[Suggestion] New Outfits/Costumes for Old Classes

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions [Suggestion] New Outfits/Costumes for Old Classes

This topic contains 34 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Charlatan 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

I would like to suggest therefore that either as part of an upcoming expansion or as a standalone DLC (I’d be willing to pay £3 – £4 for this, as I am WELL aware that creating 3D Assets is not a simple process) that at least one other, drastically different outfit choice be added for each class, and would like to venture some suggestions, mostly to stimulate the imaginations of Triumph staff.

I would love to have more options to customize your leaders. I think the best thing Triumph could do though is allow people/modders to make their own items for the leaders.

Give me an import/export plugin for AOW3’s model format for Blender and I will create the outfits Ravenholme requested. I’ve got experience in modelling and texturing, mainly on the standards of Skyrim.

Of course, our dear Devs would still have to make modding game content beside maps available, first.

Kaiosama TLJ

One thing that I noticed about the head acessories is that some of them (like the Notch’s hat and Earnest’s beret) are locked to certain races and genders. I think it would be interesting to remove this restriction like the new ones we got.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Socratatus wrote:</div>
    Men get sexualised too, ie, they are expected to have heroically big broad chests and bronzed muscled figures (ie Conan, who even runs around topless in snow) which most normal men will never have- it is not an exclusively female thing, but you don’t see the men whining. Oh and 300 is nothing but topless warrior men running about- are they not sexualised? No, so I don`t give in to that ‘must not sexual women’ twaddle.

I’m just going to leave this here…

For some reason the “http://” on the link’s code was duplicated, breaking the link. I fixed here for you:

http://www.shortpacked.com/2011/comic/book-13/05-the-death-of-snkrs/falseequivalence/

People definitely need to get over their issues with sex in the media. My complaint here is about unnecessary sex stuck into a game, when it doesnt need to be there, just because itll give some of its players half of a boner. These women are warriors… they should look like warriors. They should wear armor that covers enough of their body to appear useful.

I never considered myself a feminist, but I’m also getting sick of this issue because of common sense. Also because I grew up from this “horny teenager phase”. 🙂

You know, I feel old when I talk about this but when I look to fanservice nowadays I think it got out-of-hand. Looking back in the old days objectification limited itself mostly to skimpy outfits, but with time they got even more skimpy to the point of being more absurd (like “tattoo underwears” in Scarlet Blade
    ). And if we even put Japanese fanservice into the equasion we also get weird stuff like boobs of the size of watermelons (to quote Spoony: “BOOBS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!”).

Things got so overboard that stuff like Agent Aika and it’s excessive panty shots looks “tame” in comparison. (or maybe I’m just exagerating, but you guys got my point)

If I wanna see a Tigran in a thong, I can go to Deviant Art.

Wouldn’t be Fur Affinity? Deviant Art is full of ponies now. (at least the last time I checked)

And a pretentious new logo by the way.

Charlatan

So we heard about the inner conflict of dragon-mount / rider teams and the favors of vegetable armor, but what about new outfits ?

I think we’re save to postpone any worry about that modern “sexyness/coolness above practicality” until obviously battlefield oriented outfits – like the warlord – suddenly starts missing armor pieces in “coincidental” spots.

As for the topic:

I can predict that if/once modding possibilities are there, and no such thing exists yet, then I’ll target for each class an additional outfit to cover the (at the moment unique) distinction the Theocrat has – being the only one with a clearly separate dark outfit opposed to the lighter ones. What I have in mind is a battle-scarred tyrant warlord outfit, a sorcerer warlock outfit, a savage leather armor archdruid outfit, an eccentric gadget-wielding half-mad-scientist half-dreadnought outfit, and finally a necromancer outfit of a much lighter tune, more reminiscent of a plague doctor or healer.

Ravenholme

So we heard about the inner conflict of dragon-mount / rider teams and the favors of vegetable armor, but what about new outfits ?

I think we’re save to postpone any worry about that modern “sexyness/coolness above practicality” until obviously battlefield oriented outfits – like the warlord – suddenly starts missing armor pieces in “coincidental” spots.

As for the topic:

I can predict that if/once modding possibilities are there, and no such thing exists yet, then I’ll target for each class an additional outfit to cover the (at the moment unique) distinction the Theocrat has – being the only one with a clearly separate dark outfit opposed to the lighter ones. What I have in mind is a battle-scarred tyrant warlord outfit, a sorcerer warlock outfit, a savage leather armor archdruid outfit, an eccentric gadget-wielding half-mad-scientist half-dreadnought outfit, and finally a necromancer outfit of a much lighter tune, more reminiscent of a plague doctor or healer.

Sounds good to me, gotta hope that we do get the ability to add 3D stuff to the game, and that modding isn’t hampered by the usual licensing problems that affect modding for most games. (Proprietary model formats etc)

Quite a herculanean effort though, given the various racial bodymorphs you’d have to make them for.

Charlatan

Sounds good to me, gotta hope that we do get the ability to add 3D stuff to the game, and that modding isn’t hampered by the usual licensing problems that affect modding for most games. (Proprietary model formats etc)

Quite a herculanean effort though, given the various racial bodymorphs you’d have to make them for.

Hah, yeah you are right, that’ll be quite a hassle, but its good to aim high, seeing how unusually agreeable this community is, maybe the most-commonly-sought-after customization options will find mutual cooperation.

Possible licensing problems are also a good point, let’s hope that is not the case here – proprietary formats are a huge nuisance if you ask me. I’ll take versatility and flexibility anytime over the usually minor improvement in ease-of-use they try to offer.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.