Shadowstalker Frost Aura

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Balance Shadowstalker Frost Aura

This topic contains 93 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  inetryconydot 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 94 total)
  • Author

Tombles
    Keymaster

Also, I don’t mind switching Bard’s Dominate for Taunt, but it is a bit of a downgrade. If anyone has ideas for a small buff to add their, I’m open to suggestions too. I’m not sure it needs it, but if something good comes up, I’ll see what I can do!

Zaskow

Yeah, I’d rather tweak the assassin, to be quite honest! Open to ideas about abilities to give the Assassin for Dark Pact, but please:

1) It must be an existing ability, I’m very close to the point where I can’t add new text to the game, since we’re running out of time to translate it all.

2) It should thematically fit with assassins and darkness, if possible.

Sprint. 🙂 You can delete walking through walls.

Also, I don’t mind switching Bard’s Dominate for Taunt, but it is a bit of a downgrade. If anyone has ideas for a small buff to add their, I’m open to suggestions too. I’m not sure it needs it, but if something good comes up, I’ll see what I can do!

Can you just increase power of existing charm? I remember nymphs could do this on medal long ago…

Gloweye

Sprint. You can delete walking through walls.

Both. It’s supposed to be strong anyway. And I agree on the Sprint.

Can you just increase power of existing charm? I remember nymphs could do this on medal long ago…

AFAIK, that never really worked. Also, Dominate basically is an improved charm with a different Fail effect.

Ericridge

Pass wall for assassins with dark pact?

Gloweye

Pass wall for assassins with dark pact?

That the current situation.

Another possibility could be Life Steal. It’s a DARK Pact after all. Might be good with the Orcs.

Tombles
    Keymaster

I prefer life steal to sprint, I think. Let’s go with that :3 The assassin can have that and Pass Wall.

Zaskow

🙁
    Sprint could make assassins pure OP, as they deserve after Dark Pact.

Zaskow

lso, I don’t mind switching Bard’s Dominate for Taunt, but it is a bit of a downgrade. If anyone has ideas for a small buff to add their, I’m open to suggestions too. I’m not sure it needs it, but if something good comes up, I’ll see what I can do!

Give them Healing with Dark Pact. I think, Rogue deserves heal abilities in late game.

Dagoth Ur

What about Martial Arts?

Tombles
    Keymaster

Herm, I’ve alreayd made the life steal change and I”m really busy right now. I’ll revisit this thread in a day or two and swap some things around if the ideas are popular.

Re: Healing on Bards – This is possible, but thematically a bit meh. Unfortunately we don’t really have any Evil or dark themed heal stuff without Heal Undead…

Ferrin

Herm, I’ve alreayd made the life steal change and I”m really busy right now. I’ll revisit this thread in a day or two and swap some things around if the ideas are popular.

Re: Healing on Bards – This is possible, but thematically a bit meh. Unfortunately we don’t really have any Evil or dark themed heal stuff without Heal Undead…

An evil themed heal could restore health, but give a debuff(damage over time? bigger initial heal that’s less efficient the longer the battle drags on? Also thematically appropriate as “evil”). Or buff a unit with Life Steal/Drain. Or take the health from another unit?

Gyor

Blood Mark Scarifice is a dark healing ability, Bards can techniquely already get it if they’re built in a city with a Blood Altar, but I’ve never actual had a city with one, they’re rare, so I think it would be okay.

I also like life stealing for Assassins, it feels more occultish and dark then sprint.

Kozzie

Maybe give them an ability called “Vodka Shot” or “Wine Cup” or ” Herbal Cure”
    and give it a 15 hp heal effect with maybe 1 def for unit or 1 dmg.

rationale:
    bards usually are depicted as drinkers and/or people/ladies that know some alternate herbal uses.

this could fit the theme and at the same time would be less powerfull than a normal heal or iron heart buff or anything.

Epaminondas

Hmmm, so I take it we are getting another update today? 😉

Also, not sure why Bards healing is thematically so bad – bards do often serve as healers in many fantasy – as well as historical – settings.

Ferrin

Maybe give them an ability called “Vodka Shot” or “Wine Cup” or ” Herbal Cure”<br>

rationale:<br>
    bards usually are depicted as drinkers and/or people/ladies that know some alternate herbal uses.

this could fit the theme and at the same time would be less powerfull than a normal heal or iron heart buff or anything.

The problem is it’s not something that would originate from a dark pact.

I thought about it some more, and I think a 20 heal that makes the target bleed for 2 turns for a total of 12 healing. (effectively more if already bleeding/unit dies before that/battle ends/physical resistance). With out of combat 12 spread instead of 20, obviously.

Would make stacking multiple bards a bit better even though the additional bard doesn’t give the morale buff. Although making the bleed last longer/more damaging for each time it’s healed is possible.

Gyor

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tombles wrote:</div>

Hmmm, so I take it we are getting another update today? ;)

Also, not sure why Bards healing is thematically so bad – bards do often serve as healers in many fantasy – as well as historical – settings.

Its not Themetically bad for bards, it themetically bad for the Warlockish Dark Pact, which is why I suggested Blood Mark Scarifice, its healing so it fits bards, it requires you kill an enemy unit as a sacrifice to heal so it fits Dark Pact, and best of all its an ability that already exists.

Gyor

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Kozzie wrote:</div>
    Maybe give them an ability called “Vodka Shot” or “Wine Cup” or ” Herbal Cure”<br><br>

rationale:<br><br>

The problem is it’s not something that would originate from a dark pact.

I thought about it some more, and I think a 20 heal that makes the target bleed for 2 turns for a total of 12 healing. (effectively more if already bleeding/unit dies before that/battle ends/physical resistance). With out of combat 12 spread instead of 20, obviously.

Would make stacking multiple bards a bit better even though the additional bard doesn’t give the morale buff. Although making the bleed last longer/more damaging for each time it’s healed is possible.

Your bleeding heal doesn’t already exist in game, he asked for prexisting abilities. Still a very nice creative idea.

Gloweye

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tombles wrote:</div>

Blood Mark Scarifice is a dark healing ability, Bards can techniquely already get it if they’re built in a city with a Blood Altar, but I’ve never actual had a city with one, they’re rare, so I think it would be okay.

This seems like a pretty good idea to me. Taunt and Mark Blood Sacrifice may just be a very nice combo. Also, the Blood Sacrifice Heal suits the dark theme.

Bob5

Coup de Grace or Sabotage might also work decently I think, but I like the Blood Sacrifice marking better.

Ravenholme

I think Mark Blood Sacrifice is a very good idea, although my Bards suddenly became weirdly scary if they get that.

Dominate on Bards always felt a little off to me as I felt it meant the Dark Pact was just pushing them into Succubi territory.

Gyor

I think Mark Blood Sacrifice is a very good idea, although my Bards suddenly became weirdly scary if they get that.

Dominate on Bards always felt a little off to me as I felt it meant the Dark Pact was just pushing them into Succubi territory.

I think making Bards weirdly scary is part of the point of Dark Pact 🙂

and Dominate on Bards did feel like it was stepping on the Succubus’s toes.

Grog of Bolg

Fitting in with an assassin theme. I think it would be cool to have sprint which only triggers after the assassin kills another unit. It would fit thematically by killing and running away to safety. Sneak in, kill, sneak out. -For balance, it would have to use up all action points but still allow for move points (don’t know if that is possible); otherwise it would be a glorified version of killing momentum. The dark pact would be to kill, and live to kill again.

Gloweye

To me it felt like specialization – Bard for the mind control, Succubus for the mixed forms of combat, able to curse and deal damage from a distance, and then fly in, Seduce and continue in melee.

llfoso

Fitting in with an assassin theme. I think it would be cool to have sprint which only triggers after the assassin kills another unit.

Isn’t this basically killing spree?
    Killing spree wouldn’t be bad actually.

What if bards got a debuff? Curse, although succubi already have that…weaken? No, DOOM GAZE 😀

Gyor

Killing Spree is really powerful, but yeah it does fit. But its a spell so I don’t know if it could be applied as a unit trait, otherwise it would a perfect fit for Dark Pact.

llfoso

Sorry I meant killing momentum 😀 I get those mixed up.

In all seriousness actually, abilities like doom gaze, sirens’ wail, or cause fear would all fit the bard really well thematically, although they might be OP if in conjunction with taunt and charm. Weaken seems fair.

EDIT: Now that I’ve said it though I REALLY like the idea of charm + taunt + cause fear. It gives the sense that the bard can manipulate people however she wants.

Ericridge

Bard with taunt is quite understandable to me, they can walk up to the walls and start singing songs of the defender’s cowardice, and how much they fight like a girl. And sing the exploits of their mother’s relations. Next thing you know, all your defenders is abandoning the walls to stab the bards.

Grog of Bolg

Isn’t this basically killing spree?<br>
    Killing spree wouldn’t be bad actually.

IIRC Killing spree is the spell that gives units killing momentum. I think that might be a bit OP, but not sure.

Another possibility for an ability with dark pact for assassins could be to take away the limit of assassin’s strike from once per battle to a cooldown of x turns.

Fenraellis

So… relative consensus on:
    — Bards: + Mark Blood Sacrifice AND Taunt?

Also, personally, I think Taunt is quite nice, even compared to Dominate, as it can be used at range while defending on a Wall, whereas Dominate is still a Touch ability(albeit with a stronger check strength than Charm, a fail effect, and a cool down).

Life Stealing is probably the most fitting option for Assassins, out of what is available.

Epaminondas

So… relative consensus on:<br>

Life Stealing is probably the most fitting option for Assassins, out of what is available.

I find it entirely inappropriate: Are Assassins vampires? Are they undead? Are they some sort of daemonic creatures? Do they all have some sort of magical weapons?

It does not really fit the theme.

I prefer something more thematic or realistic, if you prefer. Give them ranged weapons again, perhaps. Perhaps First Strike, since you don’t see them coming.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.