Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.5 Patch Notes – UPDATED 7/4/2015

This topic contains 439 replies, has 112 voices, and was last updated by  Weltenreiter 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 440 total)
  • Author

Sindir

exotic issues?
    Wow i´m so excited whats in it…

2McCoy7

exotic issues?<br>
    Wow i´m so excited whats in it…

1. We now have fullscreen option
    ^^Thats all I’ve noticed so far…

Its a huge patch, I’m hoping they have attempted to eliminate the memory leak issue as well

Motasa

No dev journal this week 🙁

terrahero

No dev journal this week :(

we had news yesterday.

Maximo

400 MB have to be a lot of exotic things…
    The Folk Hero bug is not one of them, sadly.

we had news yesterday.

And still I was hoping to get a little more information about the merfolk. Seems, they did indeed keep something back until release.

Dagoth Ur

400 MB have to be a lot of exotic things…<br>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>terrahero wrote:</div>
    we had news yesterday.

And still I was hoping to get a little more information about the merfolk. Seems, they did indeed keep something back until release.

Yeah, and the Elder Eldritch!

Ravenholme

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Maximo wrote:</div>
    400 MB have to be a lot of exotic things…<br><br>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>terrahero wrote:</div><br>
    we had news yesterday.

Yeah, and the Elder Eldritch!

Well, having looked at it in the Tome of Wonders using the Create Leaders Tome trick, it is a darker skinned Eldritch Horror, with some red bits and glowy bits.

It looks to me that it may be something like the Party Robots, but for the Eternal Lords campaign.

ariga

Hi i think there should be nerf of stun from sorcerer support & hero the % is too high it’s not like bleeding or immolate who do little bebuff here it’s stun 1 turn making the unit freekill even if it is tanky(since all attack are flanking) & the % go too easy close to 50% so it’s sure stun whit 3 hit which is kinda broken so many strong unit having % to be stun above 30-50% making them useless vs sorcerer and also almost no unit got lightning resist as inherent so except if you have dread hero nothing to do about it.
    Also have the feeling the stun % is higher than before which shouldn’t be happening was strong enough(/allready too much) before
    And it should also lose % whit range or light of sight penalty which is not what happen right now

terrahero

I propose to make Sabotage a melee-attack so Golems can Retaliate against it. Kind of absurd to have a dime-a-dozen Scoundrel completely dismantle a Golem. And that was when Golems were Tier3, now that they’re dropping to tier2 it’ll be even more brutal.

NuMetal

I propose to make Sabotage a melee-attack so Golems can Retaliate against it. Kind of absurd to have a dime-a-dozen Scoundrel completely dismantle a Golem. And that was when Golems were Tier3, now that they’re dropping to tier2 it’ll be even more brutal.

Or just don’t use Golems against scoundrels?

Scoundrels are super fragile and the dreadnaught has lots of ranged power. So you should just adjust your tactic accordingly and shoot those glass cannons before they can close in.

Unless of course you are talking about the early game when you just hav researched Golems and Scoundrels are still roaming the map?
    Haven’t played Dreadnaught enough lately to know how big of a problem that is…

Magic structures is actually a little better on net, as it works on all treasure sites. And fire is great for frostlings and the undead.

terrahero

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>terrahero wrote:</div>

Or just don’t use Golems against scoundrels?

Scoundrels are super fragile and the dreadnaught has lots of ranged power. So you should just adjust your tactic accordingly and shoot those glass cannons before they can close in.

Unless of course you are talking about the early game when you just hav researched Golems and Scoundrels are still roaming the map?<br>
    Haven’t played Dreadnaught enough lately to know how big of a problem that is…

Don’t use the only tanky class unit that is meant to be screen for your range-centric class units, because this (see attachment) can happen?

No, i dont agree with that at all. I got AoW3 from GOG, so that is still v1.4 with Golems as Tier3 unit. And they got wrecked in a single turn by a tier1 irregular.
    Something like that shouldn’t happen.

Attachments:

NuMetal

Don’t use the only tanky class unit that is meant to be screen for your range-centric class units, because this (see attachment) can happen?

No, i dont agree with that at all. I got AoW3 from GOG, so that is still v1.4 with Golems as Tier3 unit. And they got wrecked in a single turn by a tier1 irregular.
    Something like that shouldn’t happen.

Yes, in this one matchup don’t only use this one class unit to screen your ranged troops and use race units instead.

Something like that is ok to happen if you entirely ignore what’s good against what and don’t plan and play accordingly.

Also in your screenshot you are the one using the scoundrels against the AI, right?
    In that case I’d see the issue somewhere else: The AI should see the threat your scoundrels are to its golems and play accordingly.

terrahero

No, it’s not okay if this happens.

The AI handled the situation as best as it could. If it doesnt close the distance it’ll get plinked down from range as it lacked ranged capacity of it’s own.

A tier1 irregular, hybrid melee and ranged, costing just 45g and is produceable first in line, should not beat a dedicated melee tier3, designed to be a dureable frontline tank, so completely.

People could not deal with a tier3 dominating lower tier units (Flametank) and would not accept “bring an appropriate counter” (of which there were many then, even more now). But it’s apparently okay for a tier1 to wreck a tier3, of which there are fewer suitable replacements that can fill that role.

Akinaba

Update today?

Rhaeg

So uhm… is it just me or did we just got some 19MB patch? What’s this for?

Akinaba

So uhm… is it just me or did we just got some 19MB patch? What’s this for?

yep we did. also not a word from devs. Concider aything that is not declared as dealing with “exotic issues” now. 🙂

No, it’s not okay if this happens.

The AI handled the situation as best as it could. If it doesnt close the distance it’ll get plinked down from range as it lacked ranged capacity of it’s own.

A tier1 irregular, hybrid melee and ranged, costing just 45g and is produceable first in line, should not beat a dedicated melee tier3, designed to be a dureable frontline tank, so completely.

People could not deal with a tier3 dominating lower tier units (Flametank) and would not accept “bring an appropriate counter” (of which there were many then, even more now). But it’s apparently okay for a tier1 to wreck a tier3, of which there are fewer suitable replacements that can fill that role.

Sabotaging Scoundrels are the only Rogue counter to Machines, whereas the Machine tag alone hard-counters poison-based Assassins and conversion from Bards and Succubi, leaving the Rogue with little to else in its arsenal. Stalkers are good but not Horned God or Manticore good, but in turn they are countered by Flametanks so that is a fair dynamic.

In any case, a Rogue would need a critical mass of Scoundrels to effectively pull off a Sabotage, since many are slaughtered before getting near the ranged machines due to their minuscule stats.

Take out Scoundrels from the equation and the match becomes very one-sided in favor of the Dreads

NuMetal

Well if you as a rogue have better ranged units then he as a dreadnaught he sure as hell didn’t play good and deserved to be slaughtered.
    Seriously, a dreadnaught should shoot all your scoundrels to bits before they can close in. Building only melee units and mainly golems against a Rogue is the dumbest thing one could do as a Dreadnaught.
    Therefor again the issue is not the Scoundrels or Sabotage, but the way the AI behaves. It should just learn the following: Fighting Rogue? -> Focus on ranged troops + racial melee units to screen the ranged troops.

Well, it sure as hell is not a durable frontline tank. Any and every Tier3 melee unit will kill it with 2 or 3 blows without receiving much damage back. Even against Tier2s and certain Tier1s it stands no chance in hand to hand combat. It being a “durable frontline tank” is just laughable.
    And that it has a chance to kill one Tier3 is ok. It doesn’t kill Tier3s, it only can kill this one very specific Tier3. It is a hard counter against this unit and balance wise that’s totally fine because you can’t just look at these 2 units in isolation. The Dreadnaught has the supreme ranged army. Scoundrels closing in on Golems and also being able to not only get the first strike but also to get the first 3 strikes will never happen unless the Dreadnaught player really really wants to lose (or is an AI that doesn’t know how to deal with stuff).

Weltenreiter

Any non-exotic final changes we want to know about, or do we need to comb through the log again? 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 440 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.