Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

Tagged: 

This topic contains 346 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  o8livion 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 17 posts - 331 through 347 (of 347 total)
  • Author

deo

holy… thats a really big update, great job

Epaminondas

Hi Marty, I’m afraid that I can’t give an official response to your question! I think we’re going to be making a post about our future plans very soon, once this patch has been finallized and released.

I can’t wait. Prease… pretty puhrease… Archon and Dark Elf expansion!

Khelle

I have a question – why are there party robots added to the game for halflings? I don’t have anything against it – I am just curious what was the rationale behind this, because adding new model to the game isn’t cheap 🙂

Motasa

I have a question – why are there party robots added to the game for halflings? I don’t have anything against it – I am just curious what was the rationale behind this, because adding new model to the game isn’t cheap :)

They were initially added in the Golden Realms campaign. The Halfling Dreadnought that joins your cause in the first scenario is a bit eccentric and so are her Golems. Golems with kitchen aprons serving hearty meals, who doesn’t like that!

Khelle

They were initially added in the Golden Realms campaign. The Halfling Dreadnought that joins your cause in the first scenario is a bit eccentric and so are her Golems. Golems with kitchen aprons serving hearty meals, who doesn’t like that!

Oh, ok. I haven’t been playing campaign so I didn’t know. Thanks for clarification 🙂

So Party Robots are basically the same as Siege Golems but also have additional abilities?

Tibbles

So Party Robots are basically the same as Siege Golems but also have additional abilities?

Yeah, you can see them both here

Motasa

Well, they cost a bit more mana, have a bit lower health (55 vs. Golem = 60), defense (13 vs. Golem = 14) and melee strength (12 vs. Golem = 13), but they make up for that with their amazing nice kitchen aprons… and their unique ability for a machine to heal living units with Nourishing Meal, like the Brew Brother. On top of all that, they gain Fireworks on Gold medal instead of Defender, which the Golem gets. They’re a bit weaker overall when compared to the Golem, but the Party Robots have higher utility and work great in conjunction with the squishy Engineers (they help keeping each other alive).

Edit: Ninja’d by Tibbles 🙂

esvath

So, I spent this afternoon refreshing GOG’s page, hoping for the new patch but to no avail 🙁

Hunter

Build 16350 v1.6 is now up. Waiting for notes.

Arnout
    Keymaster

No big things today. This will be the final build before it goes live tomorrow!

9th June 2015, version 1.6

* Minor Tutorial text fixes
    * Fixed correct build # for Steam

esvath

it goes live tomorrow!

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Ahem.

slashman

Can someone confirm for me if the following is intended or not?

In my current game as Tigran Theocrat, I assaulted a human city with a couple of armies with Shrines of Smiting in them. I approached a gate and used Ram from one Shrine on it. It didn’t destroy the gate, but next turn the Shrine could drive right through it with no gate animation. It just passed right through.

I thought maybe the gate was destroyed and the game just didn’t update the graphics so I sent a Tigran mystic to it but they couldn’t pass. When I switched to melee, they had an option to attack the gate, which they did but didn’t destroy it.

I saw this repeat with the second shrine at the other city gate. Any ideas here?

esvath

but next turn the Shrine could drive right through it with no gate animation. It just passed right through.

Shrine of Smiting is Floating, thus able to pass through (well, pass over) walls and obstacles.

slashman

but next turn the Shrine could drive right through it with no gate animation. It just passed right through.

Shrine of Smiting is Floating, thus able to pass through (well, pass over) walls and obstacles.

Am I imagining things, or are some floating units unable to do this and instead use wall climbing?

llfoso

I think there are several things about the tutorial that would be confusing for new players.
    – Werlac explains the tome of wonders right off, but there is no indication of where the button is to view it.
    – It would be helpful right at the start to go over each aspect of the UI, including the mini map and zooming out the camera.
    – After I select to build the storehouse no alert pops up to tell me what to do next.
    – After I select research no alert pops up to tell me what to do next.
    I understand for both of these you want the player to explore the buttons themselves maybe, but tutorials exist for the sake of players who don’t like to learn by trial and error. I think it would be a good idea to explain the event list early on. It is only explained after they end their turn for the first time, but there’s no visual indication of where the event list is.
    – After I move to attack the gold mine an alert pops up to explain upkeep. Once the explanation is over I have to command my units to attack the gold mine a second time. This would probably create a lot of confusion for new players.
    – There is no indicator for the end turn button in combat (nor out of combat). That should probably be explained early on.
    – If Sundren dies there is an explanation about the void, but then she is resurged at the end of the battle. This might confuse new players.
    – When you meet the new town and it talks about quests and tells you to move towards the town instead of to click on it to receive the quest.
    – The battle with the wisps would be a great time to explain damage types, immunities, and maybe things like defense, resistance, hp, damage, and special abilities, because the wisps are immune to the storm sisters abilities and there’s no indication why, and then the wisps phase and it would be nice to have a popup like “these wisps can phase in combat. Many units can use special abilities like this. You can find out about any unit’s abilities by selecting the unit and clicking on the unit’s portrait at the top of the screen. Why don’t you do that now?” And “wisps are immune to shock damage, so unfortunately your storm sister’s storm bolts and stunning touch won’t work on them!”
    – After the quest, it would be best to auto complete the seafaring research, or maybe leave a pile of scrolls somewhere for the player. Otherwise you have to sit for two turns before crossing.
    – When seafaring is complete, it would be helpful to have a quick explanation of embarking.
    – When the crows are ready to summon, there is no explanation about how to cast the spell.
    – After accepting the brigand camp quest reward I received a frostling shield. There should be an explanation on how to equip it to Sundren (including to move her onto it – I used the other stack to attack the camp).
    – The explanation about settlers doesn’t tell players what button to click to build a city.
    – After you build the city, it might be good to explain about clearing the resource sites within the city’s domain.
    – After building the initiate to garrison the city, it would be good to explain the Camp button. (and the wait one turn button, while we’re at it)

o8livion

just wanted to sugguest that either every or no class should be able to massproduce t4-units.
    being able to so has a really unfair advantage in late game, because spells like chaos rift are not effective enough to counter that over a longer period, at least in my experience.

kind regards

o8livion

PS:
    … and a feature to select a hero to lead a group (in case of more heroes in a group)

Viewing 17 posts - 331 through 347 (of 347 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.