Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

This topic contains 398 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  JonParkis 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 399 total)
  • Author

Today’s TS Q&A info:

Participants: Lennart Sas, Arno van Wingerden, Tom Bird
    Host: Daniel Goldberg
    It is at midday their time, which is just under 3 hours away as of this post.

Gloweye

Just under 4. As i post now, its 3.5 hours away

Oh damn, your right, im only 1 hour away from their timezome, doh!
    I shouldn’t be looking at these things at 7am lol.

Gloweye

Happens, especially in the morning (:

Draxynnic

…Unless they’re running early again.

Refineus

Hopefully, they do not speak about karaoke or favourite books. I believe people are more interested in the new game rather than backstories. 🙂

Gloweye

Iirc, the chat today at 12 is supposed to really be about the game. There some stories about game development in general with sikbok at 14:00.

Draxynnic

Honestly, I get the impression they’re taking questions from the floor this time, so there’s probably only so much fluff they’ll get away with. 😛

Fogcrow

I´m really looking forword to this since it looks like a succsessful next evolution step in terms of game mechanics.

About the setting…not so much. I would´ve preferred continuation in the same genre, and continuation of the story. Still, if you are making it, it will be awsome.

Bob5

The sci-fi setting is obviously a choice, and although you can’t really see those people here on the forums (since these forums are primarily populated by people that like the fantasy setting of AoW3), we have met people at the Con coming up to the booth that were not into fantasy stuff at all but are very enthusiastic about sci-fi settings.

LordTyrael

Looks pretty but i have to admit the sci-fi setting is not really my cup of tea.

However i do believe Triumph did the right thing with a fresh setting, as much as i wanted to see Age of wonders IV i think the time for it isn’t right yet, this game gives the opportunity to try new stuff and see how they work out so that(hopefully) a future Age of wonders IV can truly improve upon AoW3.

Rhaeg

They needed a 3 hour Q&A for planetfall, me thinks 😛

Gloweye

Dire Penguins almost confirmed.

Glad to hear the game is ready to be shown. Funny the first thing I said when they were talking about a new game was “a sci-fi AOW” and here it is (but to be honest I expected a 4X space style game with planet exploration). The Sci-fi/fantasy genre worked for the Warhammer universe, so why not for AOW! I can’t hide I am disappointed because I was waiting for a real AOW game (without Dark Elves AOWIII never really did it for me) – Still if Triumph makes it it’s going to be fun and very polished.

Can anyone on the floor get confirmation if the Quartzites are a dwelling species or a monster den independent creature?

Draxynnic

It’s not confirmation per se, but I’m pretty sure they were described as nonsapient, so I doubt they’re a dwelling.

Yea i went back and rewatched and saw the same thing which has me wondering now.

Rhaeg

It seems things are slowing down after an eventful weekend (it was eventful even for some of of the peeps who stayed at home, I think… did you even sleep last night iHK?) and since I don’t know where else to post it, here are my final weekend remarks:

• A big thank you to the forum peeps who kept posting like crazy here: BBB, Gloweye, Bob5… you brought us not only information but also some of the excitement you must have felt there in Sweden;
    • A big thank you also to all the Triumph peeps. I really thought we were getting AOW4 and was hoping for that, but it’s clear that Planetfall is a lot like AOW3 gameplay/mechanics-wise and it’s good to see so many familiar faces working on this game. The little I have seen this weekend gave me a very, very good feeling about Planetfall.
    • What’s going to be the best place to discuss Planetfall from now on? The AOW3 forums where somewhat hijacked for Planetfall this weekend, but Planetfall will get its own forums pretty soon I’m guessing. I also saw something about a paradox-forum-thingies-award on aow-planetfall.com, so we’re going there I assume?
    • Speaking about aow-planetfall.com, how do I get the wallpaper and especially the 2 songs by MICHIEL VAN DEN BOS!(!(!))?
    • I’m not looking foward to leaving these forums for some other place (it’s pretty sane here, I think 😉 ). Is there any other place where the old timers gather?
    • @ Triumph peeps: the Q&A session today was a bit short, could you perhaps take a look at some of the questions posted at http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/aow-planetfall-collected-knowledge/page/2/ and answer whatever you like to answer (most are iHK’s, you can safely ignore all of those if you answer my question 😛 )?

Cheers all, it was fun!

And now we wait for *gulp* 8 months or maybe even *double gulp* over 1,5 years…

*hysterical crying*

Edit: forgot to mention Tombles – he was especially cool again, I thought. I laughed 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Rhaeg.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Rhaeg.

Dr_K

And yes Dr_K, Ray is also involved in this project : D>

Awesome!

Are you guys going to be doing Dev Journals again for this game, or is that yet to be determined?

A developer *may* have mentioned dev diaries…

Rhaeg

Awesome!

Are you guys going to be doing Dev Journals again for this game, or is that yet to be determined?

What’s the alternative though? Staying silent until release?

Dr_K

What’s the alternative though? Staying silent until release?

Maybe. “Builds suspense” that way. Could have also just ended up doing various press releases.

A developer *may* have mentioned dev diaries…

Many thanks to you guys for the live reporting from the con.

Leon Feargus

On the Steam page I saw Spanish being one of the languages that are going to be included. That would be a wise move, me thinks.

Is this correct? Can someone confirm?

Gloweye

Afaik, nobody asked the devs about languages

Afaik, nobody asked the devs about languages

I asked Sikbok when he was talking to a pdx lady about it. I don’t know if you remember seeing her Gloweye, was a blond girl wearing a dress, socks and sandals…anyway turns out she is the odd contact for localisation.

Anyway I asked about Chinese and Spanish. She seemed very positive they’d both be in. I made sure to tell her that there was/is a vocal group demanding Spanish on the steam forums.

Obviously this isn’t a binding thing. It was a 5 minute conversation I had on Sunday morning so sorry for lack of details.

Zaskow

I’d prefer that fans make localizations. I’ve almost never played AoW3 in Russian, because weird localization and ugly fonts.

Arnout
    Keymaster

@zaskow At least we made improvements in Planetfall to the localization system! Among others XML is now split up per language, so when adding a new language one doesn’t need to edit & mess with the base files.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  Arnout.

Hiliadan

New poll launched: What do you think about AoW:Planetfall? Vote there: https://www.the-battlefield.com/aow3/index.php?page=bf_poll&pollnumber=33

On the March poll “What do you hope the new Triumph game will be?”, the answers were:
    Age of Wonders 4 155 (79% )
    A turn-based game related to Overlord 14 (7% )
    Entirely new game 37 (19% )
    Fantasy 48 (25% )
    Science fiction universe (e.g. space) 25 (13% )
    Other 2 (1% )

Thariorn

I’d prefer that fans make localizations. I’ve almost never played AoW3 in Russian, because weird localization and ugly fonts.

I just hope the way localizations were made during the endphase of AoW3/its expansions is going to be handled in a similiar fashion, that is, any user being “easily” able to add localization

Rhaeg

Damn, I have a problem… I was planning to go into cryo until game release, but my fridge is too small. Anyone has a spare giant fridge I could borrow for up to a year and a half? Thx.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.