Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Age of Wonders 3 Discussions Triumph’s New Game to be announced May 18th @ PDXCon!

This topic contains 398 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  JonParkis 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 399 total)
  • Author

Bob5

Well I guess I can stay up for one more drink.

its streamin from the paradox site I assume ?

I think it’s from twitch

Lannister

Damned northern hemisphere summer.

It’s messing with my body because I’m using to waking with the dawn.

I wonder if anyone has ever included that aspect when they’ve modelled seasons in a game.

I’ve suggested in the past that humans in aow should suffer a moral penalty when moving from winter to tropical^^

Even though i live here in Stockholm the last couple of weeks has been a torment (let’s not even mention the current insane concentration of pollen due to this), went from winter to summer in less than 2 week without spring T.T.!

Anyways looking forward to the announcement!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Lannister.

SeeR

Gloweye

Posting from pdxcon. Lennart was just on the stage, but didnt spoil anything yet. Couple more minutes, people!

Rhaeg

Ok, I’m watching the stream now, so gimme the new game already! Gimme gimme gimme!

Though I guess they will first announce a new Crusader Kings 2 DLC 😛

Edit: To the peeps who are in the audience over there: yell something obscene really loudly when the show starts so we have proof you’re really there, ok?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Rhaeg.

Jolly Joker

Watching the stream as well. 🙂 No idea why I feel a bit nervous.

Draxynnic

Ok, I’m watching the stream now, so gimme the new game already! Gimme gimme gimme!

Though I guess they will first announce a new Crusader Kings 2 DLC 😛

Edit: To the peeps who are in the audience over there: yell something obscene really loudly when the show starts so we have proof you’re really there, ok?

Obscene could be any random troll.

The correct call-phrase is “Meandor’s name be praised!”

Rhaeg

Nice, they will interview someone(s) from Triumph about the new game at 17:30 CET later today.

It’s began!

Jolly Joker

YES!!!!

planetfall.

first.

SeeR

Rhaeg

Not what I expected, a bit sad the AOW story will not continue, but I’ll definitely follow it to see what it will turn out to be. If it has lots of lore and story I’m sure I will like it.

Here’s the url for those who could not watch the stream: https://www.aow-planetfall.com/

Arnout
    Keymaster

Hiliadan

NIIIIIIIIIIIICEEEEEEEE!!!!!! Exactly what I wanted!!!
    So we have space for the Shadow Realm community expansion of AoW3, to bring the history of AoW3 further in Athla! 🙂

Rhaeg

Some cool screenshots on that website btw if you sign up, the overland map looks really AOW like and I’ve already seen where I will create my first settlement: “Crimson Euphoria Hotel & Spa” – now that sounds chill 😎

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Rhaeg.

Refineus

It looks great. I expected a new game and was curious. I feel there is still potential developing AOW III further and also possible making it an X 64 game.

One can only hope for another expansion 🙂

I look forward to Planetfall look interesting.

Draxynnic

Not what I expected, a bit sad the AOW story will not continue

Not yet, anyway. Although I did notice that it’s still under the AoW label, and AoW does have a greater universe. It could still be connected, although I don’t really see the Archons taking on those war machines…

Fenraellis

To be fair, the existence of this game does not preclude the continuation of the fantasy storyline.

Either way, not what I expected, obviously, but not unwelcome. I can certainly enjoy a good sci-fi strategy game, and have for… many… hours in the past.

The only point of concern I had from viewing the stream announcement was the implication of only three factions, if I heard that correctly? I suppose that’s an all-too frequently reoccurring number for strategy games, but it would still be a shame for a game with the “Age of Wonders” name. Then again, the suggested mod-ability of things may stretch things out, and the procedural generation of campaign stages was a very nifty thing to hear.

Jolly Joker

Couldn’t have been better. AoW Planetfall. Megacool. 😀

I hope JJ’s idea of heretic tech makes it in.

Motasa

Fantastic teaser trailer. I just wonder (pun intended) if the use of the Age of Wonders series for this title means the game will be a blend of (traditional) fantasy and sci-fi, or that the upcoming game merely uses it for name/game studio recognition.

Can’t wait to see and learn more about the upcoming game.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Motasa.

Draxynnic

Fantastic teaser trailer. I’m wonder (pun intended) if the use of the Age of Wonders series title means the game will be a blend of (traditional) fantasy and sci-fi, or that the upcoming game uses this title just for name/game studio recognition.

Can’t wait to see and learn more about the upcoming game.

Yeah, I was thinking myself it could be interesting if it’s set in the far future of the fantasy setting, with fantasy elements to demonstrate that. Although they’d probably need to be careful to avoid spoilers regarding the fate of Athla specifically.

TheSpeaker

The game looks awesome! Looking forward to learning more 🙂

Gloweye

Factions could be closer to classes than races….or they just picked a small selection. Devs mentioned showing screenshots only to prevent datamining.

Leyrann

The only point of concern I had from viewing the stream announcement was the implication of only three factions, if I heard that correctly? I suppose that’s an all-too frequently reoccurring number for strategy games, but it would still be a shame for a game with the “Age of Wonders” name.

The site has this blurb:

“Perfect your combat strategy in intense turn-based battles that offer tactical challenges, a large cast of races, units with customizable weapons, and destructible environments.”

so I don’t doubt we’ll have more than three races.

Also can I just say that this game looks flipping beautiful judging from the screenshots we have?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  Leyrann.

S2

So they are basically making a good/finished version of Civilizations – Beyond Earth?

I like that, although the title Age of Wonders might seem a bit out of place.

I’ll ask as many questions as possible and post answers and impressions.

@ Triumph Benny, Corne and Ajay, stuff looks ace.

Jolly Joker

I hope JJ’s idea of heretic tech makes it in.

I have the feeling that Planetfall might be a DLC heavy game – in a a good way, I mean. If the basic game works well (enough), the setting potentially offers practically unlimited opportunities to expand the game. “Heretic Tech” would need a situation where playable factions are dominated idelogically by something with a strong moral codex (it doesn’t have to be a “church”). At this stage I’d guess this would be expansion/dlc material.

The trailer is cool. Everything they said about the game was cool.
    It’s not cool that it’s resting on the laurels of AoW.

I really don’t care if it’s related through lore. AoW is a fantasy game with dwarves, undead, frostlings, archons, realm based magics. If all of these are not included, then it’s not AoW. It’s just another 4x game with similar mechanics.

Naming it after such an iconic game series… it’s madness. It’s as silly as endless space being called Master Of Orion: Endless space. I just don’t like it. Maybe I will be convinced over time. I’m going to buy it regardless, because it looks freaking cool. ^_^

Btw: Arno was heralded as an awesome nerd who is one us, on twitch comments. Passionate and excited. He got a bit tongue tied, which is totally fine ^^ if you read this buddy, know the entire community rallied behind you in that moment =]

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.