Switch Human Player to AI?

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Switch Human Player to AI?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  david_mcmurdo 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey Everyone,

On the 18th of this month a friend and I are getting together to record a hotseat game of Age of Wonders III with the new expansion for YouTube. It’s unlikely that we’ll get an entire game done in around five or six hours time (as much recording time with FRAPS as my hard disk will allow for), so I was wondering, is there a way to switch human players to AI control? It would mean that when my friend leaves I can bring the game to its conclusion on my own. I remember that when we played Warlords III back in the mists of time it was possible.

Mythabril

Lacking that, I’d propose you two bring all your armies to a battlefield and have a free for all slaughter-fest in the last hour. The loser of the battle surrenders, concluding the game.

Arlow

don’t know, if not, he could surrender to you or you could alliance and play his armies
    my first thought, though was wondering if your accent would stop being cool during a four hour long video.

Smaug3

You can. It requires that you save the game, exit, then reload the game on the multiplayer server. It allows you to change who controls whom, and you can set your friend to an AI if you so desire.

don’t know, if not, he could surrender to you or you could alliance and play his armies<br>
    my first thought, though was wondering if your accent would stop being cool during a four hour long video.

It’s okay, I’ll be splitting them up into approximately 45 minute parts as I usually do.

You can. It requires that you save the game, exit, then reload the game on the multiplayer server. It allows you to change who controls whom, and you can set your friend to an AI if you so desire.

Ah, excellent. Thanks. This may be useful.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.