Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

Tagged: 

This topic contains 346 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  o8livion 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 347 total)
  • Author

MuadDib

Hey,

do you have any ETA of the patch to GoG and Steam (non-beta)?

Akinaba

Just a minor wish: could autopathing consider Hasteberries while plotting?

If you don’t really want to use them you can always put your path manualy in the end.

ephafn

Fixed bug in the random map generator where the starting city ‘Town’ had the wrong domain size.

Not how I would describe the bug, but I can confirm that it is fixed, thanks 🙂

Fenraellis

MP, I mean. So each unit has a chance to lose, say 12-16mp at the start of the turn. Thing is, this wouldn’t just slow units down, it would also reduce the number of action points they had.

Shocked, Crippled, Stiffen Limbs and Slayer’s Doubt(success effect) all reduce max movement by a flat amount, which has no effect on Action Points, just distance traveled.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Hey,

do you have any ETA of the patch to GoG and Steam (non-beta)?

Should be early next week, at least we hope!

Epaminondas

Should be early next week, at least we hope!

Any more updates upcoming before the patch becomes official?

Dagoth Ur

19th May 2015, version 1.560

Draconian Monster Hunter now has Fire Spit instead of Shoot Light Crossbow

So anyone else who thinks this is good enough for a cost increase? Monster Hunters already were a high utility unit. They trade 11 physical damage for 11 fire damage. Now they even do decent damage to incorporeal stuff like Phantasm Warriors, even more so against Necromancers with medals, which Warlords kind of have trouble with early on. They’re easy to mass and benefit from Explorer upgrades. But that’s not the biggest advantage.

What I think makes Draconian Monster Hunters better than others is the fact that you can still use Fire Spit while engaged. Which means you’ll have to kill Monster Hunters instead of just engage them in order to protect other units from a flank + following flanks.

This little change from Light Crossbow to Fire Spit made Draconian Monster Hunters my go to unit for open field battles. And they’re really good at it.

So I think either the cost should be increased, or spit abilities shouldn’t work while engaged.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Only if something is completely broken! Each change we make has a chance of breaking things, so we don’t to risk anything unnecessary at this point.

Zaskow

Only if something is completely broken! Each change we make has a chance of breaking things, so we don’t to risk anything unnecessary at this point.

Sadly. No rebalance things then. 🙁

esvath

@tombles, how about the toolbar/something that will help when a hero has more than 12 active abilities?

Akinaba

For some reason AI still can see me when I’m concealed. Siple example – Lost Souls are always scope me out when I’m simply standing in the forest with my Hunter. That’s supposed to be fixed wasn’t it? Maybe the reason is in some Neutral Units that could see me and roaming independents then can see me as well, but farnkly I don’t know if there is any units with the true sight so early in the game. So I suppose the issue when AI could see your concealed units is not solved, or solved only partially…

emky

Small typo noticed (in 1.555, but didn’t notice in the notes above): Dwarven Champion military governance has a typo for “adjacent”.

johnmr531

Any chance something is done about Twisting Vines?

Tombles
    Keymaster

For some reason AI still can see me when I’m concealed. Siple example – Lost Souls are always scope me out when I’m simply standing in the forest with my Hunter. That’s supposed to be fixed wasn’t it? Maybe the reason is in some Neutral Units that could see me and roaming independents then can see me as well, but farnkly I don’t know if there is any units with the true sight so early in the game. So I suppose the issue when AI could see your concealed units is not solved, or solved only partially…

The only way that roaming units can see hidden units is if they’re stood next to another set of independent units. Were your hunters stood right next to a gold mine or something like that?

As for the other requests, I’m afraid to say that it’s really too late for anything else. If it doesn’t break the game, or cause an issue that has serious consequences (i.e. make the game unplayable in some way) then we don’t want to change it.

Akinaba

The only way that roaming units can see hidden units is if they’re stood next to another set of independent units. Were your hunters stood right next to a gold mine or something like that?

Yes. It was percisely the case. But does it make sense? I mean it does make sense in the programming terms where all independents (friendly, neutral or aggressive) considered as one, ahem… civilization and they can see everything that others can see, but in fact the aggressive ones should not recieve the information from the neutral ones. And that also reveals the mystery why does aggressive independents never attack neutral or friendly cities…

Tombles
    Keymaster

Yes. It was percisely the case. But does it make sense? I mean it does make sense in the programming terms where all independents (friendly, neutral or aggressive) considered as one, ahem… civilization and they can see everything that others can see, but in fact the aggressive ones should not recieve the information from the neutral ones. And that also reveals the mystery why does aggressive independents never attack neutral or friendly cities…

I freely admit that it makes no sense! Unfortunately, it’s not currently possible to fix it.

MartyD81

@tombles

A somewhat off-topic question while you are still here: Is diplomacy going to be further improved? I mean, I would like to see more options such as making an AI player to make peace with another AI player, negotiating a cease-fire deal with someone I am at war with or convincing my ally not to make another aliance with the other AI’s (O.K., I copied the last part from my previous post just to make sure it will draw attention:-)). All I wish for is for you guys to add two or three more options along the lines of my humble suggestions (or more gameplay-fitting ones) to the current diplomacy system. I like how the AI is already noticeably more active in negotiating various deals, but a few more dipl. options would not hurt, would it? Thanks in advance!

P.S. What are your next update plans? Will there be a global-economy (or possibly magic-focused) rebalance update in the near future? Thanks again

Draxynnic

So anyone else who thinks this is good enough for a cost increase? Monster Hunters already were a high utility unit. They trade 11 physical damage for 11 fire damage. Now they even do decent damage to incorporeal stuff like Phantasm Warriors, even more so against Necromancers with medals, which Warlords kind of have trouble with early on. They’re easy to mass and benefit from Explorer upgrades. But that’s not the biggest advantage.

Personally, I think it’s actually a net nerf, particularly if draconians are the only race you have.

Technically, in isolation, Fire Spit is better than Shoot Light Crossbow. However, the cost increases for other monster hunters are justified by bigger benefits than simply targeting resistance instead of defense (getting the single-shot attacks of their race’s archer unit, which usually do 14-16 damage and may have additional effects). Yes, you can use Fire Spit when engaged, but a large part of what makes MHs tier 2 is that they’re also decent melee combatants – unlike most irregulars, I’m generally happy enough to have MHs trade swings when engaged, so while having the choice to spit in their face might be useful in niche situations, it’s not a big deal – certainly not as valuable as the same face-spitting ability is for hatchlings and untouchables, neither of which get a price increase.

From the wider perspective, though: Claiming that Fire Spit on the MH gives warlords an option to deal with incorporeals that are susceptible to fire is ignoring the fact that a warlord who has draconians in their ranks already has plenty of options for that. Warlords of most races have trouble with incorporeals early on – a draconian warlord can already stock up on Hatchlings, Flamers, Raptors and Elders to burn those incorporeals. What draconians do lack, however, are ranged attacks that aren’t predominantly fire, so they can have problems fighting enemies that have high protection (including immunity) against fire, particularly in situations where going into melee isn’t desired for one reason or another. MHs used to be one of the options for the draconian warlord to get access to a non-fire-based ranged attack earlyish on. Now, they have to push on to Mounted Archers or absorb another race to get around their reliance on fire.

What happened to the ability to choose aboveground/underground? I can’t find it in hero select.

Tombles
    Keymaster

What happened to the ability to choose aboveground/underground? I can’t find it in hero select.

It only works on RMG maps, you should see it on the right hand side of the screen when you’re choosing/designing your leader.

MartyD81

Tombles, are you here somewhere? My question is eagerly waiting for you to answer it, please see above.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Hi Marty, I’m afraid that I can’t give an official response to your question! I think we’re going to be making a post about our future plans very soon, once this patch has been finallized and released.

Tombles
    Keymaster

5th June 2015, version 1.565

• Tutorial now translated into French, Polish, German and Russian
    • Updates to in game text for new units and modified abilities/skills now translated into French, Polish, German and Russian
    • General Polish translation fixes
    • Fixed an issue where the Lobby join screen would never close

This is probably the last update for the patch before we put it live next week!

Hunter

Thanks for all the updates and patches, plus comms.

Motasa

Tutorial now translated into French, Polish, German and Russian

Concerning the tutorial, I still noticed one tiny little (tautology, I know) mistake. When you get the quest from the northern town to retake the mana node, it mentions that there’s an “Combat Effect” where the “Effect’s Icon will be shown under the big portrait of the enemy on the right.”. This is obviously not the case, as it sits neatly in the top left corner of the screen.

Also, why did the starting army of Sundren and the troops near the gold mine at the beginning change to Swordsman and Storm Sisters – where are the Longbowman? Fighting those pesky Goblins and those stunning-warping-Whisps is no big deal, but not being able to utilize your Storm Sisters ranged attack on the latter and having your Swordsman stunned by or Weakened by those Blight Doctors and picked off by Untouchables ain’t the effortless introduction to playing the game I expected.

For the rest, a great tutorial covering the basics. Also nice to see on the Campaign Menu – Includes Optional Tutorial, makes finding the tutorial that much easier.

MartyD81

Hi Marty, I’m afraid that I can’t give an official response to your question! I think we’re going to be making a post about our future plans very soon, once this patch has been finallized and released.

O.K., understood. Just do not keep us waiting too long… Thanks!

Bob5

Concerning the tutorial, I still noticed one tiny little (tautology, I know) mistake. When you get the quest from the northern town to retake the mana node, it mentions that there’s an “Combat Effect” where the “Effect’s Icon will be shown under the big portrait of the enemy on the right.”. This is obviously not the case, as it sits neatly in the top left corner of the screen.

The effect is also shown in the pre-combat screen, where you normally also select between Autocombat and manual combat, battle effects are shown there below the pictures of the leaders.

Something else, how’s it going with the base happiness of unity beacons? I sent in a saved game about it last week in which the base happiness penalty of enemy beacons was not applied while my own beacons sometimes stacked in base happiness effects and sometimes didn’t.

Motasa

The effect is also shown in the pre-combat screen, where you normally also select between Autocombat and manual combat, battle effects are shown there below the pictures of the leaders.

Darn it, I missed that. Apparently I begin to overlook the many details, icons and titbits of information hidden in the games many menus. Or I play to much of this game or I’m getting older, probably both 🙂 .

Zaskow

Independent units (i.e. roaming units and indy/vassal city guards) no longer autodetect stealthed units. Due to a technical limitation, a stealthed unit will be revealed to ALL indy units if stands directly next to ANY indy unit.

What about units of AI opponents? Because just now unit without true sight of enemy AI-sorc attacked and killed my concealed assassin. There is no stealthy gameplay against AI… 🙁

Xerberus86

O.K., understood. Just do not keep us waiting too long… Thanks!

as long as “future plans” include more expansion packs for AoW3 then i’m a happy customer. game seems to increase in popularity too and triumph is doing a stellar job improving on this game :).

Viewing 30 posts - 301 through 330 (of 347 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.