The Great Support Project

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions The Great Support Project

This topic contains 70 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Teehon 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

Charlatan

Nice one AZJaguar!

Personally, for the “future DLCs” speculation, I think there’s no need to rush it, especially after the massive content we will get soon. Motivation and new Ideas take time 😮

AZJaguar

Nice one AZJaguar!

Personally, for the “future DLCs” speculation, I think there’s no need to rush it, especially after the massive content we will get soon. Motivation and new Ideas take time :o

True and I understand such.

But I am sure motivation will be a lot easier with a really good sale for this upcoming DLC. And I am greedy. 😉 MORE!!!

The new player I mentioned earlier. I told him/her about the Necromancer coming. Perked their interest to go look it up.

A journey of a thousand miles is done one step at a time right?

Low_K

Updated the Dakka Dakka thread ( http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/578540.page ). Started with 654 views, now already 900+. So hopefully some new people will pick the game up.

I think the Necromancer expansion will boost sales while everyone, well, likes Necromancers!

Please bump it if it strays too far from the top. I am not the only Forumite to have an account on Dakka, right?

Kind regards,

Low

you’re favorite overlord here.

let me share my contribution (for now).

around 7 friends got the game from me, those 7 players also bought the expansion after an little persuasion,

I also announced an “help the overlord triumph” project on facebook. after the huge success I had with the, “buy an copy of disgaea 5 or get out” I anticipate some new purchases in the next weeks.

I am going to use some connection I have with some game reviewing friends and youtubers to make an little article on there sites or forms about the new expansion.

more information will follow.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Thanks Low_K and overlorddarkslash : D>

RBarros03

I’ve been supporting Triumph since AOW I, trying to put all my friends to play the game. IMO, AOW 3 is the best 4x game ever made, with huge potential to grow up.

But after ~1 year of the release of AOW 3 I still see how weak is yet the multiplayer platform and competitive scene. My dream scenario would be seeing the franchise being sold to a bigger company capable to create a better multiplayer experience and more resources to work on the AI.

Teehon

My dream scenario would be seeing the franchise being sold to a bigger company capable to create a better multiplayer experience and more resources to work on the AI.

No, no, no. Because then, it won’t be “the best 4x game ever made”.
    There are a lot of huge companies which make 4x games. They are suck, though. Even though a lot more money is pumped into them. Because they are all about profit and not about inspiration, motivation, trying to prove your name.
    I am sure Triumph can do it.
    And about multiplayer, the problem is not the platform but rather the specifics of the game itself. One game can take forever to finish, and it’s difficult to have a popular mp in a game like this.

Popular multiplayer comes from having a game that is very fun to play multiplayer, and advertising so people know the game exists. There are tons of strategy games that do that. Rbarros makes a good point, the main thing holding aow3 back there is not the genre but the support and focus, or lack thereof, on these things.

jb

And about multiplayer, the problem is not the platform but rather the specifics of the game itself. One game can take forever to finish, and it’s difficult to have a popular mp in a game like this.

The mulitplayer problem does indeed have platform issues. Don’t pretend otherwise.

-There is no chat or lobby
    -There is no lobby to see other available players
    -There is no way to watch other games being played as an observer
    -There is no way to send messages to allies only in game

I made a big post about it about a year ago, don’t want to derail this thread.
    http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/mp-lobby-feature-requests/

The game also has learning curve issues that a good tutorial and/or AI improvements would help with. This adds another hurdle to keeping players interested to the point that they want to try multiplayer (or buy dlc, etc).

But yes multiplayer has a bunch of issues discouraging everyone from rushing to get copies to play with their friends. The official server PBEM support with the expansion might help a bit, but taking one turn a day where you can’t talk to other players or even engage them in actual combat is not exactly the height of excitement for your average group of friends. Popular games tend to be able to be played in about half an hour, an hour tops. There was a thread earlier about a possible arena style tactical combat only mode similar to what total war games offer and that could certainly fill that role without having to change the standard game.

Teehon

The mulitplayer problem does indeed have platform issues. Don’t pretend otherwise.

Neither do I want to. Yes, the problems are there, maybe that’s why I kinda stopped playing MP after a few tries.
    (But it’s still better than AoW2, so the progress is there)

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.