned in the Tome.

– Shadow Elf cities give High Elves instead of Shadow Elves as rewards

This seems to be fixed. From my only quest I got a SE unit.

/gladis

Link to Beta-Tests: http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/shadow-realm-beta-tests/#post-280051

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  gladis.

Bob5

– Spawn Larva acts as Greater Reanimate Undead (brings back the dead unit) instead of acting as Raise Corpse but with Larva instead of Cadaver

I already fixed this a while back (see change log 6th of June), it should be fixed in the currently published build. I remember even testing it back then. Note that the display popup when hovering with the ability over the corpse will display the name of the dead unit, not “Spawn Larva” or “Shadow Demon Larva” (Raise Corpse does this too), but it will revive the unit as a Larva. Also note that xp of the dead unit is transferred to the Larva. No way to prevent this I’m afraid, but it does mean that if corpses of units with lots of xp are targeted the spawned Larva can evolve immediately by the end of that same battle.

– Static Discharge seems to be considered a melee attack, should be Touch/ranged (to avoid getting Panicked due to a Fearsome Shadow Demon Lord for instance!! or if possible the first effect should be Touch – so can get Panicked – but the jump should be ranged and not possible to get Panicked)

It’s already considered a touch attack. Can’t distinguish between initial attack and the jumped attacks, it’s either all of them are touch or all of them are ranged. I’ll change the entire effect to ranged.

– the Shadow Demon Larva has no entry on the ToW (I guess I missed where it was set so didn’t reproduce it)

Can’t reproduce this, entry shows up for me.

– Lightning Sprites “Static Discharge“ is by default in “attack mode” and cannot be used as “move and attack“

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by this. It is already set as allowing Move and Use, meaning that if you target a hex without a unit on it it should just move the unit to said hex. If you target a unit the sprite should move next to the target unit and then use the ability. Note that because Static Discharge requires three action points you can’t use the ability like this if the movement before using it ends you up in the yellow or red range, you wouldn’t have sufficient action points to use the ability after the movement so the game blocks that action.

– Summon Lightning Sprite does not show blue hexes for valid targets (all adjacent hexes). A possible solution would be to make it move and use, similar to other touch-range abilities where the unit automatically moves to get in range of the ability

Summon Lightning Sprite is now Move and Use. You can target any hex within the movement range of the unit using the ability, the unit will automatically walk to an adjacent hex and then summon the Lightning Sprite.

Bob5

– the T3 building unlocks both Umbral Weavers (the new one should be renamed Umbral Weaver Chariot for now, waiting for better names), should unlock only the Chariot one
    – the chariot Umbral Weaver has 2 figures on the tactical map, instead of 1

Fixed these two.

Bob5

– the Bombard ability directly gives “Infected” to the unit on the central hex instead of triggering “Inflict Infected” with a blight check
    – Celestrial Tower (MCU) lacks the damage description (” … deals 20 to a single enemy unit“)

Fixed these two as well

Viewing 20 posts - 211 through 230 (of 230 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.