Update v1.602+ Patch Notes – Updated 15/9/2015

We’ve moved over to the paradox forums. Please come visit us there to discuss:
You can still read the collective wisdom - and lolz - of the community here, but posting is no longer possible.

Home Forums Update v1.5 – Open Beta Update v1.602+ Patch Notes – Updated 15/9/2015

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 169 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  Tombles 6 years ago.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 170 total)
  • Author

hexxyn

tuster

thx, but don’t do this again, please!
    ATM all PBEM games are halted at GOG players because there is a version mismatch with steam. Release default steam patches at the same moment there is a GOG patch available online. Thx again!

V1.602 is now live in the default steam branch!

Final Patch Notes v1.602

• Fixed issue where tutorial could not be started when starting the campaign from the ‘Let’s go!’ button (only visible to new players)
    • Fixed issue where debriefing of the first elven court campaign map was skipped
    • Fixed issue where PBEM games could become to large
    • Fixed issue allies not seeing combat results
    • Rite Of Malediction will no longer rotate affected units to face the spell’s caster
    • Goblin Swarm Darters now have Cave Concealment
    • Dwarf Economic 1 now grants 75 happiness to city with stone walls (was +4 gold per hex tunneled through)

Please note: The GoG Build is coming tomorrow. If you want to continue playing multiplayer with your GoG friends please switch to the Steam branch Previous_v1.600.

SpiritSeeker

YAY! 1.602 is live on GoG…
    Let’s resume play!

Motasa

Release default steam patches at the same moment there is a GOG patch available online. Thx again!

If GOG fails to deliver the patch earlier, or requires more work/time to actually create and put a patch file on their site, it’s their fault. Why should Steam users have to wait till GOG catches up?

Sorry ma’am, we can’t give you the new product we just got delivered yet. We have to wait till those hillbillies on the other side of the street get their store-shelf stocked before we can offer the new product to you.

In all seriousness, hopefully GOG Galaxy will eventually shorten the time between dev’s releasing the patch and GOG allowing you to actually download the patch and update your game. But considering their beta of Galaxy is, at this moment, just a shiny GOG browser with limited extra functionalities, I fear that may take some time.

tuster

Release default steam patches at the same moment there is a GOG patch available online. Thx again!

If GOG fails to deliver the patch earlier, or requires more work/time to actually create and put a patch file on their site, it’s their fault. Why should Steam users have to wait till GOG catches up?

I don’t mean the steam users to wait longer then they must for an update. I was just asking to wait with the update on the default branch on steam until there is a gog version available. If you want the bleeding edge version you can get the beta-updates on steam anytime.

The problem with the default branch on steam is that everybody has to update to that version in order to play AoW3 via steam. There is no way to say: hey, I don’t want to upgrade right now because then I will boost any PBEM game I play to that version. On steam, you are forced to play the latest version. GoG users who don’t have that version simply cannot do their turns (version mismatch) after a forced update of their match.

SikBok
    Keymaster

A new version – v1.604 – is now available in beta.

Latest Changes

• Fixed a rare crash caused by independent heroes casting spells during city battles.
    • Draconian Monster Hunter now has the correct damage upgrades when levelling up.
    • Mount of Unlife now also display Inflict Noxious Vulnerability in the unit panel.
    • Fixed Falling Clouds not affecting unit vision range.
    • Fixed issue where cosmic happenings fired by the Box Of Cataclysms would sometimes not apply to all players.
    • Vampire Spider no longer is dedicated to evil.
    • Load time optimization for low specs machines.

Stormwind

Sorry ma’am, we can’t give you the new product we just got delivered yet. We have to wait till those hillbillies on the other side of the street get their store-shelf stocked before we can offer the new product to you.

In all seriousness, hopefully GOG Galaxy will eventually shorten the time between dev’s releasing the patch and GOG allowing you to actually download the patch and update your game. But considering their beta of Galaxy is, at this moment, just a shiny GOG browser with limited extra functionalities, I fear that may take some time.

+1

GoG people had the option to buy from Steam, and then pour online complainign about steam, why should they now hold up the show just because they bought from an inferior service?

And Tusters idea of splitting off into yet a 3rd option is even worse, with bleeding edge beta, regular beta, and the antique available to GoG leaves us with 3 possibilities instead of the 2 we have now.

SpiritSeeker

Guys, seriously, how does waiting an extra week for some minor bug fixes on the regular release branch remotely compare to all mixed PBEM games completely halting, and all mixed GOG-Steam friend groups not being able to play with each other, and some people being utterly confused about what’s going on. Asynchronous regular updates hurt all mixed GoG and Steam player multiplayer games. Keeping the regular updates synchronous hurts no one at all, if the latest updates are just put in the beta release, for the Steamers who can’t live without and don’t have GOG-friends the play with. That’s what the open beta is for.

1+1=2 in my opinion!

The only challenge it seems is to find some kind of solid agreement with GOG to actually make it happen. If GOG makes hard promises but does not keep them for a week, it’s hard to coordinate with Steam. For the abovementioned reasons, I’d say first wait until GOG puts the update online, and then notify Steam, because the latter is faster.
    Or, perhaps it was just a one-time glitch, let’s hope so! I just love my PBEM games too much to be missing them for too long! 😉 Let’s play!

hexxyn

slashman

I’m getting an end turn crash as well.

SikBok
    Keymaster

@steam & GoG Updates vs. PBEM

For the last update to the main – non-beta – game there was an unfortunate delay in getting the build out on GoG’s end. This is the first time this has occurred in over a year of continues updates, so the chances of this occurring again seem slim.

On people in Steam joining the Beta and thereby breaking PBEM. The topics on joining the beta all state that it’s best to either not participate or switch back to the main – non-default – game when playing PBEM.
    Worst case the host can roll back turns to resolve any version conflicts.

We’ve discussed a technical solution for this, but there is no elegant solution for this.

@End of Turn Bug.

Thanks for reporting hexxyn & slashman.
    We’ve found the issue and a fix for it is in the works.
    Hope to make that available soon.

MartyD81

Well, I do not honestly know if my issue is actually related to the newest update but I have been having a serious problem with the game lately. The game has crashed on me for the second time ever after a pretty long time (the first time was a random crash) but this time it seems I cannot continue playing my current game (The Valley of the lost seals scenario) past turn 70. I have no idea if this matters or not but the game crashes exactly the turn the “Entering the void” cosmic happening effect is supposed to wear off.
    I had started playing the scenario with the 1.603 build, and so the particular save was carried over – perhaps a possible source of the game crashing? Anyway, which files do I need to send to the devs and where? Or should I run the game in debug mode first? Never tried this thing before because I have not had to until now… Thanks in advance for your help!

SikBok
    Keymaster

Hi MartyD81,

Thanks for reporting.

That’s a beta specific issue. We have zero-ed in on the issue and hope to make a new beta version available soon that should resolve this.

Motasa

Vampire Spider no longer is dedicated to evil.

Summon Gargantuan Animal can give you Vampire Spider Queens which aren’t dedicated to evil, just like Summon Wild Animal can give you Dire Penguins or Fire Adept gives you the spell to summon a Hell Hound which both aren’t dedicated to evil. The bug I reported was that summoned Baby Vampire Spiders (by Summon Wild Animal) evolving to Vampire Spider Queens suddenly became dedicated to evil. I didn’t mind Vampire Spiders being dedicated to evil, only when I summoned them.

Was this the only way to prevent evolving Baby Vampire Spiders from becoming dedicated to evil?

MartyD81

Oh, such a quick reply, thanks! I will wait for a more stable build, I can live with that… After all, a short break from the game after 220 hrs does not sound like a bad idea:-).

SikBok
    Keymaster

A new version – still v1.604 like the last one though – is now available in beta.

Latest Changes

• Fixed a rare issue where the AI would hang in tactical combat when trying to retreat heroes.
    • Fixed a crash when a cosmic happening ended.
    • ‘Flaming Mace of Yakka’ is now called ‘Flaming Mace of Yaka’.

That should resolve the bugs reported here since the last update.

Narvek
    Keymaster

Was this the only way to prevent evolving Baby Vampire Spiders from becoming dedicated to evil?

Basically, yes 🙂

Motasa

Basically, yes :)

Fair enough. Just curious. Glad I don’t have to savescum any more when using Summon Wild Animal to prevent getting the pretty awesome vampire spiders. 😀

esvath

I have posted this on Bug forum but receive no reply yet:

Since 1.600, I got random maps with Two Hearts of Blight. They are spawned near each other. Is this intended?

Hunter

Since 1.600, I got random maps with Two Hearts of Blight. They are spawned near each other. Is this intended?

I’ve also posted that. Not just blight, but sometimes other hearts as well. Not really a problem, but I don’t think that is how it is meant to work.

SikBok
    Keymaster

It’s a consequence of how the RMG is set up to generate maps. It’s not as much intended, but more something that apparently happens.

I wonder if this is really an issue in need of attention. I’d assume the only downside is if you have two of them in the domain of a single city.

esvath

It’s a consequence of how the RMG is set up to generate maps. It’s not as much intended, but more something that apparently happens.

I wonder if this is really an issue in need of attention. I’d assume the only downside is if you have two of them in the domain of a single city.

It is not game breaking or anything, just came as a weird thing for me.

hexxyn

I kind of prefer the chance to have multiple since they can be razed, never to return (unless I’m missing something).

I’d really like the ability to rebuild special structures and dwellings that were razed somehow if you happen to be taking requests 🙂

I still wish you guys would fix the fact that there are duplicate heroes and leaders, by deletion if necessary.

MartyD81

I have found a possible bug or perhaps a description inconsistency: when I click on a gold mine the description says a 10 gold income but hovering over it (without clicking) it says “10 gold 40 happiness”. I wonder why a gold mine would give an extra happiness bonus… Anyway, which description is correct?

Motasa

I wonder why a gold mine would give an extra happiness bonus… Anyway, which description is correct?

Probably this. Also, always check your city screen which has the best overview of the gold, mana, population and happiness gains of the surrounding structures in its domain.

MartyD81

You are right, I completely forgot I had the site enchanted with the Sanctified Sites spell. Thanks for refreshing my memory!

Teehon

Dwarven T1 economic is useless for necromancers.

slashman

Is the beta over now? Has the patch gone live?

SikBok
    Keymaster

Is the beta over now? Has the patch gone live?

No, it is not over, although there hasn’t been any updates of late.
    Also, the patch has not been officially released yet.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 170 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.