True Resurrect

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Balance True Resurrect

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dagoth Ur 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dagoth Ur

So this isn’t really a bug as it has been stated before that the odds of getting True Resurrect are too low to really be considered an issue and the mechanics weren’t worth changing because of that.

The problem is this: True Resurrect is also able to target enemy units that have fallen (mind control immunity doesn’t matter). I just got True Resurrect from clearing some site in 1.5 (don’t know if that was possible before but that’s not the point).

If you get True Resurrect, you have a major tool for leveraging in Tactical combat. Especially if the other player doesn’t know you have it. I had just taken a city from a Warlord using my leader stack on an island map (playing a Sorcerer myself). I thought I had surprised him but the turn after he attacked me with two Floating Sorcerer Heroes, 5 High Elf Gryphon Riders (with Thoroughbred Mounts) and 3 Fire Dragons. I had 3 Phantasm Warriors, a Spirit Elemental (from Sage), and an Eldritch Horror that I just had summoned after battle the turn before. I had 105 casting points. Retreated the leader to the back of my city and bum rushed a Fire Dragon when it crossed the wall, True Resurrected it. That was a pain for the other player but he decided to keep fighting, probably underestimating my casting points and the effect of the Fearsome ability on his Gryphon Riders. When his second Fire Dragon fell that was game for me.

Imagine what happens if someone gets True Resurrect in PBEM. T4 Unit in a Treasure Site? All yours.

TL;DR: True Resurrect is too good. Please limit it to friendly units only.

one could say True Resurrect teaches those players whom play strategy games without tactics that just because you like risk don’t mean every game of this type need to be played that way. I like True Resurrect it forces me to focus and use tactics to keep my TIV’s save. please don’t dumb down the game to make the dumb happy!

Dagoth Ur

Alright sorry for this late reply, I just noticed this.

one could say True Resurrect teaches those players whom play strategy games without tactics that just because you like risk don’t mean every game of this type need to be played that way. I like True Resurrect it forces me to focus and use tactics to keep my TIV’s save.

I would argue it’s the other way around. Having access to True Resurrect means it doesn’t matter what strategy you choose, just go into Dungeons, Dwellings, Ziggurats etc… and get ‘free’ T4’s. In single player you can choose not to use it and it’s just a nuisance if the AI gets it, in multiplayer it’s imbalanced.

please don’t dumb down the game to make the dumb happy!

null

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.