Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

This topic contains 439 replies, has 112 voices, and was last updated by  Weltenreiter 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 440 total)
  • Author

iceboy

Possible diplomacy bug?

Sometimes when I offer a peace treaty and it is not accepted the AI will renegotiate for a better deal except it offers me gold and mana instead of requesting it? Should it not be the other way around?

Arnout
    Keymaster

@iceboy Could you past this in bug forum and send the save game to savegames@triumphstudios.com? Tnx!

Mythabril

Love what you did with the underground. Lots of twists and turns, small caves with treasure sites or dwellings, lava lakes and water.

I wonder if it is a lot of work to get the depths in as an option for the RMG. Then the all underground goblin free for all matches would be even more awesome.

Drasanil

You’re right, that is a bug! I have no idea how it broke, but it will be fixed in the next update :)

Woot I contributed! Thanks for clearing it up 🙂

iceboy

@iceboy Could you past this in bug forum and send the save game to savegames@triumphstudios.com? Tnx!

Sent! Thanks!

chronobomb

New bug discovered.

When I reload, occasionally I just get a black screen.

I used to reload a hundred times to get the item I wanted without ever seeing this problem. Now if I reload once or twice I get a black screen and have to close AoW3 through the program manager.

Sond

Same here regarding loading last autosave file and getting black screen.

Seems to happen when I try to reload directly after a battle. If I click on the next pending unit waiting orders, then it seems to happen less, but if I try and reload immediately following losing a battle or surrendering a battle with the intent of reloading I (not always, but quite often) get a black screen and need to end process to get out of the game.

Arnout
    Keymaster

Thanks for reporting, we’re currently looking into the black screen issue.

Tombles
    Keymaster

31st March 2015, version 1.542

• Fixed an issue when the back button on the Tome Of Wonders wouldn’t work if you’d come from a Structure page.
    • Fixed issue where chat window was being updated every frame
    • Fixed issue where AI thought seal victory was enabled when it was not
    • Fixed issue where AI would make a counter offer which was not benefical for it
    • Dampening Field is now tier 5, 700 knowledge (was tier 6, 1200 knowledge). Casting cost is now 15 mana (was 20 mana)
    • Reduced the chance of Overload stunning the target by 5%
    • Ships now Inflict Immolation with their ranged attacks when they reach Gold medal.
    • Fixed an issue where spells cast on vassal cities weren’t properly removed when the city was captured.
    • When you cast a spell to try and wake up the tactical AI when attacking a treasure site, the AI will now occasionally ignore you and stay put.
    • Added message to inform player there is a stack on the other end of the teleporter
    • Fixed issue where AI could offer open borders even though it would go to war next turn
    • Demanding a Tribute from a Vassal is now locked by the same cooldown as absorbing the vassal into your empire. Making a demand, resets the cooldown
    • Added a checkbox to the independent city screen that allows you to receive an event when the cooldown for buying vassalage/absorbing a city/demanding a tribute runs out
    • Added absorb city tooltip to independent city interface
    • Added a popup to the sustained spell overview, the popup lists the description of the spell as well as the name of the city the spell is cast on (if appropriate)
    • Goblin Engineer now has Inflict Noxious Vulnerability, -2 physical ranged damage, -2 fire ranged damage, +5 blight ranged damage. Cost is 72 gold, 13 (was 63 gold, 9 mana)
    • Goblin Phalanx now has Life Stealing. Cost is 135 gold, 27 mana(was 126 gold, 27 mana)
    • Goblin Warbreed now has Disgusting Stench, cost is 153 gold, 36 mana (was 144 gold, 36 mana)
    • Goblin Crusader now has Demolisher
    • Orc Engineer now has Razor Projectiles, cost is 75 gold, 10 mana (was 70 gold, 10 mana)
    • Orc Succubus now has war cry, cost is 175 gold, 30 mana (was 170 gold, 30 mana)
    • Orc Shaman now has black bolts instead of poison bolts.
    • Draconian Engineer now has Inflict Immolation, cost is 80 gold, 10 mana (was 70 gold, 10 mana)
    • Draconian Crusader now has Improved Wall Climbing, cost is 75 gold, 10 mana (was 70 gold, 10 mana)
    • High Elf Musketeteers now have Forest Concealment, cost is 85 gold, 10 mana (was 80 gold, 10 mana)
    • Dwarf Monster Hunter gets a Heavy Crossbow, cost is 88 gold, 22 mana (was 77 gold, 22 mana)
    • Dwarf Bard now has Shoot Heavy Crossbow, cost is 99 gold, 11mana (was 88 gold, 11 mana)
    • Human Warbreed now has Swimming, cost is 170 gold, 40 mana (was 160 gold, 40 mana)
    • Human Exalted now has 8 spirit, 10 physical melee attack (was 3 spirit, 14 physical), cost is 165 gold, 30 mana (was 160 gold, 30 mana)
    • Halfling Mounted Archer now has resistance 11 (was 9), cost is 100 gold, 30 mana (was 100 gold, 20 mana)
    • Halfling Assassin now gets Very Lucky on Gold, instead of Inflict Crippling Wounds.
    • Halfling Crusader now gets Backstab on Gold
    • Fixed german name of Summon Bone Dragon
    • The size of Tributes a vassal city gives now scales with the relation the player has with the city. The more a city likes you, the better rewards it will give you.
    • Increased the relation penalty for demanding a tribute from a city to 500 (was 400), penalty lasts for 10 turns (was 20 turns)
    • Fixed an issue where the system would fail quests if the quest target was killed by magic on the world map
    • Fixed an issue where Inns would apparently be empty, even though they had units that could be hired
    • Fixed an issue where a diplomacy tooltip would sometimes vanish
    • Fixed an issue where Gold Medal apprentices would drown if they leveled up over the water
    • Production Resource pickups now give you a choice between two possible pickups, rather than choosing one upgrade for you
    • Reduced gold rewards from Ziggurats
    • The Great Mobilization now correctly grants all machines +2 damage, rather than just +2 melee damage.
    • The Great Mobilization now grants +8 move points to Musketeers and Engineers. This bonus will not stack with Trail Running on Engineers.
    • Added Mariner ability TML Tag
    • Creation Condemn Killing Spell buffs only friendly units now. Fixed the {} as well
    • Human Race description fixes
    • French Interface fixes
    • Fixed the typo found in the ‘Transform Mana Node’ spells descriptions
    • Fixed Arcane Arrows XML links
    • Orc Razorbow now has 42hp (was 37) and 9 melee strength (was 8)
    • Fixed High Elf Mounted Archers having Shoot Bow instead of Shoot Longbow
    • Fixed a crash when selecting beacon fire from the tome of wonders
    • Fixed units not updating their morale properly when the terrain around them was changed by magic
    • Fixed bad strings when casting node conversion spells.
    • The Dragon Slayer Party hero upgrade now also gives Draconian Slayer, costs 3 points instead of 4
    • Events about cities offering tributes will now turn up in the TO DO event list so they’re harder to miss
    • Removed a piece of code that prevented players getting tributes from vassals when they have negative gold income
    • Added text to the descriptions of a number of unit abilities and hero upgrades to indicate that they don’t affect undead, machine and/or elemental units.
    • Fixed issue where the player could not accept alliance from an independent city if it was being offered together with peace
    • Lost City Modifier is now only applied when you lose a city that is not occupied
    • Changed diplomacy gold to mana ratio to 1:1 (was 2:1) fixes exploits
    • Fixed issue where trespassing/enemy in domain modifers where not correctly removed
    • Quest completed event is no longer informative, event remains in list until reward is selected
    • Fixed issue where race command achievements would be unlocked when feature was not active
    • Fixed fps drop on overview map when lots of cities were visible (label updating slowdown)
    • Added additional tooltips to independent city interface
    • Added flag to item data to make some items not sellable (eggs summoned by sorcerer are now longer sellable)

Tombles
    Keymaster

Chronobomb and Sond, I believe the black screen bug you guys were havign shoudl be fixed as well.

Have fun everyone!

Mythabril

I was waiting for this one. Thank you!

Kozzie

The Dragon Slayer Party hero upgrade now also gives Draconian Slayer, costs 3 points instead of 4

time to go drac hunting xD

DadouXIII

Thanks for the huge patch! Do you even sleep guys? 😀

Epaminondas

In spite of my complaints, the devs for this game are the BEST. If I complain, it is only because human beings are not satisfied with the merely very good and ask for the impossible, the perfect! 😉

jayydor

“Fixed fps drop on overview map when lots of cities were visible (label updating slowdown)”

this helps a lot, thanks!

Maximo

I just wanted to see that thing with production ressources in action, but it seems that the RMG doesn’t spawn those any longer. Can somebody comfirm that?

Tibbles

I just wanted to see that thing with production ressources in action, but it seems that the RMG doesn’t spawn those any longer. Can somebody comfirm that?

Working for me

marlowe221

Just want to thank the developers for their tireless work on this already amazing game!

syntax_vi

nice new set of features!

One thing I noticed is that Vassal defenders should perhaps increase over time? I’m turn 136 in a XL game with many emperors and the poor vassal cities just can’t defend themselves. A dragon city (which used to be more powerful in earlier version) just had a couple of dragons and 3 wyverns. Easy pickings I’m afraid.

I understand why they shouldn’t start all beefed up, but it would be nice if they got stronger as the game progressed.

Tombles
    Keymaster

syntax_vi, this patch also has the memory leak fix I mentioned to you. I just realised I forgot to add a patch note for it. Please let me know if it performs any better!

Sond

Another nice update.

iceboy

syntax_vi, this patch also has the memory leak fix I mentioned to you. I just realised I forgot to add a patch note for it. Please let me know if it performs any better!

Yes I was also noticing a memory leak when I ran the game in debug mode! Thanks for the awesome fixes!!!

MadGAD

Nice update! Will see how this fixes work on some some user-made custom maps that became a little bit broken before changing diplomatic system.

And one thing I found for now. I found my very-very old sabegame made even before Hobbits Expansion. It was made with Spinoza cheat. After loading that savegame now I found that nothing is broken. And game loads as it should. So, if you just cut all necro stuff from that cheat, it may be returned to game without any problems.

I should check now how friendly independent army speaks with player. In earlier 1.5 beta they used a dialog screen of a hero with same options.

ephafn

Does this include the random crash when starting battles that me (and others) had reported? If so, that’s great!

Astraflame

Gj.

Gloweye

Does this include my version, or aren’t you sure about that? (I’ll tell you friday if that’s the case…)

Tombles
    Keymaster

Does this include the random crash when starting battles that me (and others) had reported? If so, that’s great!

It’s possible yeah. I don’t know the details (I’m a gameplay programmer, not an engine one), but I believe the game was leaking memory each time it saved (I’m not sure if it was every save, or just quick saves). If you play long enough, or use quick save save a lot, then eventually the game would be taking up so much space that doing something that needs a lot of memory, like entering combat, or saving if you’re playing on a large map, would cause a CTD.

I’m really hoping it is fixed, these crashes are very hard to track down because all we can see from logs and DMP files is that the system ran out of memory, there’s not much info about why. My personal theory is that it’s a particular type of save (maybe quick save?) which causes the issue, and that the people who get the problem use that save a lot. I say this because it only is a small subset of people who have the issue, and I’ve never been able to track down a common factor that links them all together. I thought it was low memory laptops and things, but then Syntax comes along with it too, and his PC is almost identical to mine, except his has twice as much RAM, and I’ve never had the issue.

Zaskow

Glad to see, that a lot of my suggestions was used.

Bob5

I hope that the memory fix also fixes it for me. I don’t know exactly how much memory the game should usually consume on a 7 player large map with UG, but for me it consumed well over 1.5GB after a couple of turns of playing (with autosave on every turn). My laptop is quite low-tech for gaming with only 3GB of RAM total, but it was always able to run the game just fine on low graphics. Enabling the 3GB switch on on my laptop has alleviated the issue though even prior to this patch.

2McCoy7

^^Is this the “out of memory” problem we were seeing in our logfiles?
    And also was this memory leak fix for all Operating Systems?

My personal theory is that it’s a particular type of save (maybe quick save?) which causes the issue, and that the people who get the problem use that save a lot.

^^Unfortunately it was not caused by quicksaves or autosaves. I always use the menu save just out of habit as other games I have played for years have corrupt save issues with quicksaves and autosaves. So you can rule that one out lol

However when I noticed a pattern of crashing I did start to save more often lol

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.