Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

This topic contains 439 replies, has 112 voices, and was last updated by  Weltenreiter 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 440 total)
  • Author

Fenraellis

+1 Def(on top of the innate racial +1 Def) and Armored for all of their Supports except for Succubi(they just couldn’t justify it enough), is actually a really solid buff. Not only does it mean that all of their Supports are now TWO Defense higher than the other races, but it means they can have Enchanted Armor for +2/+1 Def/Res, AND they can get the T5 Military Meteoric Armor upgrade for another +2 Def, Armor Piercing Immunity and +40% Fire/Frost Protection. Putting them at a maximum net potential of +4 Def, +2 Res and +40% Fire/Frost Protection over that of the other races.

Frostlings get their +2 Frost damage(melee/ranged, and as a new channel if not previously existing) and Frost Aura, Tigrans get Invigorate, and Elves get to ignore Line of Sight Penalties.

Dwarves ‘just’ get to be uber tanks.

Gloweye

Frostlings get their +2 Frost damage(melee/ranged, and as a new channel if not previously existing) and Frost Aura,

(Note that Succubi will be getting 4-channel Bane Fire, as well as Frost Aura to boost their poor Succubus Melee.)

Athei

Bug: All goblin units have +2 more defense and resistance than they should have while in combat. For instance Goblin Untouchable have 8 def and 8 res while inspecting details, but in combat 10 def and 10 res…

And I think you buffed Goblins a little too much overall…

Gloweye

Bug: All goblin units have +2 more defense and resistance than they should have while in combat. For instance Goblin Untouchable have 8 def and 8 res while inspecting details, but in combat 10 def and 10 res…

And I think you buffed Goblins a little too much overall…

Can you provide some more details? Were they owned by you or the enemy? Perhaps in Guard Mode?

Athei

Can you provide some more details? Were they owned by you or the enemy? Perhaps in Guard Mode?

I started the game again to take the screenshots, but I couldn’t replicate the bug…
    It was not guard mode, they had no hero in the army, they were recruits only and without buffs… We fought on wetlands, they like that terrain, so maybe something with that?

Oh, and it was Elven Resurgence scenario, I finally decided to give it a shot 🙂
    maybe a bug related to that?

Athei

Yeah, I cannot replicate the bug, if it was the bug at all…

But I still think the goblins have been buffed too much. For instance tier 1 ork infantry has 10 def with armored, elf infantry 10 def with armored, and goblin 10 def without armored :/

Gyor

How poor is a Frostling Succubus melee when they can soft up enemies with with throw curse, Inflict Chilling, and Enfeebling Fever, and they fly which means setting up flanking is easy getting +2 physical melee and +2 Frost Damage melee. Plus by Gold they have life stealing and regeneration so a Succubus can take a good hard pounding and dish it as well. And that’s without other buffs like Magic Academy, Altar of Bound Souls, Altar of Blood,Age of Deception, hearts of…

Morty

My game is from GOG, so I can’t try the patch, but I’m really not sure about giving more goblin units blight damage instead of physical. Is making them even more reliant on a very commonly resisted, or outright ignored, damage type really a good idea?

Mythabril

My game is from GOG, so I can’t try the patch, but I’m really not sure about giving more goblin units blight damage instead of physical. Is making them even more reliant on a very commonly resisted, or outright ignored, damage type really a good idea?

It makes them more reliant on Blight Doctors against blight resistant enemies. Those were boosted by giving Weaken a medium range instead of short. So with Inflict Noxious Vulnerability, Disgusting Strength and Weaken, Goblins need to be a bit more tactical to apply their blight damage consistently.

haloloki

How poor is a Frostling Succubus melee when they can soft up enemies with with throw curse, Inflict Chilling, and Enfeebling Fever, and they fly which means setting up flanking is easy getting +2 physical melee and +2 Frost Damage melee. Plus by Gold they have life stealing and regeneration so a Succubus can take a good hard pounding and dish it as well. And that’s without other buffs like Magic Academy, Altar of Bound Souls, Altar of Blood,Age of Deception, hearts of…

*cough* royal guard/pledge of protection*cough*

Athei

They are literally Elven slayers now…

Morty

It makes them more reliant on Blight Doctors against blight resistant enemies. Those were boosted by giving Weaken a medium range instead of short. So with Inflict Noxious Vulnerability, Disgusting Strength and Weaken, Goblins need to be a bit more tactical to apply their blight damage consistently.

Blight doctors can strip blight resistance away, sure. But I worry it’ll make them a crutch for goblins whenever they run into undead, machines or various monsters.

They are literally Elven slayers now…

They are, yeah. But you’ll be fighting blight-resistant and blight-immune enemies a lot more than elves and fey.

Man, loved this new patch, especially what you guys did with the Dwarfs and Orcs!! I just love the new changes and the new abilities.

I have to agree with whoever said that now Dwarf Monster Hunter are beasts! Last game I was playing a Dwarf Warlord Double Air Explorer, and I was luck to get a Trading Post near my First town. After a couple of turns I was mass producting Dwarf Monster Hunter with the Mercenary Bonuses + Trail Running!! That was freaking amazing, running 40 ranged/Meele unit, with Dwarfs defenses at some point I had them with 16-17 defenses (with the Warlord bonus) and 80 Hit points (on gold medal), I could face ANY army of tier 3 units with these guys. So yeah, love it. Also the scouts helped a lot early game.

I can’t wait to play the expansion, and see what Orcs and Dwarfs got on their Racial Governance Military upgrades.

So yeah 10/10 on this patch!

Got double post of my last message somehow, sorry about that. Can any of the mod delete this post for me? Thanks.

MadGAD

I’ma little bit slowpoke but I start a campaign with beta and found that many of beta features comes to main, original campaign between elven court and commonwealth. Will it be possible to use all DLCs features in main campaigns or game structure too complicated and will not add Expansion content, only main game patch?

Tombles
    Keymaster

3rd April 2015, version 1.544

• It is now no longer possible to build Harbors without shipbuilding researched
    • Call Lightning can now stun undead and machines, can no longer stun elementals (this makes it the same as other stun abilities)
    • Defensive Strike now costs 2 points in the Item Forge (was 1)
    • The first settler you buy in a game is now half price.
    • If you demand a tribute from a city within 6 turns of being given a tribute by that same city, the size of the tribute will be reduced
    • If you play a local, non-campaign game, against AIs of lord level or below, the system will notice when you lose units in the first few turns and occasionally spawn stacks near your throne which you can pay gold to recruit.
    • Fixed an issue where units built from a city would spawn on melting ice and then instantly drown
    • Path of XXX abilities will no longer work underground
    • Fixed an issue where city defense upgrades would help attackers, when defending against independent raiders next to a vassal city
    • Fixed an issue where Inns would refill after reloading a save game
    • All structures in random generated maps now have defenders when inside a domain of independent city, except for common resource structures: Gold Mine, Mana Node, Magma Forge, Great Farm.
    • The random map generator now has more variety in the resource structures spawned around independent cities.
    • The random map generator now generates less mountains on continent maps when using the default settings.
    • When attacking a structure, any special combat effects, like Mass Curse, will be displayed with small icons in the right hand side of the entering combat dialog
    • Various meshes and textures have been updated to reduce memory use and speed up rendering on some machines
    • Fixed an issue where selecting a structure would sometimes cause it to report incorrect income levels
    • Drench The Lands can now convert hexes under roads
    • Drench The Lands and Cleanse The Lands now properly mark the hexes they will affect as you prepare to cast them
    • Drench The Lands and Cleanse The Lands can now no longer be cast on locations where they would have no effect
    • Dread Spider Queen now has Fear Strike on Gold medal (was inflict noxious vulnerability)
    • Lesser Frost Elemental now has Projectile Avoidance, and gains Inflict Chilling on Trooper
    • Frost Elemental now has Projectile Avoidance and Inflict Chilling, and gains Defensive Strike on Veteran
    • Feral Mount now lasts 3 turns when applied by Revive Instinct or Control Animal
    • Archdruid hero upgrade Inflict Bleeding Wounds is now unlocked at level 3 (was level 9)
    • Archdruid heroes can now learn Call Lightning at level 11, for 7 points.
    • Archdruid heroes can now learn Regrowth at level 11, for 10 points.
    • Rogue heroes can now learn Total Awareness at level 11, for 10 points.
    • Warlord heroes can now learn War Cry at level 3 for 2 points
    • High Elf cities now have -10% population growth
    • Fixed an issue where seals would spawn more and more defenders until they were surruunded by uber-death stacks of unspeakable power (yes, that was actually a bug)
    • Fixed some quivers not properly giving physical damage to ranged attacks
    • Projectile Resistance now protects units against flanking attacks as well as nonflanking ones
    • Mend Magical Being now works on all summoned units, not just those with the Magical Origin tag
    • Indy city negotiation events no longer spawn when city has quest available
    • Fixed issue where betrayal completed event would not close correctly
    • Fixed bug in specialization picking when one of the new specializations was pick (halted picking of further specializations)
    • Fixed issue where lost city modifier was applied when trading a city
    • Fixed issue where movement flags where not correctly update after combat in some situations
    • Fixed issue where a leader that surrenedred to you wouldn’t get special abilities, like Harbingers of Death

Tombles
    Keymaster

I’m a little bit slowpoke but I start a campaign with beta and found that many of beta features comes to main, original campaign between elven court and commonwealth. Will it be possible to use all DLCs features in main campaigns or game structure too complicated and will not add Expansion content, only main game patch?

Some of the expansion stuff will appear in the main campaign, but mostly it won’t. The campaign was deigned to be played without expansion stuff, also, a lot of hte story wouldn’t make sens if all of a sudden Halflings were wandering around before they’d even been “discovered” 🙂

Dagoth Ur

Arch Druid heroes. <3

Tombles
    Keymaster

It’s a special midnight easter update!

It was supposed to be out 5 or 6 hours ago, but I was playing Pillars Of Eternity and I forgot :3

Have a good easter guys!

Motasa

High Elf cities now have -10% population growth

So now those pesky pointy-ears reproduce just as fast as the Dwarfs!

But seriously, was this considered out of lore – which I always found a good reason for reduced growth of Elven cities – or more out of balance considerations.

Projectile Resistance now protects units against flanking attacks as well as nonflanking ones

Nice. Didn’t see why armour would suddenly be more susceptible from the rear, unless the unit was seen as more nimble, hence avoiding the arrows more easily.

Lesser Frost Elemental now has Projectile Avoidance, and gains Inflict Chilling on Trooper

Frost Elemental now has Projectile Avoidance and Inflict Chilling, and gains Defensive Strike on Veteran

Projectile Avoidance = Projectile Resistance? Glad the Frost Elemental is buffed a little, as it is the most brittle (rhyme :)) Elemental and overshadowed (pun intended :)) by the Shadow Stalker.

Tombles
    Keymaster

The high elf thing was both lore and balance, a lot of people were complaining they had the best class unit varints and that their weakness of blight vulnerability wasn’t enough.

And yes projectil avoidance is the name of projectil resistance in some of the data files, we’re trying to fix the inconsistency so it’s just resistance, like the name and description says it should be 🙂

Motasa

Have a good easter guys!

You too. Hope all of you will recover from some days off. With the release date coming closer and closer, you’ll probably need some extra energy for the final week.

Sond

Thanks for the update! I was just about to start a new game and got a patch, I was like “What? On a Saturday before Easter?” I have said it before, but you guys are doing really good things, I hope this expansion sells very well for you.

Windscion

The new patch has a bit saying EL is available, which it isn’t. 🙁

Weltenreiter

Onoes, my Life Drain/Defensive Strike Swords. D: D: D:

All the thumbs up for the new learnable hero abilities though, awesome. (You forgot Defstrike learnable by Warlord though. :P)

Weltenreiter

too late to edit:
    Projectile Resitance is a bugfix, not a buff, right? I was under the impression that it wasn’t supposed to be flank-vulnerable in the first place.
    (Or maybe imagining that was just my mental gymnastics to explain same item forge cost – more situational in exchange for less counterable protection)

not too late to edit again:
    Remind me if Call Lightning takes other inflict effects other than its innate stun (like the bleed druids also get. but any, really)?

still not too late:
    Man, non-guarding double-tapping Rogue Total Awareness tanks. Who even wants Def Strike on their weapon anyway? I am excited. Are you excited?

Tombles
    Keymaster

Projectile Resitance is a bugfix, not a buff, right? I was under the impression that it wasn’t supposed to be flank-vulnerable in the first place.

It kind of was, half the team thought it was a “Dodge projectiles” ability, which you can see from the icon, and the fact it’s been given to some of the more agile units, like unarmored dwarves. The other half thought it was a “resist projectiles” ability, which you can see from the name, and the fact it’s been given to skeletal units. Now it’s only the latter!

too late to edit:<br>
    Remind me if Call Lightning takes other inflict effects other than its innate stun (like the bleed druids also get. but any, really)?

It does not, about the only thing that affects it is Dragon Ancestry.

Bob5

What was the reason behind buffing Archdruid heroes so much?

Fenraellis

The fact that they don’t really have very useful high level upgrades.

— Party Dense Vegetation concealment
    (Questionably useful at best.)
    — Party Volunteer
    (Doesn’t apply to mana upkeep costs, so again, questionably useful, circumstantially. Also, more expensive than the Theocrat version, for the same effect. I think might still be, at least.)
    — Inflict Bleeding Wounds
    (Moved to level 3 because really, level 9 for Bleeding Wounds?)

Also, having 17(3 1/2 levels) more skill points worth of upgrades is rough in its own way.

Zaskow

What was the reason behind buffing Archdruid heroes so much?

Archdruid was a bit lacking useful high-tier abilities.

Viewing 30 posts - 361 through 390 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.