Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

Tagged: 

This topic contains 346 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  o8livion 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 347 total)
  • Author

Smidlee

We can take it out for machines if people don’t like it, but for the Necro it’s pretty much the only choice we have. The AI unfortunately doesn’t understand that it needs to reanimators to accompany all it’s stacks, which leads the AI necros being horribly weak. We considered telling the AI to send damaged units back to home cities to heal, but then we would just be replacing one weakness (bad healing) with another (low mobility)

I vote leaving this in since the AI doesn’t get this bonus when my units are around. If someone doesn’t want the AI receive any bonuses there is always Knight level.

Zaskow

As for the Prototype, I think that means that Carissa’s versions are still the full ones, also having Fireworks.

Non-campaign Prototype has Firework on elite.

Mythabril

The Party Bots are fun. For one, they can boost up the Engineers before battle and then provide cover fire before engaging. Dazzled a Shadow Stalker and then proceeded to slap it silly after it charged into the bots.

This is the kind of diversity in machines I am looking for.

Zaskow

Dazzled a Shadow Stalker and then proceeded to slap it silly after it charged into the bots.

SS is immune for dazzle. 😀

Mythabril

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Mythabril wrote:</div>
    Dazzled a Shadow Stalker and then proceeded to slap it silly after it charged into the bots.

SS is immune for dazzle./>

The one I pummelled wasn’t. Guess they changed something. Or it’s a bug.

iceboy

-Leaders will no longer suffer morale penalties from Dedicated To XXX abilities.

Great change but are heroes still affected?

Tombles
    Keymaster

-Leaders will no longer suffer morale penalties from Dedicated To XXX abilities.

Great change but are heroes still affected?

I’m afraid so! The leader change was made because it made no sense. The leader is the person with the alignment, it’s just weird that there morale would go down because of their own alignment.

I vote leaving this in since the AI doesn’t get this bonus when my units are around. If someone doesn’t want the AI receive any bonuses there is always Knight level.

Yeah, the bonus switches on at Lord mode, and for Lords it’s pretty tiny (2hp per turn). Kings get 4, Emperors 8.

I asked it before, but it seems the AI does not consider stacks, but basically moves all units one at a time.

Yeah, pretty much. We tried other approaches, but:

1) If we convinced the AI that it needed reanimators in the battles it has (which would be hard enough), that wouldn’t necessarily mean the AI would travel with reanimators in its stacks. Units would still travel around all the time with no healing, they just wouldn’t fight with it.

2) If we told the AI to just build more reanimators, then we run the risk of the AI attacking with stacks of of 3 or 4 reanimators and 1 or 2 other units, which is alsoa terrible idea.

Tombles
    Keymaster

Thanks! I’ve fixed it 🙂

ephafn

Yeah, the bonus switches on at Lord mode, and for Lords it’s pretty tiny (2hp per turn). Kings get 4, Emperors 8.

More than what normal units get (6) at Emperor? Does Emperor AI also get bonus healing for their living troops too?

Re: Undead AI getting free healing

Would it be possible to code for the AI so that it gets the healing even if the reanimators aren’t in the right stacks?

That is to say: at the end of the turn, check how many reanimators/supports the AI has, and then heal its units according to that healing ability whether or not they’re actually with the right stack?

Possibly finessing it further so that the reanimators heal their own stack first as normal, and other stacks get the healing at a reduced rate and/or only when the player isn’t watching. Maybe give each AI stack one “spare” reanimator’s worth of healing.

Still a cheat, obviously, but less so since you’re kind of approximating what a better AI -would- do with its reanimators and healers.

Of course, it’d also be more work and may not add that much. But it’s an idea. And easier than teaching the AI about stack composition.

Akinaba

Yay for a lot!

However, want more/other interesting things on Horned God. Particulary very much look forward on Regrowth on this unit to make it well… Primary tanky.

As for othe things:
    *Sweep Strike for Giants
    *Entangling Strike and/or Throw Curse/Weaken on AD heroes…

Think about several racial (not only class) hero upgrades, won’t it be nice?

malaficus

No!!!!!
    There removing reanimate ruins as a starting spell????
    Why :'(
    There goes my cheap burn everything down and reanimate later strategy.
    Oh while it was fun while it lasted 😛

Conquer town, instant loot it.
    Build up capital(aka production city).
    Reanimate town and turn it into a money maker.
    Cast scorched earth of money maker town.
    Build a shrine to pay for scorched earth upkeep.
    Rise and repeat.
    So much fun.

Easy evil points army which help’s with embrace shadows.
    And it is quicker then ghoulify town.
    Not to mentions reanimate ruin doesnt cost nearly as much as a settler, isnt vunerable to attack and can easly be used.
    Bad thruimp for removing this fun cheap stratagy.

Akinaba

Oh, and disspeariing Halfling Eagle Riders over water…

Narvek
    Keymaster

@malaficus It can still turn up that way, it’s just not guaranteed anymore :p

malaficus

@malaficus It can still turn up that way, it’s just not guaranteed anymore :p

It become’s less usefull as the game moves on.
    The point of that stratagy is to get a good early game income boost without accauly losing the cities, being able to deny your enemy cities and get the prime evil empire quests asap.
    Later in the game the lost of a city doesnt hurt nearly as much.
    It still hurts just alot less then when you are still in the build up phase.
    Remember 200 gold is a nice boost.
    200 gold and having a town that generate’s gold and mana is an awesome boost.
    200 gold is pocked change mid to late game.

Moloc32

Delighted to see more racial variation for dreadnaught units. Hope there are a few more racial machines like the frost tank added. Maybe a blight tank for goblins? Maybe some racial variance for musketeers too? Anyway great work guys!

Yarovit

Maybe Tigrans could like barentz barrens and fertile plains? They’re desert folk so they like deserts but also cats and everytime I see them I think of cheetahs and lions which live on savannah. I think it would suit them well. On the other hand lot of races already like plains and I’m not entirely sure if it’s good idea.

Outis

I wanted to make a melee weapon in the forge with the Elemental Slayer attribute. It is not listed. Looks like every other Slayer attribute is listed but not Elemental Slayer. Could we get Elemental Slayer as Forge option??

It should be 1 forge point cost just like all the other slayer options. Only Hero Slayer is a 2 point Slayer option.

ninninnin

tigrans like barrens because thats where the sand is so they can bury their feces since they are cats

steeveebr

When founding a city inside of existing forts, walls aren’t included with the new city. I assume this isn’t intentional since it’s not in the patch notes.

steeveebr

When attacking through an underground -> surface cave entrance, you don’t lose all your movement points if you lose.

Tombles
    Keymaster

When founding a city inside of existing forts, walls aren’t included with the new city. I assume this isn’t intentional since it’s not in the patch notes.

Yep, I just tested and confirmed that you’re right! I think it might be my fault, I’ll look into fixing it for the next update!

When attacking through an underground -> surface cave entrance, you don’t lose all your movement points if you lose.

Cool, I’ll check it out!

I wanted to make a melee weapon in the forge with the Elemental Slayer attribute. It is not listed. Looks like every other Slayer attribute is listed but not Elemental Slayer. Could we get Elemental Slayer as Forge option??

I’ll look into it!

Maybe Tigrans could like barentz barrens and fertile plains? They’re desert folk so they like deserts but also cats and everytime I see them I think of cheetahs and lions which live on savannah. I think it would suit them well. On the other hand lot of races already like plains and I’m not entirely sure if it’s good idea.

The problem was that Tigrans liking 2 types of terrain gave them a big economic advantage which they didn’t really need (most races only like 1 terrain type). Apparently the only reason Tigrans liked forests is because Panthers like climbing trees, which is why we removed it.

Zaskow

Sir Tombles, can you take a look on prices of some units?
    Examples:
    Human Shaman (typical shaman without additional abilities) costs 130 g + 30 m. Halfling shaman with Minor bard skill (very useful ability for Halflings) costs the same price. Elf shaman costs 5 g more. As you stated before, there is no reason for this, due higher blight weakness for elven supports.
    Same situation with Elven Evangelist – higher price for Total awareness, but additional 20% blight weakness ignored.

Yarovit

The problem was that Tigrans liking 2 types of terrain gave them a big economic advantage which they didn’t really need (most races only like 1 terrain type). Apparently the only reason Tigrans liked forests is because Panthers like climbing trees, which is why we removed it.

Yeah, I understand. But it’s unfair midgets are only guys to like two terrains. They shouldn’t be only one 😉
    Speaking about barrens- could you take a look at barren hexes next to water? Because half of the hex is submerged every structure/city/unit on it looks like it’s floating in the air

kwibus

I can’t seem to download the beta.

In steam I right clicked AOW in my library and clicked on properties. Under the rab BETAS you get a drop down choice called: Select the beta you would like to opt into:
    Right now it says “NONE – opt out of all beta programs” and I can not select anything else. The drop down cursos doesn’t work or doesn’t allow me to use it.

Any ideas why? I really need the AI to cast spells again else I don’t get any joy out of my SP games.

Also one of my PBEM games allready have some people that switched so that’s no reason to wait anymore either.

kwibus

Somehow it worked after closing properties and opening it again.

Makes perfect sense…………. 😮

Problem solved!

Underground improvements eh? I hope that means we might find some things buried. It’s always sad to finish digging out the underground and end up with a vast featureless plain of barrens.

Akinaba

Underground improvements eh? I hope that means we might find some things buried. It’s always sad to finish digging out the underground and end up with a vast featureless plain of barrens.

Implying one even bother digging. I salute that you do!

steeveebr

When launching a multiplayer game, can the launch button be grayed out if a human player has joined the room but not been assigned a faction/wizard yet?

I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve launched a game because the screen says “Player” joined, but then they aren’t really in the game yet.

Graying out the launch button might make this a non-issue since it shouldn’t happen, but when a game is launched before a player has been assigned a wizard the only recourse for the unassigned player is to end the game via the task manager, any ideas on a better interface for that?

Maybe the whole thing could be fixed by graying out the launch button until all players in the room hit a ready button? FYI, I’m playing on a local network.

steeveebr

Minor, but Dire Penguins don’t all fit in their hex. When webbed a bunch are standing outside the normal hex in the hex behind. It looks confusing, like there is a second unit.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 347 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.