Suggestion: No duplicate race/class option for random AI

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Suggestion: No duplicate race/class option for random AI

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ephafn 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ephafn

Well, this is pretty much as I wrote in the title: I would like if there was an option that prevented the randomly chosen AI opponents to have the same class, or the same starting race, as any previously selected leader. (This obviously won’t always be possible if more leaders than races/classes are selected, in which case duplicate should be allowed.)

The reason for this suggestion is that I don’t like fighting someone with the exact same class or race as I am, as it makes the duel feel to same-y to me. I can do the selection manually, but doing so “randomly” is a pain, and knowing in advance the opposition is not always the most fun.

Merkraad

I totally back up this idea!!!! 🙂

Mythabril

And an option to exclude the pre-made characters from the list. Then it’s almost perfect.

Ferrin

And an option to exclude the pre-made characters from the list. Then it’s almost perfect.

Or better yet, allow us to make our own list.

Well, this is pretty much as I wrote in the title: I would like if there was an option that prevented the randomly chosen AI opponents to have the same class, or the same starting race, as any previously selected leader. (This obviously won’t always be possible if more leaders than races/classes are selected, in which case duplicate should be allowed.)

The reason for this suggestion is that I don’t like fighting someone with the exact same class or race as I am, as it makes the duel feel to same-y to me. I can do the selection manually, but doing so “randomly” is a pain, and knowing in advance the opposition is not always the most fun.

This

+ this

+ minotaurs

= perfect game.

Alright. Class is over.

Hunter

Sounds good as an option.

Weltenreiter

This would be pretty neat. I like to see a good variety of races/classes in play without having to manually select opponents (and thus spec setups)

And a thousand times this. Those are MY custom leaders, you can’t have them!

ephafn

Another reason to have that feature:

I’m playing a Human game right now with 4 AI, with the goal to have only human cities (converting everything else). At least 1 AI is also Human, and one other is still unknown.
    The thing is, I set the option to only get same-race heroes, but since my 5th (or maybe 6th) one, I only get non-human heroes, which indicates to me that the AIs must have depleted the Human heroes pool. (I also used the “I want someone else” option a few times, which may have made things worse, depending if those heroes are also removed from the pool.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.