Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

This topic contains 439 replies, has 112 voices, and was last updated by  Weltenreiter 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 440 total)
  • Author

Bob5

I guess that’s true for leaders indeed. For the heroes I tend to invest in their casting capabilities. Savage Rage and Revitalize support are amazing for Node Serpents for instance. Hornet Swarm is also nice, and Ancestral Spirits are great displosable distractions. Vengeful Vines and Twisting Roots are a bit situational, but especially Twisting Roots is quite nice when playing Sorcerer as all of your summons float or fly. For Sorcerers they also keep up with floating summons thanks to Free Movement and Swimming, and they grant healing support for Apprentices (who in turn grant healing support for the summons). They’re my number one heroes when I’m playing Sorcerer.

Zaskow

Anyway, possibility to create tank of any class is great thing.

Athei

Bug: Independent city not becoming a vassal even though I finished the quest – It is marked completed in the quest tab, but they are still not my vassals, and I have an option of buying them.

Concern: Possible exploit of “Release as Vassal” option – I had 2 elven outposts on their hated terrain, so I released them as vassals 3-4 times now, every time using “it’s time for you to join…” to buy the back, each time gaining +50 aliment and race happiness bonus

Question: Are there coastal battle location? Every time I fought with one stack on land and other in the watter, a battle was fought on a swampy kind of battle map…

Tombles
    Keymaster

Concern: Possible exploit of “Release as Vassal” option – I had 2 elven outposts on their hated terrain, so I released them as vassals 3-4 times now, every time using “it’s time for you to join…” to buy the back, each time gaining +50 aliment and race happiness bonus

This shouldn’t be possible, there’s supposed to be a system in place to prevent you getting the bonuses from cities you’ve released as cities yourself. Do you have a save game that we could look at? You can email it to us at:

savegames@triumphstudios.com

Thanks!

Bug: Independent city not becoming a vassal even though I finished the quest – It is marked completed in the quest tab, but they are still not my vassals, and I have an option of buying them.

Did you actually accept the quest reward when you completed the quest? You can check by clicking on the quest in the quest tab to bring it’s window up. Another posibility is that you click the “Sell Reward” button to get gold, instead of the “Accept reward” button? Otherwise, that is definitely a bug. If you could send a save game to the above address too, that would be great!

Question: Are there coastal battle location? Every time I fought with one stack on land and other in the watter, a battle was fought on a swampy kind of battle map…

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer off the top of my head… I have a feeling that the beaches are a type of Wet Lands, which would explain why the system thinks they’re swamps. I’ll have to check on Tuesday if that’s a mistake, or if a beach tactical combat map was never added.

Athei

I sent you email with the savegame just now, please take a look when you can.

Also I’m quite certain that “independent city not becoming a vassal” is indeed a bug, because when I try clicking on that quest in the quest tab, it pops up only for an instant but I can see that I still have to choose either money or vassalage, and I cannot because it is completed…

I’ll have to check on Tuesday if that’s a mistake, or if a beach tactical combat map was never added.

If not that would be a shame, especially because I think you can just rework “Master Shipyard” combat map for coast combat map (without the structures), and bridge combat map for the riverbank combat map (without the bridge itself ofc).

syntax_vi

I’m going to keep peppering this one at you guys, but now that ‘land’ type maps have big oceans and oodles of resources they need to have indie defender / roamers. The oceans are so safe in comparison to the rest of the map, and allow for super easy expansion / exploration even with independents set to strong!

Tombles
    Keymaster

7th April 2015, version 1.545

• Fixed not being able to open quest windows from the quest overview
    • Fixed Inflict Abilities being applied twice to Flash Bang grenade ability
    • Life Draining and Life Stealing can no longer be added to Shields in the item forge.
    • Fixed an issue where the game’s free units for new players system would think you’d lost 200g worth of units each time you founded a city
    • Reduced the number of units the free units for new players system would offer from 80% of units lost to 60% of units lost
    • When units offer to join, they will now vanish after 2 turns rather than sticking around for ever
    • Absorbing city and releasing as vassal modifiers are now only applied once per city
    • Necromantic Aura is no longer available in the item forge
    • Fixed a major frame rate slow down in the world map

Tombles
    Keymaster

We’re pretty much in lock down now, so only serious issues are going to be fixed. No more little balance changes I’m afraid, unless they fix serious exploits (like the Necromantic Aura shield). Please feel free to keep posting feedback, though! It could still be used in a future patch 🙂

Zaskow

Yep. I’m too late with my topic about diversity. 🙁

Weltenreiter

Life Draining and Life Stealing can no longer be added to Shields in the item forge.

I dislike this, imo it eliminates a lot of interesting decisions from the forge. I found which 2 of Life Drain, Life Tap, Defender and Exploit Despair to take in hand slots was a pretty interesting decision at least for guard based tanks.

Now its basically 3 different fixed shield slot picks (2 channel quiver or Defender or Static Shield) firmly dicated by build and that’s it. I has a sad.

A better “fix” would have been to toss a few sword icons into the shield section so we can represent double life tapping better (some wand/orb models for caster ranged boost items while you at it).

Or, you know, nerf Life Tap and Life Drain stacking, but I think Fallen Angel is going to need it for her Total Awareness tanking to be decent, so that’s probably not the preferred choice.

A major current problem is that those troops who volunteer their services to you stay in the tile they appeared indefinitely if you refuse them as far as I can tell. This means that your cities end up surrounded by neutral units who won’t budge.

Tombles
    Keymaster

A major current problem is that those troops who volunteer their services to you stay in the tile they appeared indefinitely if you refuse them as far as I can tell. This means that your cities end up surrounded by neutral units who won’t budge.

You’re right! I did fix that actually, I just forgot to add a patch note for it 🙂 I’ve updated the patch notes now!

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>david_mcmurdo wrote:</div>

You’re right! I did fix that actually, I just forgot to add a patch note for it :) I’ve updated the patch notes now!

Awesome. Thanks. I didn’t think something like that would be overlooked.

Maximo

The partizan’s passive ability (folk hero) still doesn’t grant you the 10% discount on independent cities.

I’m sure you guys are aware of this already, but just in case… there’s currently a problem where if you change anything in the options menus, no matter how minor, when you click to confirm those changes the resolution of the game resets. As far as I can tell this only started happening with the second last beta update.

But again, I’m sure this is meant to be for now.

Sedghammer

I’m digging the “units joining” mechanic – looking forward to the new play styles that this is going to open up. I completely missed the change in the notes, then was greeted with an offer last night and was pleasantly surprised.

On a different note, thank you Tombles for the excellent Let’s Play on Gamespot. It was a pleasure to watch.

Fenraellis

m digging the “units joining” mechanic – looking forward to the new play styles that this is going to open up. I completely missed the change in the notes, then was greeted with an offer last night and was pleasantly surprised.

Don’t forget that this only applies when playing offline against AI. Also, only to Squire, Knight and Lord difficulties, with a progressively smaller turn limit before the game will stop checking your losses to see if you deserve replacements.

Sedghammer

Don’t forget that this only applies when playing offline against AI. Also, only to Squire, Knight and Lord difficulties, with a progressively smaller turn limit before the game will stop checking your losses to see if you deserve replacements.

Interesting, thanks for your reply. That’s very well thought out if it’s based on progress in the game.

Tombles
    Keymaster

9th April 2015, version 1.547

• Heroes no longer keep abilities from equipped items when they transform, because it causes the game to crash 🙁
    • Fixed tactical combat debug cheats working in multiplayer and PBEM games
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the Quest Complete window from closing when you accepted a reward
    • Added Apprentices to Mana node, Knowledge scrolls and catalyst defender spawns
    • Fixed an issue where resolution would reset when playing in fullscreen mode on Windows and changing options
    • Fixed a rare crash that occurred when winning a campaign map
    • Immolating Touch is now strength 16 (was 11)
    • Fixed PBEM achievements
    • New loading screens added for Tigrans and Necromancers

Zaskow

Immolating Touch is now strength 16 (was 11)

Good, good.

Fawkes

I hope it’s not too late for a minor UI fix?

It would be nice if ESC key could be used for cancelling of all the messages that are displayed when you load a savegame. As it is now, you can avoid clicking on “Start” button by pressing ESC key, but then you HAVE to mouse-click manually on “Close” button for all the other messages. Later in the game, there can be a lot of those, various combat reviews, production info, etc.

Akinaba

Not sure where to ask, but could we have an Ancestral Sprit spawn on Spring of Life and Creation (and maybe Earth) Node?

I hope it’s not too late for a minor UI fix?

It would be nice if ESC key could be used for cancelling of all the messages that are displayed when you load a savegame. As it is now, you can avoid clicking on “Start” button by pressing ESC key, but then you HAVE to mouse-click manually on “Close” button for all the other messages. Later in the game, there can be a lot of those, various combat reviews, production info, etc.

Right click lets you get rid of the messages quickly.

Fawkes

Right click lets you get rid of the messages quickly.

Some, but not all. Battle reports like “You attacked independents …and won”, “You have captured watchtower”, etc. you can dismiss ONLY by mouse clicking on the “Close” button. The game is virtually frozen until you do: you cannot right-click away other messages, select units, towns… anything. There can be dozens of such messages later in the game, and depending on the type of the message “Close” button can be on different locations on the screen.

Weltenreiter

I thought the insanely irritating message spam on load was fixed/removed with the beta?
    Or maybe that was just my wrong impression because the nerf to treasure site loot reduced my save scumming massively so I just didn’t notice.

NuMetal

I thought the insanely irritating message spam on load was fixed/removed with the beta?
    Or maybe that was just my wrong impression because the nerf to treasure site loot reduced my save scumming massively so I just didn’t notice.

Hehe, so the devs saved you from yourself? 😛

I actually appreciate the wall of notifications when loading a game again because sometimes when hopping back into a game I haven’t played for some time it’s really nice to know what just happened and what’s going on…

Fawkes

I actually appreciate the wall of notifications when loading a game again because sometimes when hopping back into a game I haven’t played for some time it’s really nice to know what just happened and what’s going on…

Me too. I just want an option to dismiss them quickly and easily when needed. Even with fixed treasure sites. 🙂

It was fixed.
    But still you cannot get rid of a combat result message or a quest message in another way than clicking on “close”. That is quite nasty when you try to make some quick moves in the first seconds of a turn against AI and get attacked by some petty independents.

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi everyone,

We just put a new version live with some fixes for exotic issues.

2McCoy7

Hi everyone,

We just put a new version live with some fixes for exotic issues.

443mb and no patch notes? What kind of exotic issues? lol

Viewing 30 posts - 391 through 420 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.