Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.52 Patch Notes – Updated 9/6/2015

Tagged: 

This topic contains 346 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  o8livion 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 347 total)
  • Author

greyclouds

Underground RMG improvements are desperately needed! Perhaps we could get some other improvements to underground to make it more attractive… ? Like… higher density of treasure sites or mines? 😉 😉

I also like the change to root spears. Still pretty damaging, but now the debuff is extremely potent and useful.

Will there be a slight change to the sorcerer’s “magic fist” spell to place it more in line with class-direct damage spells after this buff to AD?

Tombles
    Keymaster

The underground layer is being totally redone, we’re gonna do some testing in closed beta over the weekend, and hopefully have something for you guys to play with next week!

Akinaba

The underground layer is being totally redone, we’re gonna do some testing in closed beta over the weekend, and hopefully have something for you guys to play with next week!

That’s nice to hear. Really nice to hear. Remeber only that those farms have windmills that look plainly odd in the underground. And I have truly faith in dev’s team brains, yeah!

Ericridge

The depths? o.o

blackburne

I’m very excited to see what you have in store for underground changes! I’ve always wanted to use underground being a Goblin player, but it’s never proved to be as beneficial as the surface (other than hard choke points).

I think my main gripe with the underground was how there is nearly no benefit to choosing underground as opposed to the surface. The underground start is usually fine, but there are few to none expansion options due to only one or two lingering nodes.

It would be a fun idea to hide nodes in diggable walls (or basically anything to motivate players to dig an area clear and then settle in the newly excavated area.)

Jaduggar

Independent units (i.e. roaming units and indy/vassal city guards) no longer autodetect stealthed units. Due to a technical limitation, a stealthed unit will be revealed to ALL indy units if stands directly next to ANY indy unit.

Thank you so much for this… this was truly needed 🙂

Halflings now build Prototype Party Robots instead of Golems.

Awesome

Horned God now has Entangling Strike Ability

I forgot that I even wanted this, but the first time I played an elven-druid I was really sad when I realized that no units had it. I cant wait to use this in combat.

Jaduggar

Whaaaatt??!! o.o

I knew this would happen sooner or later, but I would never have guessed so soon. This is very good news! 😀

kwibus

Meditation always gives me equanimity of mind.

I do think I allready had this problem before the open beta though.
    Is this unit dependent or should everytime you use meditation it give something else?

Fenraellis

Equanimity of Mind is the buff that Meditation yields to units, regardless of which random stat was awarded. You can either determine the specific reward by observation of changes to stats, or opening the unit panel and moving the cursor over the Equanimity of Mind buff.

My two suggestions:

Make the AI more likely to seek field battles.

When an AI surrenders, only give the player the AIs main hero and change it’s remaining cities to independents. Gaining those huge enemy cities kills the balance and suddenly you jump miles ahead of the other opponents.

gelat

My ice queens start with ice nova on cool down and it never turns on. This is on the campaign, third scenario, the unit with the Queen stuck in the endless dungeon.

steeveebr

Using Entangling touch (1 turn cool down) from an item resets the dominate cool down timer (3 turn cool down) on a different item on the same hero.

Actually after a single turn it was back to normal. It just showed that the timer was reset in the tool tip.

ninninnin

with the change to life stealing, does this mean i can expect a unit with chilling to get chilling2 if a white witch gives it frozen flames? i hope theyll be able to cast on themselves if that is the case

DragonWolf87

So, can we expect the patch in this week? AI not using spells can be quite pleasant, but in the longer run it’s irritating. And I’d rather not use the beta version of the patch…

BTW “Frostlings now like Fertile Plains (instead of Barrens)”
    I suppose this is a balancing change of some kind cause frankly I don’t see them Frostlings being natural born Farmers ;P

Astraflame

Reminder, if Mr Tombles cares to look at the ‘mere mortals’ opinions 😀
    http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/tigran-berserker-bear-shaman-op/
    Basically, will the Tigran ”Bear shaman” be allowed to remain one of the most overpowered units age of wonders 3 has seen in a while? T.T

Edit; A bit too harsh 😀

Astraflame

Second reminder, High Elf mounted archers have been overpowered since the general mounted archer buffs several months ago and now worse than before with racial governance in mind(No line of sight penalty). Is it really reasonable that this unit should cost as much as human mounted archers while being totally superior most of the time(blessed arrows or not) 110/20? How about an adequate cost increase to match their power, how about 120/30. They’re a T 2.5 -t3 unit without any doubts with warlord upgrades with the upkeep of regular t2 unit.

Edit; Forgot to link the relevant discussion. http://ageofwonders.com/forums/topic/high-elf-mounted-archer-thoughts/

Gold Dragon now costs 50 gold more and Golden Dragon Inspiration no longer works on Dragons.

Aww. Always loved that it did.

“Yup, I’m a Golden Dragon, I’m awesome” – just such a fitting draconic trait.

Fenraellis

with the change to life stealing, does this mean i can expect a unit with chilling to get chilling2 if a white witch gives it frozen flames? i hope theyll be able to cast on themselves if that is the case

For what it’s worth, they never said anything of the sort. Inflict Stun doesn’t stack on Sorcerer-Storm Sisters. Backstab doesn’t stack on Assassins, and so on.

Life Stealing was just a particular ability which had the potential to stack three to four times under the right circumstances, unlike the others. So it was given a reduced-functionality stacking mechanic.

Basically, will the Tigran ”Bear shaman” be allowed to remain one of the most overpowered units age of wonders 3 has seen in a while? T.T

Already taken note of and being looked into, actually.

esvath

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Tombles wrote:</div>
    Gold Dragon now costs 50 gold more and Golden Dragon Inspiration no longer works on Dragons.

Aww. Always loved that it did.

“Yup, I’m a Golden Dragon, I’m awesome” – just such a fitting draconic trait.

Whaaat!? Nooooo… 😥

It is more expensive and get nerfed? Why? 🙁

Akinaba

Already taken note of and being looked into, actually.

Would not mind if that would be given to all shamans with raising their price or nerfing them in other way accordingly…

Really, the most the Shaman might need is 3 AP required to shapeshift. Druids can get plenty of bears better and cheaper than the one the Shaman can shift into, which lose all the great support skills that Shamans have. The only annoying thing about bear shamans is the way that forcing it into melee doesn’t achieve anything, since it’ll just shift, heal the wounds done, and become a T3 melee unit.

Without the ability to shift in melee, if anything, the bear shaman is a disadvantage compared to other shamans, seeing as how they are much harder to one turn.

NuMetal

Yeah, the bonus switches on at Lord mode, and for Lords it’s pretty tiny (2hp per turn). Kings get 4, Emperors 8.

Hmm, I am still not that happy that undead and m,achines now heal more than living units. If this could be lowered to 2,4,6 it’d be very much appreciated.

It is more expensive and get nerfed? Why?

Because it was straight up overpowered.

I’ll just copy the reasoning because I’m a lazy person: 🙂

How does the Golden Dragon compare to the red dragon?

Pros:
    – +10 HP
    – +True Sight
    – +100% Blight Protection
    – +100% Spirit Protection
    – +1 Resistance to all units in the stack
    – +250 morale to all units in the stack
    – better upgrades on level ups

Cons:
    – -1 physical strength
    – + 40 gold cost

As we can see the pros outweigh the cons by a lot. By so much in fact that it is a no brainer. It’s just not a choice. It’s straight up so much better in every way that it’s ridiculous.

So yeah, the real question is not why there were nerfs but rather if the nerfs were enough 😉

So yeah, the real question is not why there were nerfs but rather if the nerfs were enough

Not saying they don’t need a change, but I personally really liked how they inspired themselves and would rather keep it and give them suitable nerfs for that (like -1 RES so with their boonus from inspiration just keeps them up to par).

Jolly Joker

So, with Animate Ruins being a global spell now that has to be researched – what Tier is it and how much research cost?

Zaskow

Tier 1. 60 RP.

Jolly Joker

That’s definitely too cheap. It’s a tach that makes no sense as T1/60, since you don’t need it early, because you neither stumble over ruins early nor will you produce any to animate them.

I suggest to make this a very cheap T4: 320 res. (Multiple reasons)

Epaminondas

Whoah; I didn’t see this earlier.

Are we still on schedule for this week release then? 😉

Smidlee

Hmm, I am still not that happy that undead and m,achines now heal more than living units. If this could be lowered to 2,4,6 it’d be very much appreciated.

Note they only get this bonus in the fog of war. Before The Necromancer AI would be the first to be wiped out in my games.

Maybe it’s by design, but positive spells (I used the Archdruid population booster and the alignment change spell) cast on vassals are lost when the vassal is bought out. I don’t think there’s any real reason for the spells to be canceled.

NuMetal

Tier 1. 60 RP.

I agree.

’s a tach that makes no sense as T1/60, since you don’t need it early

I do need it early sometimes.
    It’s a tech that can be sweet for some strategies and entirely useless for others. That’s another reason why I’d like to not have a high research cost so that you can get it out of the way easily.

Note they only get this bonus in the fog of war. Before The Necromancer AI would be the first to be wiped out in my games.

I do know this and I was in fact the one who initiated these changes exactly because I noticed how weak the Necromancer was.
    However the majority of the AI’s units will still be running around in the fog of war (especially on XL-maps) and also there should be no situation where the undead heal more than the living.

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 347 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.