Suggestion for improving role races and immersion in general

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Suggestion for improving role races and immersion in general

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Seamus the Bold 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ten9

I have another suggestion which may help the role of races and immersion in general.

I was playing the other day and noticed that guarded structures like watchtowers and goldmines etc. seem to have guards that have some relation to the structure, for instance magma forces have dwarves etc.
    This is of course a logical choice.

Still, wouldn’t it be cooler that you first meet Goblins when you enter blighted terrain, or the underground? Now, even when exploring structures on your starting terrain lets you meet a plethora of other races. It would make the first encounter with an other race much more special if it takes a while, e.g. when you reach their favorite terrain.

Compare it to reading a fantasy book for instance. When reading the lord of the rings, at first there are only hobbits and a wizard. Only gradually other races get involved, depending on where the main characters are on the map. It helps building up an epic game.

This would be quite easy to implement in the random map generator and would help building an epic game map.

What do you guys think?

Hasbulat

It will be better, for sure.

But much more important for me would be the adjustment of RMG in a point of a starting position and terrain.
    At the moment the settler (which is my preferred start) starts in the middle of the terrain, he does not like. I mean, he does not hate it, but also doesn’t prefer.

Why should my elves build a capitol of empire not in the forest they love?
    Why my halflings must start in the swamp, they have difficulty with?
    Why my goblins settle between mountains in a deep forest, where they cannot even move good enough, I dont tell about lucky live?

This is for me far more important point to be improved.

At the moment the settler (which is my preferred start) starts in the middle of the terrain, he does not like. I mean, he does not hate it, but also doesn’t prefer.

Why should my elves build a capitol of empire not in the forest they love?
    Why my halflings must start in the swamp, they have difficulty with?
    Why my goblins settle between mountains in a deep forest, where they cannot even move good enough, I dont tell about lucky live?

I mostly start either with an established settlement or adventure style and never had a problem like this. My initial goblin cities are mostly located within a nice big swamp area be on the surface or underground.
    So it migth be bad luck or an actual settler problem.
    But it would also make sense if it would happen on purpose: Starting as a settler should result in searching for a perfect starting spot.
    Yet I clearly can see why this is annoying.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.