Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

Tagged: 

This topic contains 346 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  o8livion 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 347 total)
  • Author

Lascha

I’m getting “error saving game” when using the cloud. It says this with manual saves, quick saves and autosaves, but they do save, and they do load and work fine.

Fixed for the next patch. Thanks! 😉

gelat

I also had an issue where I tried to trespass/declare war, and the dialog kept popping back up. This was with a FLYING MOUNTED LEADER, so he kept taking off, “trespass/negotiate” and then repeat. So I tried with another stack, and they walked right in after I “trespassed”.

TL:DR – I don’t think flyers can go thru the trespass/negotiate dialog.

Tombles
    Keymaster

29th May 2015, version 1.562

• Fixed Flame Tanks spawning for Frostlings in battle start maps (now you’ll get Frost Tanks)
    • Fixed Golems spawning for Halfling in battle start maps (now you’ll get Party Robots)
    • Ancestral Spirits now have the Shield ability like their figure suggests.
    • User content does not download automatically (from Steam Workshop) at start up of the Launcher anymore. Instead the an icon becomes visible to indicate an update is available, wherafter a button needs to be clicked to synchronize the local files with the files that are subscribed to on the Steam Workshop.
    • Units that spawn to attack unit beacons now form clumps, rather than being scattered around the city (this prevents an error where half the units spawn on the wrong side of a river/lavaflow and can’t reach the city, breaking the AI).
    • Fixed an issue where boats would always come before heroes in stacks
    • Bone Collector now has 20% spirit resistance (was 40% weakness)
    • Heroes no longer keep bonuses from hero upgrades when they transform using abilities like Werepanther
    • Renamed Lich Aura to Archlich and hid the Archlich ability in the unit panel, so Archlich heroes wouldn’t have 3 separate abilities for the same thing in the unit panel
    • Fixed buff spells being canceled when vassal city is absorbed
    • Fixed spells like Glyphs Of Warding and Hallowed Domain affecting your units when they move through the domain of a vassal belonging to your ally
    • Fixed the Free Unit Helper system still running in local hotseat games
    • High Elf Horse Archers now cost 120 gold (was 110)
    • Whispers Of The Fallen now costs 10 mana per turn (was 20)

Exmortis

Twisting roots still affecting units who’ve acquired (non-inherent) floating and flying. Advanced logistics has the same problem I believe (not benefiting units who’ve acquired floating/flying).

Akinaba

Twisting roots still affecting units who’ve acquired (non-inherent) floating and flying. Advanced logistics has the same problem I believe (not benefiting units who’ve acquired floating/flying).

Try to put in in the “Bugs” section also…

ephafn

The bug where starting with a Town in a random map instead gives you a Metropolis is still there. Am I really the only one who have that bug? It has been present since the last non-beta patch.

Naniad

Makes me sad Tigran Shamans are losing Awaken Spirit. While I guess I can understand the reason kind of annoying I’ll only have access to in on my heros which will be suck since if I start a fight casting a spell on my leader/druid hero my poor King Sea Serpent will go into battle so sleepy. 🙁

Fenraellis

Makes me sad Tigran Shamans are losing Awaken Spirit. While I guess I can understand the reason kind of annoying I’ll only have access to in on my heros which will be suck since if I start a fight casting a spell on my leader/druid hero my poor King Sea Serpent will go into battle so sleepy. :(

You could always mix in Shamans from other races for that purpose…

Zaskow

Epaminondas

You still get isolated in a little island with no city you can get to without crossing water, even on a continents map with water turned down. This means effectively you cannot do anything until you research seafaring. It’s really annoying.

ArcaneSeraph

Makes me sad Tigran Shamans are losing Awaken Spirit. While I guess I can understand the reason kind of annoying I’ll only have access to in on my heros which will be suck since if I start a fight casting a spell on my leader/druid hero my poor King Sea Serpent will go into battle so sleepy.

Yeah I kind of didn’t like that change either… I would’ve left it alone. Instead I would’ve probably made the shifted bear unaffected by awaken spirit instead since it is basically a human in animal form. In other words not a real animal. You could, say, make a new class called were-animals instead of just monster or animal.

Ah well 🙂

llfoso

I like the change, self-buffing aside werebear is so strong it needed a tradeoff besides the price increase.

Anyway, having a lot of fun playing. You guys are doing an awesome job, thank you so much 🙂

Epaminondas

You still get isolated in a little island with no city you can get to without crossing water, even on a continents map with water turned down. This means effectively you cannot do anything until you research seafaring. It’s really annoying.

Hmmm, did Friday’s patch revert the RMG back to what it was during the “empty world” patch? In addition to getting these “island” starts where I am isolated in islands with no cities inside the island (in maps that are designed to be continents), I am also seeing fewer sites again, just like it was 2 patches ago.

Tigereye

Interesting changes so far. Have you considered adding the ability to ping the map, which would greatly help players pinpoint locations in multiplayer games?

MartyD81

I am not sure where I am supposed to write this as I hate to create a new topic just on that, but anyway… In my last game (the Dragon Throne scenario), I have managed to build and light a beacon. Then, a strange thing happened. Hordes of independent units spawned around the city in question. They seemed to move a little towards it, but suddenly they stopped. The end result is that I am surrounded by the mass of independent units, and they looke like they fear to attack it due to its superior defense… Is this behavior intentional? AI players have started moving their units as well, and have tried attacking it, so I am kind of puzzled why indies have decided to just stand still at a close distance to the city and wait for something. Anyone else have this happened to them?

Another question is why would indies want to destroy my beacon when they can never win the game by doing so (and neither can they by building their own)? And where did they come from in the first place (almost all indies have been eliminated in the scenario)?

bmzsoft

Interesting changes so far. Have you considered adding the ability to ping the map, which would greatly help players pinpoint locations in multiplayer games?

That’s a good idea! Currently if I want to convey a special point of interest in multiplayer feels like playing a game of encryption and encoding, adding a ping would completely resolve this problem. Another way to streamline map coordination is by adjusting the current map border to something similar to a chess board border, adding more letters/numbers depending on the size of the map. So an example would be
    “hey could you help me take out the enemy leader a bit South of G7” instead of
    “hey could you help me take out the enemy leader between Iselduin and Bulburg and a little bit to the South of Kabalg next to the mana node?” Not to mention how long it would take for the other player to find those cities first.

Motasa

Bone Collector now has 20% spirit resistance (was 40% weakness)

I’m curious as to why this change was made. Was it to give the Necro an answer for a spirit damage heavy strategy used against them? Was it because the Bone Collector was deemed to weak in general? I can keep guessing, but I’d rather hear the rational behind this counter-intuitive alteration of an Undead unit, suddenly becoming resistant to spirit damage.

Wallthing

Bone Collector now has 20% spirit resistance (was 40% weakness)

I’m curious as to why this change was made. Was it to give the Necro an answer for a spirit damage heavy strategy used against them? Was it because the Bone Collector was deemed to weak in general? I can keep guessing, but I’d rather hear the rational behind this counter-intuitive alteration of an Undead unit, suddenly becoming resistant to spirit damage.

I don’t remember which thread this spawned from (maybe the Theocrat endgame thread?) but IIRC the rationale was to give the Necro a decent option against spirit damage/Theocrat and that the bone collector is the least spirit-like of the undead; almost like a machine, so the ability fits best there.

gelat

1. Master Cartographer says “Explored hexes are still covered in fog of war though” .Shouldn’t that be UNexplored?

2. Also, the tooltip for Steadfast Ward when placed over a unit says STEADFAST EXHAUSTION.

3. The end turn box, the OK button is too far left, and the OK is the wrong word. “DO YOU WANT TO END YOUR TURN?” offering OK and END TURN are the same answer, both YES.

I know I’m late but this

•You can now send message from diplomacy screen even when you have already made a trade this turn

Still seems not to work.
    We checked it twice in a recent PBEM. If I send a gift (i.e. 10 mana) to another player I can’t send further messages to him until next turn.

Fenraellis

1. Master Cartographer says “Explored hexes are still covered in fog of war though” .Shouldn’t that be UNexplored?

Mmm, but it explores the entire map, such that nothing is ‘unexplored’ anymore.

Akinaba

Mmm, but it explores the entire map, such that nothing is ‘unexplored’ anymore.

The fog of war is the thing that covers the hexes where you do not have your “eyes” – your units or your domain, so here what it is about. Maybe there is something to make the description even more clear…

Tombles
    Keymaster

I’m curious as to why this change was made. Was it to give the Necro an answer for a spirit damage heavy strategy used against them?

Yes. Specifically it was to give them a unit that can stand up to Shrine’s of Smiting, which is very difficuly to deal with as a necromancer, since almost every unit you get has spirit weakness and/or fire weakness.

Hmmm, did Friday’s patch revert the RMG back to what it was during the “empty world” patch? In addition to getting these “island” starts where I am isolated in islands with no cities inside the island (in maps that are designed to be continents), I am also seeing fewer sites again, just like it was 2 patches ago.

RMG guy is sick, I’m afraid, so I can’t ask him. I’ve asked around, and we’re not aware of any changes made to that since it was fixed last week.

We checked it twice in a recent PBEM. If I send a gift (i.e. 10 mana) to another player I can’t send further messages to him until next turn.

Thanks! Passed the message on for someone to look into.

The bug where starting with a Town in a random map instead gives you a Metropolis is still there. Am I really the only one who have that bug? It has been present since the last non-beta patch.

I’ve never heard of this bug before I’m afraid. If you have a save game, then please send it to us!

savegames@triumphstudios.com

TY, I’ll fix it!

I wasn’t aware there was a problem with Logistics… As for Twisting Roots, I’m afraid that this isn’t fixable due to engine limitations. The only real option would be to redesign the spell so it worked in a different way completely, but that wasn’t possible this late in the patching process.

Nope. Explored hexes are the ones that aren’t covered in clouds. The “Fog Of War” is the thing that grays out hexes that aren’t visible to you units.

2. Also, the tooltip for Steadfast Ward when placed over a unit says STEADFAST EXHAUSTION.

3. The end turn box, the OK button is too far left, and the OK is the wrong word. “DO YOU WANT TO END YOUR TURN?” offering OK and END TURN are the same answer, both YES.

Steadfast Exhaustion is the name of the effect which prevents the player from casting Steadfast Ward on a unit more than once per battle, so that’s intentional. I’ll check out the thing with the end turn dialog though!

ephafn

ephafn wrote:

I’ve never heard of this bug before I’m afraid. If you have a save game, then please send it to us!

savegames@triumphstudios.com

Done.

But for sake of completeness, I tried to reproduce the bug on Windows (I normally play on Linux, where I always get the bug), and everything was fine. So that may explain why I was the only one to report it.

(But that’s a very strange bug to only appears on one OS. The only merely plausible explanation I can think of is some freak case-sensitive filename issue.)

Fenraellis

The only real option would be to redesign the spell so it worked in a different way completely, but that wasn’t possible this late in the patching process.

Ah, but what a glorious rework of the ability the idea thread had for it.

…then again, it was essentially a persistent mass-cripple, that could only be dispelled for future turns due to applying at the beginning of the round, which would likely mean a CP and tier increase would be required, so…

Tombles
    Keymaster

Yeah, I wanted to change it so that each turn it would have a chance of draining the HP of all non flying/floating units. I was worried it would have made the spell much mor powerful though.

Hp or mp?

Tombles
    Keymaster

MP, I mean. So each unit has a chance to lose, say 12-16mp at the start of the turn. Thing is, this wouldn’t just slow units down, it would also reduce the number of action points they had.

Bob5

MP, I mean. So each unit has a chance to lose, say 12-16mp at the start of the turn. Thing is, this wouldn’t just slow units down, it would also reduce the number of action points they had.

What if you also drained max MP for a turn? Action points are determined by the ratio between current MP and max MP aren’t they? The Sprint ability already gives precedent for temporal changes to max MP.

Tombles
    Keymaster

2th June 2015, version 1.564

• Fixed an issue where your leader dying would cancel spells being cast even if the player had Phylactery researched
    • Fixed an issue where saving and loading in the tutorial would allow you to do autocombat
    • Fixed bug in the random map generator where the starting city ‘Town’ had the wrong domain size.
    • Fixed Music FadeIn/FadeOut in load screen
    • Fixed incorrect button placement on end turn confirmation when an army still has movepoints
    • Changed (Dread Reaper) Faucheur terrible to Faucheuse in French
    • Fixed Item Forge Fire Musket from displaying twice
    • Various small language fixes
Viewing 30 posts - 271 through 300 (of 347 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.