[Following] Things that must be fixed

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Help & Support [Following] Things that must be fixed

This topic contains 15 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  SikBok 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

jakjak

So first I dislike bitching in general this is meant to be helpful I have a half page that I lost of common things that need fixing I DO NOT want this to be a balance thread I want practical bug reports and fixes that need to be implemented before the (potentially) last expansion so please help me compile suggestions the first three are essential the rest helpful I hope

1-BLACK SCREEN seriously guys fix the darn black screen issue! should be working on that before an expansion and mind you I am the most interested in the necromancer of everything in the game so that is not easy for me to say I dont understand what the issue is here I know a dev said they did not get it but whoever you have looking into it and not seeing it is not playing the game just open the game same version as everyone else has no developer tools and play a multie player game every single person gets this bug at least 99% of the time i think ever I played 2 games where it did not occur(for a single player or two still happened at some point within the game)

2-SAVE MAP FEATURE OR AT LEAST A WORKING RANDOM MAP GENERATOR IN THE EDITOR preferably both this is in my opinion vital for the long term survival of the game

3-SECRET SPELLS- Need to be able to be disjuncted in multieplayer otherwise great stoning is absolutely rediculous and others as well

4-AUTO SCROLLING down in chat sometimes it is vital to be able to read conversations above the cut off line currently it snaps back down even when nobody has typed something new

5-LEADER MISSING sometimes the last leader used is no longer in the library

6-ALLY SPELLS-negative global effects applying to allies

7-HERO STACK ORDER-Whichever hero has the most stack effecting level up choices needs to lead notwhoever is the hihest level

8-DISPEL MAGIC AND BREAK CONTROL- should absolutely not be used when there is no effect on the unit for xp farming. (I think they need a cooldown as well)

Gloweye

8-DISPEL MAGIC AND BREAK CONTROL- should absolutely not be used when there is no effect on the unit for xp farming. (I think they need a cooldown as well)

they still give XP? weird.

Sprint in water battles does to, while not giving embarked units a movespeed bonus…

Black screen was fixed….then it came back….

most irritating.

Harleyquin14

Regarding #5, this is intentional as it appears the AI factions choose their leader first and your custom leader made the cut. Fixing it requires you to simply go through the map selection options again and hope the AI choose a different set of leaders not from your own pool.

Someone else told me this, so I’m just passing on the information.

Decker87

I believe “Break Control” works because it gives the unit Strong Will for 1 turn.

Harleyquin14

I believe “Break Control” works because it gives the unit Strong Will for 1 turn.

You can still use “Break Control” even for machine units giving those Strong Will, is that intentional or an oversight? (I mistakenly thought Break Control would remove the stun effect).

Socratatus

Never had a black screen.

Vrrn

Regarding #5, this is intentional as it appears the AI factions choose their leader first and your custom leader made the cut. Fixing it requires you to simply go through the map selection options again and hope the AI choose a different set of leaders not from your own pool.

Someone else told me this, so I’m just passing on the information.

I can 100% confirm this, since 1st time I’d encountered this “feature” and created the same character I used before from scratch again, I had my clone as AI in game. So that’s the reason it disappeared from the list. Before v1.4 it was really annoying, because map options wouldn’t be saved. Now you just go back to menu and again forward to character selection. Still creates some trouble and wastes few seconds of your life.

Magus77

<…>
    1-BLACK SCREEN seriously guys fix the darn black screen issue! should be working on that before an expansion and mind you I am the most interested in the necromancer of everything in the game so that is not easy for me to say I dont understand what the issue is here I know a dev said they did not get it but whoever you have looking into it and not seeing it is not playing the game just open the game same version as everyone else has no developer tools and play a multie player game every single person gets this bug at least 99% of the time i think ever I played 2 games where it did not occur(for a single player or two still happened at some point within the game)

Never saw this – does it happen in multiplayer only?

2-SAVE MAP FEATURE OR AT LEAST A WORKING RANDOM MAP GENERATOR IN THE EDITOR preferably both this is in my opinion vital for the long term survival of the game

Yes!! I hope Triumph will do this. In AOW-SM the random map generator was in the editor and not in the game, and it was not as good. Now we have a better generator, but cannot use it to make maps. Please allow to ‘export’ a random generated map for editing.

3-SECRET SPELLS- Need to be able to be disjuncted in multieplayer otherwise great stoning is absolutely rediculous and others as well

Hm – I do not play multiplayer, but I think this are effects of a specific area and it should not be possbile to dispel them. If it is necessary please make it rather hard.

Magus

Azghall

The Tome of Wonders only working during a game, you can access before but its completely pointless since you can not view any information.

Easy terraforming (hold [key] to terraform) and terraform below structures and cities.

+1 to 2 and 7.

2 and 7 for me please .

GGDevil

I never had a black screen even in MP games maybe a update for your graphic card is required.
    +1 to number 7 maybe that you can choose who is the leading hero (except maybe your leader which should be the army leader)
    Fixing #6 would also be nice.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi,

First off, moved this to ‘Help & Support’ to get the right eyeballs on this topic.

To help us fixing bugs and resolving issues please make a topic for each bug or issue. Reports in huge topics are hard for us to work with and your report is likely to get lost amongst the other posts.
    Also, when reporting, please familiarize yourself with ‘Help & Support’ section on: http://ageofwonders.com/support/.

Then, to address OP:

1-BLACK SCREEN:

Like BBB stated this is a new version of the Black Screen bug. We’ve been trying to reproduce this based on the information given but we’ve not had it in the office yet.

If you run into this issue, please give us a save game and a full Method of Reproduction. I.e. a step-by-step description of what happened before the issue occurs. Of interest are: Settings like ‘Observe Manual Combat’, who attacked who, who was in the battle, which player left the game, how that player left the game, when the player left the game, etc. Without such information we’ll have a hard time fixing the bug.

2-SAVE MAP FEATURE OR AT LEAST A WORKING RANDOM MAP GENERATOR IN THE EDITOR

That is already on our feature request list.

3-SECRET SPELLS

Made a task to have disjunction on Greater Stoning looked at.
    UPDATE: Which has been resolved, fixing the issue for Greater Stoning.

4-AUTO SCROLLING

Can you tell me when do those snaps occur?

5-LEADER MISSING

As noted, this is due to AI picking that Leader. We’ve got a task to change this, such that Human Players always pick first.

6-ALLY SPELLS

If this concerns ‘Age of Deception’, we’ve got a task to have that looked at.

8-DISPEL MAGIC AND BREAK CONTROL

I made a case to have this looked at.

jakjak

Hey thanks good to know a lot of these are being looked at! I wanted to get other stuff from other players before I posted it in help and support so it could be more comprehensive

Black Screen I will play with you and a few other players this weekend if you are free and willing? usually observe battle is on I dont think its battle related so much as after a player loses and then clicks exit game the next two players to engage in a battle no matter who the surviving clashing players are lock the screen and it goes black forcing everyone to reload the auto save where a lot of games particularlly international ones die in the lobby

Auto scrolling of the chat box occurs constantly in MP wether in lobby or in game you can only see the last 10 messages it will let you scroll up but it snaps immediatly back down so it takes finding the same sentance 3 times to read it

So far as secret spells great stoning was the most game breaking but I think all the secret spells cannot be disjuncted in MP I thought the guy was messing with me cus I know I have dispelled a few previously granted before the patch and expansion perhaps it only applies to the ones from empire quests opposed to wizards towers

jakjak

I think that is the best way to figure out black screen is just to play a game online it could probably be a quick 3 player game with starting stacks or maybe it has to run for a certain amount of time? like how lobby screens that have been open too long sometimes crash on load. but its worth a try to just have one player attack another at their capital the loser exits the game then when the next player attacks another player (any player) you should get black screen.

SikBok
    Keymaster

@Comprehensive Post:

As stated, we prefer to have a topic per issue. If you want to raise awareness about an issue by posting about it, please drop a link to the initial report so we can keep the discussion in one place. Both will help us find what we need to address reported issues, allowing is to fix moar : )>

Quick Update:
    1) Black Screen has been reproduced after discussing MOR with BBB. Have 3 of our Team Members at discussing how to fix this now : D>

3) The Great Stoning was fixed. That was the only Secret Spell to have the issue described. We checked them all.

4) Appears to occur when ping times are updated. Booking a task to have that looked at.

8) Has just been fixed for Dispel. Break Control works as intended.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.