the army of the forum

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions the army of the forum

This topic contains 108 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  overlorddarkslash 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Hello all Lords,

I create this topic for a small “game” we are going to play, this is going to happen:

1- You tell me your favorite unit in the game. (the only rule is that it shouldn’t be mind control immune)
    2- Ill play a theocrat or rogue and will gather all those units that you guys tell me in this topic.
    3- I will gather all those units in an army and face it off against any challenge I come across.
    4- I am going to post screenshots, and a kill count/ cause of death for your particular unit.

oh and don’t you dare to start a discussion about balance or which unit is better. you can use some other topic for that. lets see how a combined army of formite fair against the cruel cruel word.

llfoso

Oooh, cool concept. Are you sure you can pull it off though? Even with eight players there’s a decent chance of a unit being unobtainable.

Hmph. All the best units have MCI 🙁

I guess Halfling Farmer for me then, just to make sure there is a chicken in the mix 😀
    Wait, no: dread monkey 😀

Hmph. All the best units have MCI though
    I guess Halfling Farmer for me then, just to make sure there is a chicken in the mix

Fair enough lord Ilofso, lets make a small chance, MCI class units, I can build the race units if needed.

Oooh, cool concept. Are you sure you can pull it off though? Even with eight players there’s a decent chance of a unit being unobtainable.

yes ofcourse it is the magnificent Overlord Darkslash you are talking about!

I guess Halfling Farmer for me then, just to make sure there is a chicken in the mix
    Wait, no: dread monkey

and with the small chance in the MCI rule?

ExNihil

Krakens, big ones.

Krakens, big ones.

Ha nice challenge Lord ExNihil, a kraken will become part of the first army support fleet.

Wait, no: dread monkey

So if nothing change the dread monkey become first conscript for the first division of the Army of the forum.

llfoso

Are there actually any racial units with MCI at recruit besides sphinx?

But one that’s a particular favorite of mine is feathered serpent, and actually you can get that through the MCU, so I suppose that’s not a problem is it?

Narvek
    Keymaster

A gold medal Kobold.

But one that’s a particular favorite of mine is feathered serpent, and actually you can get that through the MCU, so I suppose that’s not a problem is it?

yea no problem I will put it on the list.

A gold medal Kobold.

I will make sure he is added to the first division Lord Narvek. even if I have to spoon feed him the XP.

Gold Dragon.

Tibbles

Firstborn I think!

Fairies are my fav, any of them will do :3

Gold Dragon.

deal, he will be added Lord BBB.

Fairies are my fav, any of them will do :3

so first group of fairies I encounter? they will be added Lord Tibbles

Gloweye

Firstborn I think!

My text…

For me, get yourself a High Elf Succubus, if you’re going rogue.

If you’re going Theo, I want a Deathbringer. Prefer Frostlings, but don’t really matter.

Can’t wait for the screenies…

My text…
    For me, get yourself a High Elf Succubus, if you’re going rogue.
    If you’re going Theo, I want a Deathbringer. Prefer Frostlings, but don’t really matter.
    Can’t wait for the screenies…

Hmm I think I go Theocrat because that also help me keeping the units alive when the army is still being set up. so that will be a frostling deathbringer.

Hiliadan

Favourite unit: Goblin Blight Doctor!

Favourite unit: Goblin Blight Doctor!

Added to the list Lord Hiliadan.

so the first division is completely full now and the following conscripts are in this division

1- a Feathered serpent
    2- a Gold medaled Kobold
    3- a Gold dragon
    4- the first random fairy I will encounter
    5- a Frostling Deathbringer
    6- a Goblin blight doctor

Tibbles

If you want to take some cool screenshots of the whole lineup:
    Run in debug mode
    CTRL + B to unlock free camera
    CTRL + ALT + U to hide the UI
    CTRL + P to freeze animations

If you want to take some cool screenshots of the whole lineup:
    Run in debug mode
    CTRL + B to unlock free camera
    CTRL + ALT + U to hide the UI
    CTRL + P to freeze animations

That is actually pretty useful to increase the quality of the report, Thanks Lord Tibbles

Host

For my choice I impose upon you, the requirement to add the most dejected of units to your line-up: the outdated Goblin Skewer, now only found as independent guards!

For my choice I impose upon you, the requirement to add the most dejected of units to your line-up: the outdated Goblin Skewer, now only found as independent guards!

Getting this army together gets more fun after each suggestion. The Goblin Skrewer will become the first unit in the second division Lord Host.

JPoll

Cool idea! Your lineup will never be truly complete without a dire penguin, though. 😉

Cool idea! Your lineup will never be truly complete without a dire penguin, though.

So Lord JPol, I put a dire penguin under your name in the second division.

GreyMonkey

Magnificent Overlord Darkslash, as much as you would hate it, i must put a name of a creature. A most vile creature. A creature that is well known within this walls. A creature that some lords consider mount. Ha! If only they could see beyond their pride…They find themselves to be the tool for eight legged queen. Vampire spider queen. She should be at your side.

I demand a paragon Golden Dragon. There is no other.

Hail to the shinning one, the breath of the immortal sun!

Since Firstborns are off the table. Either Dwarf Forge Priest or Halfling Eagle Rider or Shock Troopers. (My three favorite races) any of these are cool for me.

LordCameron

As befitting a lord I shall be represented on the field of battle as a true noble. A knight for me Dark Lord!

Magnificent Overlord Darkslash, as much as you would hate it, i must put a name of a creature. A most vile creature. A creature that is well known within this walls. A creature that some lords consider mount. Ha! If only they could see beyond their pride…They find themselves to be the tool for eight legged queen. Vampire spider queen. She should be at your side.

gah! as much as the thought pains me in my very evil essence I will comply to your request Lord GreyMonkey, a vampire spider queen in the second battalion

I demand a paragon Golden Dragon. There is no other.
    Hail to the shinning one, the breath of the immortal sun!

as you wish Lord chrysophylax páuperem also a golden dragon for the second battalion

Since Firstborns are off the table. Either Dwarf Forge Priest or Halfling Eagle Rider or Shock Troopers. (My three favorite races) any of these are cool for me.

A firstborn is not a problem, Ill capture a city and produce a firstborn to suit your needs Lord Azktor Warsgen.

As befitting a lord I shall be represented on the field of battle as a true noble. A knight for me Dark Lord!

And the human knight would rid with pride as last unit for the second battalion Lord Cameron.

So the second battalion would be:

-1 goblin skewer
    -2 Dire penguin
    -3 Vampire spider queen
    -4 golden dragon
    -5 firstborn
    -6 human knight

not bad we already have 2 full battalions of conscripts. and a lone kraken as fleet

Charlatan

A Nightshade Fairy to find them all and in the darkness bind them!

A Nightshade Fairy to find them all and in the darkness bind them!

Third battalion will have a Nightshade Fairy as first unit Strategos Charlatan

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.