Tactical Combat Maps

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Modding and Map Making Tactical Combat Maps

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gloweye 5 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Gloweye

I’m aware that we can’t make completely custom maps for Tactical Combat. Sad as I am, is there completely nothing we can do?

I know we can change environments of maps layers. Is there any way we could change the Skydome used in Tactical Combat?

The case I’m working on is a collaboration between me and Charlatan to extend the use of Corrupt the Source a bit – in this case for the Inn. Applying his textures to the inn make it look great on the strategic map. All we want is to do the same on the combat map, and to for example pick some reddish sky dome to put over it, to give it a nice atmosphere – or maybe just whichever it is that’s getting loaded over Cursed Wells or Reanimation Circles.

A point here is that we do NOT want to replace the tactical combat of the normal Inn.

Gloweye

Dev’s ? Please?

Tombles
    Keymaster

The way the system chooses models and textures in TC is really complicated, and I don’t really remember how it works. I wrote it like 3-4 years ago.

For the environment set though, you can do that with a combat property. Combat properties can be set up so they change the environment set when they’re active, and I think you can attach the combat property so it’s always active during battles on the structure.

Gloweye

For the environment set though, you can do that with a combat property. Combat properties can be set up so they change the environment set when they’re active, and I think you can attach the combat property so it’s always active during battles on the structure.

Thanks, I’ll go and explore the possibilities of this.

Gloweye

Sadly, I just found out that Recruitment structures don’t have a link to Combat Properties, and neither can you assign an Adventure set. Is there a possible workaround to make a combat property apply?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.