Stalled Development (?)

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Stalled Development (?)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Khelle 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Thezeret

It has been a while since we don’t see any news from Triumph Staff regarding new patches, balances, fixes etc. Does anyone have any idea about their current plans for the future of AoW 3? I’m not meaning to criticize, I’m just curious about their plans. There are some known issues, such as Shadowborn AI going good / Keeper AI going evil / Grey Guards not going neutral, and there is not a single developer post regarding such problems. Or is there? If there is, where do they “post” their progress with the game?

Gloweye

We don’t know anything at this time regarding their plans. We know they’re working on something “exciting”, but we don’t know whether it’s an expansion, AoW4, or something else entirely.

I’ve heard mention of a future bug-fixing patch, but that’s not even close to the main project.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi Thezeret,

Balance wise we are happy where the game is now.

We do have a list of things to look at for the next patch. But we’ve not had reports of any critical issues, so there’s been no need to get a beta patch up and push to make it the official version.

Thezeret

I understand. What about the issues regarding the leader specializations (shadowborn etc) and their in-game alignments? Are there any plans on “fixing” it?

And by the way, is there any way we could track the developers’ thoughts on plans for future patches / expansions? The lattest post on the “news” section is from october if I’m not wrong (e.g Reddit page, a forum page or something).

SikBok
    Keymaster

I understand. What about the issues regarding the leader specializations (shadowborn etc) and their in-game alignments? Are there any plans on “fixing” it?

I am not familiar with that issue. Can you post a link?
    Sounds like an AI issue to me, so that might be a tricky one.

And by the way, is there any way we could track the developers’ thoughts on plans for future patches / expansions? The lattest post on the “news” section is from october if I’m not wrong (e.g Reddit page, a forum page or something).

If we have something big – like an expansion – to announce, it will be on the news page, our facebook and our twitter.
    For patches we will typically post in the topic if it is something we are interested in fixing.

Yigg

If we have something big – like an expansion – to announce, it will be on the news page, our facebook and our twitter.

I take this as a very positive sign. We should be looking for an expansion announcement soon then? I can’t wait!

NINJEW

i would be very surprised if triumph hasn’t moved on to their next game by now

Thezeret

I am not familiar with that issue. Can you post a link?
    Sounds like an AI issue to me, so that might be a tricky one.

Well, I’ve seen many posts on this same forum regarding this same issue. Luckily, I have already posted a screenshot somewhere too, so here are the screenshots. They portrait an Orc Warlord which had the Shadowborn Master specialization, and went pure good in it’s game session. I’ve seen Grey Guards going good, grey Guards going evil, Keepers going evil…

I hope this clarifies things.

Thezeret

I forgot to mention, in the above screenshots, if you notice “Fenrir the Warbreed” is going the evil alignment path. Which is also a problem, because he is a Grey Guard (I don’t have a print to prove that, but I still have the hero in my customised leader bank and I’m sure he was always a Grey Guard).

This kind of handicaps the AI, because all of their troops get morale debuffs and end up getting smashed by the player or other AI players. I’ve seen whole empires crumble to those spawn camps (Archon Titans and Bone Dragons, anyone?) just because they had no morale whatsoever to fight against strong mobs.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Just talked with the people working on AI and Alignment.

Do you have a save game for that game, or another game in which this occurs? If so, please send it to aow3support@triumphstudios.com with a hyperlink back to this topic. We’ll have a look.

We know they’re working on something “exciting”,

I am clearly hoping for a little Christmas present like the leader costumes last year. Maybe some christmas monsters (christmas elves, reindeer charioteer etc) maybe in combination with a “rise of the santa” cosmic event! 🙂

Thezeret

After searching through my save files, I’m afraid I don’t have those old saves anymore. I always refresh old saves by overwriting them with new games (and I tried to avoid creating leaders with those spheres of specialization after the events mentioned in upper posts happened). But, if I ever see one of those glitches again, I’ll be happy to redirect a save file to you. Thank you very much for the attention!

SikBok
    Keymaster

You’re welcome.
    Thank you for keeping an eye out for this issue.

Centurion-X

I wait the news about new wonderful expansion with a sinking heart!

Charlatan

I wait the news about new wonderful expansion with a sinking heart!

You mean Lizardful

Khelle

They have obviously stopped working on AoW3 for now. I know it is temtping to believe they are doing some secret project like a big expansion, but if they were, then they would put dev journals in news section, because it is good for marketing. Furthermore they cannot tell you on the forums “ok, we stopped working on the game” before they announce next project, because it would also mean AoW3 would drop in sales by few %. Just face the reality already, and be thankful for the studio they put so much work for this game. Their next project is sure to be amazing too 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.