The Day After: Update and Plans

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions The Day After: Update and Plans

This topic contains 69 replies, has 51 voices, and was last updated by  BB Shockwave 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author

BB Shockwave

I do have one relatively minor complaint/request. Would it be possible to unlock the class outfits for leaders? I really like the look of some and really don’t care for the look of others (even if I like the classes themselves), it would pretty neat if leader had a free choice of clothing.

I don’t think that can be done – you’d have a dreadnought look like a sorcerer in the end. 🙂
    What I’d want, though, and could be very easily done (just remove the alpha channels from the skin texture!) is to add “cloakless” versions of some of the outfits. Like, the Theocrats – none of their costumes has a cloak-less variety. Or the studded leather outfit of the rogues.

Nerva

all the great positive things aside, my one issue is that all the AI so far has been super evil and aggressive. any chance we can vary this up a little?

other issue is that many race upgrades are pretty useless.

Brandon_354

I do have one relatively minor complaint/request. Would it be possible to unlock the class outfits for leaders? I really like the look of some and really don’t care for the look of others (even if I like the classes themselves), it would pretty neat if leader had a free choice of clothing.

I 100% stand behind this. Just make it so it is for leaders only and not heroes, and that all of the premade leaders stay as they are making so that it only affect custom Leaders. This would only be beneficial.

I don’t think that can be done – you’d have a dreadnought look like a sorcerer in the end.

It would only be the leader, and bluntly put if you cant tell that the guy with apprentices and eldritch horrors is not a dreadnought but a sorcerer that is on you, not to mention it wouldn’t affect the current leaders, just custom made ones

DasMoonBat

My only criticism is not with the game itself but with mac compatibility. I love this but I would like to know if the mac version will be hosted on GOG.

jakjak

I am very very impressed with the expansion I thought that the t4 summons would be game killers but both times I got that far they were the last spell to pop up and it was not game breaking by that point I was also apprehensive about the ghoul mechanics but it seems to have been done expertly however I did somehow end up with a ghoul ice dragon when I thought they were immune? I was a little sad that your very first city is ghoulish and slow growing and that it is harder than I thought to leave a city non ghoulish because you dont get to absorb a non ghoul city without them becoming ghouls as well. I think overall for balance this was probably a good call my 2 balance things are that bone horrors maybe could be buffed slightly at higher medals and frostling could maybe do a little less frost damage I seem to annihilate racial units of similar tiers especially at the the t1 t2 marks but please please please add a save map function I was really excited that the editor didn’t work for a couple days pre launch and then really sad again

Gloweye

however I did somehow end up with a ghoul ice dragon when I thought they were immune?

Should be changed in the next patch, sadly. Currently they can become Ghouls by means of Inflict Ghoul Curse or Age of Death, not by building and not by Well of Souls.

I think overall for balance this was probably a good call my 2 balance things are that bone horrors maybe could be buffed slightly at higher medals

Being looked at.

NuMetal

jakjak wrote:
    however I did somehow end up with a ghoul ice dragon when I thought they were immune?
    Should be changed in the next patch, sadly. Currently they can become Ghouls by means of Inflict Ghoul Curse or Age of Death, not by building and not by Well of Souls.

I still don’t get why… :'(

Gloweye

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Gloweye wrote:</div>
    jakjak wrote:<br>
    however I did somehow end up with a ghoul ice dragon when I thought they were immune?<br>

I still don’t get why… :’(

me neither. This is IMO the worst change in a while.

SaschaJ

Dear Triumph Studios,
    thanks for the amazing update “eternal lords”.
    This is really a huge add-on with so much well-intergrated content.
    Everything works the way it should be.
    After playing a lot of hours I realized that the race relations and also the KI makes the game much more difficult to play. Fantastic !!!
    The whole gameplay is PERFECT now.
    But…
    There is still the wish for playing more official scenarios, o.k. there is the RMG but we prefer the “handmade” scenarios. I’m happy that I have paid a few more Euro for the Preorder and Deluxe Edition. Both scenarios are worth the money I have paid for.
    Long time ago you have provided the players with the best scenario ever (rise of kings) with a patch to AoW Shadow Magic. Could you create another XXL-3-level-scenario, including all new features with the next balacing-update?
    This would be so WONDERful.

BB Shockwave

I love this game, indeed.

It provides a very interesting gameplay with Keepers of Peace – I am playing a large map with 6 players, and at round 50 or so I am still at peace with everyone, even the evil necromancer whose nickname is “the Bodysnatcher” 😀 I’m slowly expanding due to my easier relations with neutral towns, making vassals and going towards the inevitable beacon-building. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.