Small Feature Request – Forbidden and Required Properties for spell availability

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Small Feature Request – Forbidden and Required Properties for spell availability

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gloweye

Title says most of it, but I’ll give a little bit of explanation.

I’m trying to mod a specialization where you get to choose out of a number of properties – there’s seven choices and you can take 2, 4 or all of them if you’re 1, 2 or 3 levels deep in the specialization (yes, it’s a 3 level spec, so you need to dedicate deep to get all the goodies)

I can get it to work, but it seriously clutters up the spellbook. Right now, each spell gives 2 properties – 1 that does the meaningful work, and 1 hidden marker that locks out the others at that count, while both targetters are required to be correct and the hidden count marker not being stackable.

Now, what I’d like to do is to hide the spells that don’t matter anymore. Right now I got 49 spells, one for each combination. However, that’s a lot of clutter to look at.

So what I’d like is to hide all spells that aren’t relevant – every spell at the count that you’re currently not at, and every spell for a property you already have.

It might also work if I could just make them invisible based on these qualities. (Only show if list-of-properties is on the player, and don’t show if any of list-of-properties is on the player).

Otherwise, I’ll have to try and sort them further down, but that’s a rather messy solution. Also, I cannot lock out the higher count spells right now.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi,

Just to make sure I understand the request correctly.

Next to the ‘Required Property Link’ that is currently available for ‘Magic – Instant Spell’ and ‘Magic – Sustained Spell’, you are requesting having a:
    * Required Player Properties list, much like AoW City Upgrade:Normal has.
    * Forbidden Player Properties list, which does the inverse.

Can’t you achieve something functionally identical by using the ‘Forbidden Classes’ property in the ‘AoW Player Class’ setting?

Gloweye

Yep, you’ve basically got it down. We’re currently restricted to only a single required property, where I’d prefer multiple, but that I could work around. However, a forbidden property list that actually visually removes the spell from the spell book sounds like heaven.

And im afraid that’s not going to work. Right now, my current usecase it to enable a few spells, which apply a skill-like effect. However, I want to enable only 2 of those for the spec base level, out of possible seven. So you should first be able to cast them, but once you’ve got two of them, the rest becomes disabled. As it’s not possible to dynamically assign classes, I have to use properties. Currently I lock them out by invalidating targetters, but it gives a potential 49 spells in your spellbook if you pick all 3 levels.

Note that I’m using Instant Spell to apply a player property directly. It’s meant to set a state for the rest of the game, without stuff like disjunction even being considered.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Noted.

Given that we are close to wrapping stuff up here for the patch, this won’t make it in this time around. I will make a ticket for the next patch.

Gloweye

Aw, I hoped to be in time for this one 🙁

Thanks for the consideration tho.

Gloweye

Noted.

Given that we are close to wrapping stuff up here for the patch, this won’t make it in this time around. I will make a ticket for the next patch.

Im seeing a lot of “Should be fixed in the next patch” over at steam. Any chance this one made it in as well ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.