Update v1.602+ Patch Notes – Updated 15/9/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.602+ Patch Notes – Updated 15/9/2015

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 169 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 170 total)
  • Author

SikBok
    Keymaster

Update
    This beta has now been switched to use the new Modding system!

See this post for details and a more up to date list of patch notes:

http://aow.triumph.net/forums/topic/modding-open-beta/

Hi,

Here is some information about the v1.6+ Patch.
    If you want to try these changes, we’ve made it available on Steam as an Open Beta.

How to switch to the Continued Open Beta?

• Right Click ‘Age of Wonders 3’ in your Steam Library and select ‘Properties’ from the menu that appears.
    • Select the ‘BETAS’ tab in the ‘Properties’ window.
    • Set the combobox to ‘open_beta’.
    • Close the ‘Properties’ window.
    • Start the game to force an update.

Or watch the start of the following video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdej8kmdB3Q

Beware!
    It’s a beta, so things might crash or malfunction. This can cause you to lose progress or wreck save games, so only switch to the beta if you are willing to take that risk ; )>

Also note that if you are playing online multiplayer or PBEM matches everyone in the match needs to move into the beta branch if you do. I suggest switching back – opting out of beta – when playing PBEM games, unless everyone agrees on moving into the beta.
    Latest Changes

• Fire Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 fire damage (was 6)
    • Frost Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 frost damage (was 6)
    • Bone Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 blight damage (was 6)
    • Gold Wyvern now has 54hp (was 46), does 7 spirit damage (was 6)
    • Obsidian Wyvern now has 48hp (was 40), does 10 physical/3 blight damage (was 11 physical), has Inflict Weakened on gold (was Inflict Exhausting Fatigue)
    • Fixed City Quake to have proper happiness and relation damage.

Patch v1.607+ – Beta

• Fixed a bug that prevented roaming independent monsters from attacking undefended cities.
    • Fixed a bug in the Random Map Generator where the setting ‘Random Map Type’ would sometimes generate incorrect maps.
    • Fixed a rare crash caused by independent heroes casting spells during city battles.
    • Draconian Monster Hunter now has the correct damage upgrades when levelling up.
    • Mount of Unlife now also display Inflict Noxious Vulnerability in the unit panel.
    • Fixed Falling Clouds not affecting unit vision range.
    • Fixed issue where cosmic happenings fired by the Box Of Cataclysms would sometimes not apply to all players.
    • Penguins are even more dire now.
    • Vampire Spider no longer is dedicated to evil.
    • Load time optimization for low specs machines.
    • Fixed a rare issue where the AI would hang in tactical combat when trying to retreat heroes.
    • Fixed a crash when a cosmic happening ended.
    • ‘Flaming Mace of Yakka’ is now called ‘Flaming Mace of Yaka’.
    • Fixed an issue where a player would lose the game when their throne city was a Reef Dwelling far from land, and their leader returned from the void.
    • Added failsafe code that detects a rare issue when a player loses both their leader and throne city without losing the game.
    • Added PBEM Version Upgrade confirmation dialog. This is intended warn people of possible version conflicts in PBEM. E.g. if some people in a PBEM session forgot to switch out of a beta build before playing.
    • Fixed an issue where an incorrect error message would be displayed for the spell currently being cast in the spell book.
    • Fixed a translation issue that caused some Polish text to be displayed in the French version and vice versa.
    • Fixed a bug where clicking ‘Yes’ on the duplicate color dialog during leader customization could cause the starting layer to be different from what the player had selected.
    • Burial Ground now costs 100 gold (was 100 gold, 50 mana)
    • Basilica now costs 100 gold, 50 mana (was 200 gold, 50 mana)
    • Dwarf Economic 1 now gives cities with Stone Walls +10 production for Necromancer Players
    • Corpus Furia now does 15 blight damage (was 10 physical)
    • Domain of XXX spells will no longer appear in the spell book for Necromancers
    • Essence Harvest no longer gives casting points for killing Ghouls
    • Necromancer players will now almost always be offered a necromancer hero in the first round.
    • Whispers Of The Dead now costs 15 mana per turn (was 10) and gives a small amount of knowledge for each unit the player kills in combat and each unit that dies in battles that the spell detects
    • Phantasm Warriors now have resistance 8 (was 9)
    • Fixed an issue where units with multiple copies of the same ability would sometimes be able to bypass the ability’s cooldown.
    • Fixed high elf race governance upgrades having the wrong names
    • When a debuff stacks on a target, the timers on other copies of the debuff will now be reset so all copies share the same timer.
    • Necromancer players can no longer select the Creation specializations (almost none of the skills in the sphere were of any use to them)
    • Fire Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 fire damage (was 6)
    • Frost Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 frost damage (was 6)
    • Bone Wyvern now has 52hp (was 44), does 7 blight damage (was 6)
    • Gold Wyvern now has 54hp (was 46), does 7 spirit damage (was 6)
    • Obsidian Wyvern now has 48hp (was 40), does 10 physical/3 blight damage (was 11 physical), has Inflict Weakened on gold (was Inflict Exhausting Fatigue)
    • Fixed City Quake to have proper happiness and relation damage.

Final Patch Notes v1.607 – Released

• Fixed issue where tutorial could not be started when starting the campaign from the ‘Let’s go!’ button (only visible to new players)/li>
    • Fixed issue where debriefing of the first elven court campaign map was skipped/li>
    • Fixed issue where PBEM game could become to large
    • Fixed issue allies not seeing combat results
    • Rite Of Malediction will no longer rotate affected units to face the spell’s caster
    • Goblin Swarm Darters now have Cave Concealment
    • Dwarf Economic 1 now grants 75 happiness to city with stone walls (was +4 gold per hex tunneled through)
    • Fixed an issue where units would generate smoke in enemy domains when they should be concealed

Teehon

It hasn’t even been a week since the release of 1.6, you are real patch enthusiasts!

Dwarf Economic 1 now grants 75 happiness to city with stone walls (was +4 gold per hex tunneled through)

Not very happy about it. The previous bonus was original and unique. These +50/+75 Happiness bonuses I don’t like because it’s a lot of micromanagment for the player to check if it will have any real effect on his empire (for example, if 3 of my cities are 420 Happiness and one is on 310 Happiness this upgrade will not give me anything at all and this will not change even if i build +100 Happiness building in all of them)

esvath

Wow, I am speechless. I haven’t managed to complete a game and you guys have started another round of patch?

My respect for Triumph has gone shooting through the sky!

Edit: I also don’t like the change on Dwarven Economic I. While I think the original bonus is situational (you get nothing on Surface only map), it was, well, original. The new one is too generic. I propose to keep the original one, unless you got something more unique. If the gold gained from tunneling is too much, maybe reduce the amount of gold?

Teehon

Edit: I also don’t like the change on Dwarven Economic I. While I think the original bonus is situational (you get nothing on Surface only map), it was, well, original. The new one is too generic. I propose to keep the original one, unless you got something more unique. If the gold gained from tunneling is too much, maybe reduce the amount of gold?

Maybe reduce the amount of gold but give the Prospectors an ability to Demolish Trees with this RGU?

Zaskow

From one side I’m happy that now Dwarf eco1 is useful without underground too. From second – Dwarf eco1 was interesting and just needed a little nerf and some additions.

emky

Tree crusher Prospector, interesting idea. The happiness on stone wall is kind of sad. 🙁

Teehon

Fighting Elves with forced deforestation 😀

Wallthing

I’d rather take a hit to the gold bonus on RG1 (+3 or even +2/hex?) than turn something cool and unique into a generic happiness bonus. I suppose if you have to make it a happiness bonus, connecting it to stone walls is very dwarfish.

Rite of malediction fix: awesome, thank you. It drove me crazy before (not to mention getting units killed).

Tombles
    Keymaster

Hey guys!

With regards to Dwarf Econ 1, we were just getting too many complaints that it was too strong. There were people saying you could just start underground and get so much cash you could rush everything you needed to build and it broke the economy. Combined with complaints that it was only useful when you were underground, really it just seemed simplest to replace it with something else. I understand that it’s quite an underwhelming bonus, but when you look at what other races get at econ 1, they’re almost all fairly underwhelming.

Teehon

Hey guys!

With regards to Dwarf Econ 1, we were just getting too many complaints that it was too strong. There were people saying you could just start underground and get so much cash you could rush everything you needed to build and it broke the economy. Combined with complaints that it was only useful when you were underground, really it just seemed simplest to replace it with something else. I understand that it’s quite an underwhelming bonus, but when you look at what other races get at econ 1, they’re almost all fairly underwhelming.

As I expected.
    (Even though I tried such a strategy a couple of times and to be honest, collecting piles of gold laying around still nets more)

Some t1 bonuses are actually really good: for example Tigrans’ -25% discount on Settlers. Considering it works on both Gold and Population you can wait until you get the first tier RGU, and then build your first Settler in one turn for 75 Gold 750 Pop. This is really nice.

I have an alternative idea for Dwarven Economic I: Dwarven Builders cost 10% cheaper (their increased price doesn’t make any sense anyway, since they can’t fight) and build improvements (Roads, Watch Towers, Forts) 20% cheaper.

Arnout
    Keymaster

V1.602 is now live in the default steam branch!

Final Patch Notes v1.602

• Fixed issue where tutorial could not be started when starting the campaign from the ‘Let’s go!’ button (only visible to new players)
    • Fixed issue where debriefing of the first elven court campaign map was skipped
    • Fixed issue where PBEM games could become to large
    • Fixed issue allies not seeing combat results
    • Rite Of Malediction will no longer rotate affected units to face the spell’s caster
    • Goblin Swarm Darters now have Cave Concealment
    • Dwarf Economic 1 now grants 75 happiness to city with stone walls (was +4 gold per hex tunneled through)

Please note: The GoG Build is coming tomorrow. If you want to continue playing multiplayer with your GoG friends please switch to the Steam branch Previous_v1.600.

Nodor

Hey guys!

I have been able to sustain up to 3 prospectors and still average 2-3 tunnels/turn/prospector. Dwarves remain slow, max possible per prospector is 4/turn. With large blocks of dirt walls, this ability works out to an average 36 gold/turn. 3 Prospectors mining 3 blocks, at 4 bonus gold per block is 3*3*4=36. (Less replacement cost due to hostile neutrals killing them.) I estimate that I get about 1K gold per game from this racial governance upgrade.

A 25% discount on settlers is more than 500 gold a settler (because it also applies to build time and population cost). The Tigran and Human benefit is easily 200 – 300% of this upgrade. (Assuming you build 3-5 settlers in a game.)

Does anyone have any math on the value of +75% happiness? I am curious as to how it compares.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  President.

Nodor

My bad on the math above. Population is not gold.

Ok, racial 1 economic valuations (assuming 7 target cities and 50 turns)

Draconians: 35 gold x 7 shrines = 245 gold
    Old Dwarves: 36 g/t x50 – 12 g/t upkeep – 10*44 gold replacements = 760 gold
    New Dwarves: Morale boost – Difficult to estimate.
    Frostlings: Morale boost – Difficult to estimate.
    Goblins: Pop Boost – Difficult to estimate.
    Halflings: 35 gold x 7 Storehouses = 245 gold
    High Elves: Pop Boost – Difficult to estimate.
    Humans: 40*6= 240 Gold + 2400 Pop Boost – Difficult to estimate.
    Orcs: 50*7 = 350 Gold
    Tigrans: 180*6= 180 Gold + 1800 Pop Boost – Difficult to estimate.

Based on this Old Dwarf economic 1 was.. excessive after the second prospector. I am struggling to value morale and population – they are obviously beneficial, but it is unclear as to how to value them.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  President.

SpiritSeeker

Would it be an idea to warn PBEM players in-game as soon as they are trying to load their turn if they have a NEWER version than the previous player, and inform them of the potential consequences for other players, especially if that newer version is not available to both GoG and Steam players?

I’m getting all kinds of panic reactions (like reinstalling the game) from my co-PBEM-players in two games about not being able to play because of a version difference, even though they have the current GoG-version. I guess people tend not to read the patch notes and follow-up warnings on this forum, especially those Steam players who automatically update their games.
    It’s kind of confusing when even the official builds are in not in sync between GoG and Steam!

I am happy about the updates of course, so thanks! But us poor PBEM players tend to get lost in this version madness! 😉

SikBok
    Keymaster

New patch has gone live in Open Beta on Steam.

Patch v1.603 – Beta

• Fixed a bug that prevented roaming independent monsters from attacking undefended cities.
    • Fixed a bug in the Random Map Generator where the setting ‘Random Map Type’ would sometimes generate incorrect maps.

esvath

@sikbok, how about AI players being passive or maybe over-cautious that some players observed in this thread?

bruceangus

When is this coming to GOG(1.602 and 1.603) or is there anyway to manually update a GOG version or manually revert a Steam version? Me and my friend have an ongoing game which we were prevented from playing yesterday because he uses Steam and I use GOG. I would like to be able to play with him tonight and in the future.

Will the patch make it to GOG tonight?

SikBok
    Keymaster

@sikbok, how about AI players being passive or maybe over-cautious that some players observed in this thread?

These – and other AI reports – seem highly dependent on map settings, the map the rmg comes up with, playstyle of the human player, what people think AI should be doing, etc.
    For the linked topic, there are systems in place for AI to expand, go capture far away targets, etc. So the AI is capable of performing the desired actions but is deciding not to.

When is this coming to GOG(1.602 and 1.603) or is there anyway to manually update a GOG version or manually revert a Steam version? Me and my friend have an ongoing game which we were prevented from playing yesterday because he uses Steam and I use GOG. I would like to be able to play with him tonight and in the future.

Will the patch make it to GOG tonight?

Our contact at GoG told us the 1.602 patch should be available around the time I’m posting this. For switching to the ‘previous’ branch on Steam, please do this:

If you want to continue playing multiplayer with your GoG friends please switch to the Steam branch Previous_v1.600.

by following these steps:

• Right Click ‘Age of Wonders 3′ in your Steam Library and select ‘Properties’ from the menu that appears.
    • Select the ‘BETAS’ tab in the ‘Properties’ window.
    • Set the combobox to ‘open_beta’.
    • Close the ‘Properties’ window.
    • Start the game to force an update.

esvath

Ah, so it is not bugs but intended AI behaviour, then? I am glad to hear that!

Thanks, @sikbok!

EverydayJoe

It probably is any minute, but until now, over 2 days after the Steam release, 1.602 is not yet available on GOG.

Makes me a little anxious, i have to admit. I have 12 people in 4 PBEM matches waiting for my turn. If one of them actually switched to 1.603, which i can’t tell yet, i might need to leave that match anyway, after letting them wait.
    Trying to organize strangers per indirect e-mail, who might not even read it or understand the language, into finding out who has what version, making them switch to older ones, the host to revert the right turns, and everyone involved to redo theirs, seems unpractical. Most player don’t read through the forums regularly.

Is anything planned to improve such problems, or would it be prudent to find/start GOG only matches in the near future?

SpiritSeeker

Been pressing F5 on GoG for two days now. I’m guessing it’s out of your hands and it’s just waiting until GoG publishes 1.602.
    I’m taking the opportunity to invite serious players to the PBEM player pool at:
    http://www.the-battlefield.com/games/273/index.php?page=main
    The more people there, the higher the chances that GoG-only matches will become a possibility.

EverydayJoe

Interesting site, Seeker… Joined.

Khelle

@tombles I have a question to the devs – is the feature for disabling champions mechanics which was asked few times on the forum – planned for any patch, or is not going to happen? At least, not for now? Thanks in advance!

Tombles
    Keymaster

Hi Khelle, we are not planning to add that in a future patch.

Khelle

@tombles oh, I see… thanks for fast answer 🙂

Motasa

May I be so terrible blunt to implore you to look at this bug of the Summon Wild Animal spell of the Arch Druid. As it stands now, getting a Vampire Baby Spider is not that much of a boon, knowing that it will become pure evil when they grow up and evolve to Spider Queens. So if you’re neutral or going for good alignment, you shouldn’t bother making them evolve (getting them to gold medal).

mormengil

So for a Dwarven Necro econ 1 is useless?

slashman

In my current Beta game I have my only city garrisoned with nothing but a settler and a Draconian flamer. An NPC stack consisting of a Dread Spider Queen and 2 vampire spider babies still have not attacked it two turns after being in my domain. They just move back and forth.

I know there was a bug with attacking undefended cities, but is there some reason this stack would avoid such an easy target? Or are animal only stacks not supposed to attack cities at all?

The only other factor that I can see being an issue is that I had a stack with 2 heroes nearby which I was bringing back to defend the city, but they were not there for the first turn at all.

EverydayJoe

It probably is any minute, but until now, over 2 days after the Steam release, 1.602 is not yet available on GOG.

Around 2800 minutes later.

Trust me, i can feel it! Any minute now…

esvath

I hope Triumph releases Patch 1.603 next Monday and GOG will deliver it at the same day with Steam.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.